Encapsulation - Film Former or Crystallizer

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
My biggest problem now with VLM is I don't have confidence in VLM, so I almost always go with HWE, unless it's a job my hoses can't reach.Then I'm forced to use VLM.

I need to force myself to do more VLM this year.

I wish You lived near me. Spend a day with me an I'll teach you everything you would ever need to know about VLM. And there are more than one VLM method in case you didn't know. I'd shoot so much confidence in you, you'd clean the White House and not give it a second thought.

Maybe I should open up a VLM School. I've been doing it YEARS before the term VLM was ever invented.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I wish You lived near me. Spend a day with me an I'll teach you everything you would ever need to know about VLM. And there are more than one VLM method in case you didn't know. I'd shoot so much confidence in you, you'd clean the White House and not give it a second thought.

Maybe I should open up a VLM School. I've been doing it YEARS before the term VLM was ever invented.

I start doing a Apartment Complex next week. It's only 4-5 apartments a month but I'm going to do VLM. I'm going to force myself to do VLM insead of pulling out hoses. It's a nice place and they replace any bad carpet. Should get a lot of experience and gain confidence doing them.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I start doing a Apartment Complex next week. It's only 4-5 apartments a month but I'm going to do VLM. I'm going to force myself to do VLM insead of pulling out hoses. It's a nice place and they replace any bad carpet. Should get a lot of experience and gain confidence doing them.

Okay, that's good. Practice makes perfect. Do you have a systematic method(s) in place right now, ready to go?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yes and I have all the equipment I need and more. I started doing VLM 5 years ago but rarely use it. I do HWE 99% of the time. I want to change that this year.

I did VLM one time this year so far on a unoccupied condo my TM couldn't reach. Used Bonnet Pro Omega smelled great when I was done, and came out beautiful.

I'm tired of dragging hoses, pushing a wand, and all the worries that go with a TM, and bigger profit in VLM.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Yes and I have all the equipment I need and more. I started doing VLM 5 years ago but rarely use it. I do HWE 99% of the time. I want to change that this year.

I did VLM one time this year so far on a unoccupied condo my TM couldn't reach. Used Bonnet Pro Omega smelled great when I was done, and came out beautiful.

I'm tired of dragging hoses, pushing a wand, and all the worries that go with a TM, and bigger profit in VLM.
My favorite vlm products by far is vac away
Dynamite and detonator#1 just about anything
Followed by release it DS2#2 great on those mystery spots
The TMS product is also great#3 good all-around thoroughly impressed only use one gallon
Release it punch and hydorx#4 medical buildings
Vac away axe#5 works on greasy stuff
We've used a lot more over the years these are my top five. Also have to give a note to vacaway grease hog it works well on thick caked-on Grease. We use this to extract in the restaurant entryways followed by Pad cap. I also like the economical release it product so inexpensive and works very well for those not dirty jobs

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
My favorite vlm products by far is vac away
Dynamite and detonator#1 just about anything
Followed by release it DS2#2 great on those mystery spots
The TMS product is also great#3 good all-around thoroughly impressed only use one gallon
Release it punch and hydorx#4 medical buildings
Vac away axe#5 works on greasy stuff
We've used a lot more over the years these are my top five. Also have to give a note to vacaway grease hog it works well on thick caked-on Grease. We use this to extract in the restaurant entryways followed by Pad cap. I also like the economical release it product so inexpensive and works very well for those not dirty jobs
Yes Vacaway is very good but Bonnet Pro smells better and smells clean. I use Encapcide, Helgel, Detonator, Peroxcellent, EncapGreen, Hot Knife, Spot-n-Boost, Red Vanish from Vacaway.

All encaps from Excellent Supply good also.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro

I don't blame you. Dragging hoses sucks.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

Just remember was awesome encapsulation to be transparent and honest with your customer.That it is not hwe in his not removing soil or at least not as much.
We switch from primarily using vlm to 90% detail we and not going to switch back to the vlm it has its place but not as often in residential

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Just remember was awesome encapsulation to be transparent and honest with your customer.That it is not hwe in his not removing soil or at least not as much.
We switch from primarily using vlm to 90% detail we and not going to switch back to the vlm it has its place but not as often in residential

I disagree completely. And I had over 3000 steady customers who would agree with me that VLM (MY METHOD) not only cleans well, but excels over HWE most of the time.

And before you, or anyone else goes balls to the wall, ballistic on me, remember what I always say...

IT'S NOT THE METHOD - IT'S THE MAN.
Learning to be highly skilled and successful takes time. There's more to it than "Mist & Brush".

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I disagree completely. And I had over 3000 steady customers who would agree with me that VLM (MY METHOD) not only cleans well, but excels over HWE most of the time.

And before you, or anyone else goes balls to the wall, ballistic on me, remember what I always say...

IT'S NOT THE METHOD - IT'S THE MAN.
Learning to be highly skilled and successful takes time. There's more to it than "Mist & Brush".

The company I own has been in business since 1982 it has used VLM techniques from the beginning. And we do have fairly good results with vlm.

I just stated that you have to be transparent to your customers is it really truly cleaning well for example pad capping yes that is light cleaning And in a lightly soiled home no problem. Can you clean a nasty job with it sure 40 (exaggeration in sarcasm)pads later you'll get it done.

but as many pad swaps as it often takes I can have the job completed with my rotovac and have a faster dry time. You can argument with me all you want but I'm have proof.

