Encapsulation interval cleaning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
What is a fair price to charge for encapsulation in relation to hwe? We would be applying and using crb.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
That topic could be debated for days and probably will be. The truth is that pricing any product or service is seldom about being "fair." Is it "fair" that some get paid multi-millions per year for playing games because they have athletic genes? Or some get paid huge sums because of their symmetrical features and pleasing appearance?

When crude oil is sold, is the price determined by what is fair to the end-user? Do the grocery chains pay what is fair to the farmers and the laborers who pick the crops?

The point is that pricing anything is seldom about a fair price. It is about supply and demand. It is about marketing. It is about competition. It is about marketing. If the end result is what your client wants, why would the method to get that result influence the price? Would it be fair to charge more because I cleaned the floor with a bucket, sponge and toothbrush?

Our method and the associated costs and production rate may allow us to be more competitively priced, if necessary.

Be fair to yourself and your family and include a good profit. If the prices you quote are not fair to the customer, they won't hire you. That is about as fair as it is going to get under our present system.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
What is a fair price to charge for encapsulation in relation to hwe? We would be applying and using crb.
I agree with what Scott completely. The word "Fair" can be defined 100 different ways by 100 different people and their answer will no doubt change over time.

But I have a feeling that you were looking for a different answer. So let me ask you this...

* How much money does your business NEED to make per hour, consistently to be profitable? Adjust from there.

Answer that question and the answer should fall into your lap.
And remember this as well.....You Can Not Lose What You Do Not Have. NEXT!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Most of my commercial jobs dont ask how I clean. They just want their carpets maintained to a certain standard. I charge a fair price like Scott mentioned. That price for me doesn't change with hwe or encap. I have to work a little harder when it comes to hwe time, but in the end it's a wash.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
My fees are based on job size, and my time. I don’t mind pricing encap or HWE the same. Sure has been nice learning and doing more encap jobs. Today I averaged $110 per hour which for me is awesome!

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Thanks for the input guys, I'm new to the marketing and business side of things, I've decided to pursue ownership of the company I've been a tech with for the last few years so you will all probably be seeing more posts from me. Appreciate having some solid guys in the industry to call on for wisdom.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Basically they want clean carpet and you are providing that. I charge the same no matter the process. They don’t care how you clean it as long as it looks good when they walk in Monday morning.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
If you are taking over the business then you need to price your jobs in away that you are able to afford to run the business and make a profit. How are you paying for the business? Monthly payment? Business loan? Or did you pay the $125,000 out of pocket because now you need to make that money back. Any who, you need to make enough to cover overhead and make a profit. Because its and existing business you can't really afford to be the cheapest and come out on top. I just bought a brand new Hydra Master 4.8 CDS w/ new van. I've raised my prices to cover the expense of the new equipment plus some. If you could score a few water damage jobs per month you will create some breathing room for yourself paying bills.