encapuclean 02 @scottw | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

encapuclean 02 @scottw

Discussion in 'Ask Our Chemist!' started by Rick J, Nov 29, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Rick J

Rick J Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +591 / 4 / -0
    @Scott W

I have some encapuclean 02. older , so not sure how good the 02 part still is.
    On my finger, it still had some bubbling (full strength, not mixed strength)
    I want to use is and bonnet a small area that had water damage.
    Since it is an encap which is formulated with h202, can I spike it with some h202, or maybe some USR?

Thanks

2. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,531 / 11 / -1

You can spike it with a little O2 but if you add too much it changes the pH and the rate at which the polymers form. That can leave the floor a little sticky. I would suggest adding no more than 1 or 2 ounces of the 3% drug store peroxide per gallon of ready to use solution.

Also be aware that as O2 ages, it can develop an unpleasant odor.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...