Enjoy this before and after | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Enjoy this before and after

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Were they smokers?
No I do not think. It is mostly a bunch of people living in a tight home. Also they have a small dog and used alot of soapy products on the carpet when the dog peed. Attracted a ton of dirt to those spots.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Oh hell no man. Bust out the rotary.
Confession: It actually cleaned pretty easy. Maybe it was the chems or maybe it was just good carpet, but literally one wand stroke. I have a video, but don't know how to load it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I had a similar job recently. But the power was off. So I couldn’t prevac or preagitate. To top it off I was doing an over run empty and the truck had no prespray. However I did have my new rinse on the truck. I wasn’t expecting it to get the filthy poly but so clean. But I was blown away. Take a look...

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
i thought you installed aux power in your trucks Rob?

looks good

I had a similar job recently. But the power was off. So I couldn’t prevac or preagitate. To top it off I was doing an over run empty and the truck had no prespray. However I did have my new rinse on the truck. I wasn’t expecting it to get the filthy poly but so clean. But I was blown away. Take a look...

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty

Here's some of my thoughts Rob. First off, I just never really have that much trouble with poly's. Maybe it's from years of cleaning carpets with portables, but I can clean anything (that will come out) with my truckmount. Second thought, that picture would be a whole lot better with a strip of clean through the middle of that dirty zone. Everyone knows the transition strip from hard surface to carpet is the dirtiest. You should have had one strip cleaned through that dirty area because that picture could be deceptive if the rest of the room wasn't bad. My third thought, I really like the ideal of a neutral rinse like your doing. I've thought this for years and it started with looking at Sunbelt magazine in the masterblend section. Masterblend has a extraction powder called R.A.G.E. It is a pH of 8.5. I saw this forever ago, and said to myself, if somebody could lower that a tad more, they would make a killing selling the powder. Never got to try the masterblend powder as I can't find any ppl who sell it around my area. Personally, I have some thoughts that I wish could get executed when it comes to chems, but I am just a nobody in the industry. One of my biggest thoughts has always been a powder around 7-7.5 pH though, and it sounds like your doing it. I hope other companies follow your lead. The reason I use my extraction cleaner is it is at 10 pH and that is the lowest pH I can find.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Looks awesome! What was your prespray?
Using a 4-1 hydroforce, 6 scoops of enzyme prespray by Harvard Chemical Research and 2 ounces of citrus booster. I had some old prespray from the night before with the same mixture only it had a lil bit of degreaser in it. I needed to top my hydroforce jug of and I used it. Put about 20 ounces of that in my jug to fill it up. My jug is a gallon jug to be clear also. The degreaser is from some very small local chem. company near me. Another cleaner gave me it to try, and so far I like to boost. Since it was already diluted in the chem before, I'd say I got maybe an ounce of degreaser.

Reactions: Swani21

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
No I do not think. It is mostly a bunch of people living in a tight home. Also they have a small dog and used alot of soapy products on the carpet when the dog peed. Attracted a ton of dirt to those spots.
Just looking at the pics it looks like there is a pretty even soiling going all the way up to the walls and around furniture. The only way that can ever happen is if it was airborne. I think that's why smoking was mentioned above, but there are other ways for it to happen. The most common I've seen is if the vent fan over their cook stove doesn't work well, particularly if it's not vented to the outside. I've seen some pretty bad ones just from that alone. No smoking or anything else involved. Another is candle burning done frequently. Both seem to be much worse if the carpet is poly. They attract those airborne particles and they just cling to the fibers. Because they're airborne they get distributed through the HVAC.

Cameron RDS

Jun 2, 2015
Real Name
Cameron Duty
Just looking at the pics it looks like there is a pretty even soiling going all the way up to the walls and around furniture. The only way that can ever happen is if it was airborne. I think that's why smoking was mentioned above, but there are other ways for it to happen. The most common I've seen is if the vent fan over their cook stove doesn't work well, particularly if it's not vented to the outside. I've seen some pretty bad ones just from that alone. No smoking or anything else involved. Another is candle burning done frequently. Both seem to be much worse if the carpet is poly. They attract those airborne particles and they just cling to the fibers. Because they're airborne they get distributed through the HVAC.
Great info. Think I might have seen a few candles. Not positive though

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here's some of my thoughts Rob. First off, I just never really have that much trouble with poly's. Maybe it's from years of cleaning carpets with portables, but I can clean anything (that will come out) with my truckmount. Second thought, that picture would be a whole lot better with a strip of clean through the middle of that dirty zone. Everyone knows the transition strip from hard surface to carpet is the dirtiest. You should have had one strip cleaned through that dirty area because that picture could be deceptive if the rest of the room wasn't bad. My third thought, I really like the ideal of a neutral rinse like your doing. I've thought this for years and it started with looking at Sunbelt magazine in the masterblend section. Masterblend has a extraction powder called R.A.G.E. It is a pH of 8.5. I saw this forever ago, and said to myself, if somebody could lower that a tad more, they would make a killing selling the powder. Never got to try the masterblend powder as I can't find any ppl who sell it around my area. Personally, I have some thoughts that I wish could get executed when it comes to chems, but I am just a nobody in the industry. One of my biggest thoughts has always been a powder around 7-7.5 pH though, and it sounds like your doing it. I hope other companies follow your lead. The reason I use my extraction cleaner is it is at 10 pH and that is the lowest pH I can find.
Deceptive is quite the stretch. But I suppose any motive can be construed if desired.

As to the rinse. It was actually a mistake. I asked my chemist to make a detergent style prespray since it has been been hyped up by a snake oil salesman. Upon inspection he asked why I hand him a laundry powder with optical brighteners in it. Anyhow he went to work on the prespray, at least so I thought.

He comes back to me and says “Rob I made the best rinse ever made”. I said “I asked for a prespray”. He said “you said detergent”. I said “no it would be a prespray based off of detergent rinses”.

I said that’s ok maybe I can use it one day. Meanwhile he went on to tell me that he made it a Powder, almost Neutral (7.8), used essential oil, non resoiling, softeners, crystal encap capable, powerful surfactant and one secret ingredient.

The results and reviews have been nothing but raving cleaners and clients. They say the carpets come clean extremely easy, feel very soft when dry and that women love the light Honeysuckle Spice essential fragrance.

Who would of thought that the best rinse I have ever used was made by mistake. And I never would have known if I hadn’t of gone out to do an over run job. Can’t make it fast enough now.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Oh, and by the way, here’s the full area cleaned. It out cleans all the snake oil presprays. Instead running my moth I put my money where my mouth is.

If anyone buys my product and it’s not the best they have ever used they can call me and I’ll not only give them their money back but they can keep the product free too.

Reactions: Cameron RDS

zigdog

Jan 20, 2011
Southern California
www.goodfaithcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tony H.
Business Location
United States
Rob, what does "crystal encap capable" mean? I use end zone as my rinse because it has an encapsulant polymer as an ingredient. My reasoning is that I will have less wick back problems because of it, and I rarely and I mean maybe once a year, have an issue with stains coming back. Am I wrong to assume that the polymer is the reason? Does your secret formula rinse have a polymer like end zone? I would much rather use a powdered rinse if it will still help with wick back.