A good technician will have a lot of tools and their tool box and not limit themselves to just one technique of cleaning. Otherwise why would everybody that sells encap make their products work with hwe and or sell extractors?

yes you're hundred percent correct it is the man and not the method I've seen guys screw up VLM and have to fix it with an extractor followed by dry pad

But as for the truth of it you go ahead and Encap underwear and dirty socks. And tell yourself it's as clean is throwing it in the washing machine

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Young-Man-on-Couch-Eating-Popcorn.jpg

Reactions: Ymetimme

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Oxi Fresh built 350 locations and a multi million dollar company out of selling a crappy encapsulation cleaning.

Tells you it's all about the sizzle and not the steak.

HWE is obviously the best deep clean, but in some commercial cases, encap is better because of the polymer crystal reflection. Sometimes I even explain this to prospective clients, do you want it to BE CLEAN or LOOK CLEAN because in a commercial setting they don't care how clean it is, they care how it looks.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
The company I own has been in business since 1982 it has used VLM techniques from the beginning. And we do have fairly good results with vlm.

I just stated that you have to be transparent to your customers is it really truly cleaning well for example pad capping yes that is light cleaning And in a lightly soiled home no problem. Can you clean a nasty job with it sure 40 (exaggeration in sarcasm)pads later you'll get it done.

but as many pad swaps as it often takes I can have the job completed with my rotovac and have a faster dry time. You can argument with me all you want but I'm have proof.

A good technician will have a lot of tools and their tool box and not limit themselves to just one technique of cleaning. Otherwise why would everybody that sells encap make their products work with hwe and or sell extractors?

yes you're hundred percent correct it is the man and not the method I've seen guys screw up VLM and have to fix it with an extractor followed by dry pad

But as for the truth of it you go ahead and Encap underwear and dirty socks. And tell yourself it's as clean is throwing it in the washing machine

That was very well said and explained and I agree with you.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Oxi Fresh built 350 locations and a multi million dollar company out of selling a crappy encapsulation cleaning.

Tells you it's all about the sizzle and not the steak.

HWE is obviously the best deep clean, but in some commercial cases, encap is better because of the polymer crystal reflection. Sometimes I even explain this to prospective clients, do you want it to BE CLEAN or LOOK CLEAN because in a commercial setting they don't care how clean it is, they care how it looks.

I can assure you that my VLM methods and that of Oxifresh are light years apart.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The fact is a good, professional we'll use those vlm or Hwe and end up with a please customer the fact is he should probably be well-versed in both and not knock on one over the other they both have their place I would hate to leave to go do a job and not have any encapsulation solution in the truck. Because you never know who you'll run into for example the customer says that spot five cleaners has hit and no one can get it out it comes back every time I spilled a pot of coffee in the same spot in 2-3 days that always comes back. You would be a fool and a moron not to encap it. of course you could get out the water claw and try to rinse the carpet through to the pad and go through every single step to properly rinse it using hot water extraction but is that really the right course of action. A well-educated carpet cleaner we'll always have happy customers without frequent callbacks

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Boy I hope your methods are better than oxifresh their techniques are like a model t compared to a Tesla.

I am retired now and enough years have passed, so I can now tell of some of the famous people I provided my services for. But I refuse to give out addresses, or any other personal details. Though I could write volumes of tell all books if I so desired. And yes, I still have their phone numbers.

I cleaned and cared for the likes of...
*The Johnson & Johnson Estate ...aka "Lizy" who died 18 months ago.
*The Kellogg Estate
*The John Deere Estate
*Mr. Ziff (2nd largest house in America at the time 65,000 sq. ft.)
*Vanessa Williams
*John McEnroe
*Candice Bergan
*Phil Donahue & Marlo Thomas
* Tom Cruise
* Cher
* Dennis Potvin
* Ron Duguay
* Randy Rassmussen
And more. So when I say TRUST ME, I really do mean it. These people would have thrown me out and sued my pecker off if I screwed up their ultra fine fabrics, or investment textiles. They didn't own any Rooms To Throw shit I can assure you.

And for those who want to know
Vee...aka Vanessa William's was my favorite. A true lovely lady whom I had many conversations with. A real sweetheart. I miss her. The rest were just home owners who usually owed me money.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I am retired now and enough years have passed, so I can now tell of some of the famous people I provided my services for. But I refuse to give out addresses, or any other personal details. Though I could write volumes of tell all books if I so desired. And yes, I still have their phone numbers.

*The Kellogg Estate
*The John Deere Estate
*Vanessa Williams
*John McEnroe
*Candice Bergan
* Tom Cruise
* Cher
* Dennis Potvin
* Ron Duguay
* Randy Rassmussen
And more. So when I say TRUST ME, I really do mean it. These people would have thrown me out and sued my pecker off if I screwed up their ultra fine fabrics, or investment textiles. They didn't own any Rooms To Throw shit I can assure you.

Vee...aka Vanessa William's was my favorite. A true lovely lady whom I had many conversations with. A real sweetheart. I miss her. The rest were just home owners who usually owed me money.
I kleen for quite a few famous people to being close to Notre Dame lot of football Stars and some celebrities that live in this area that are Notre Dame alumnus.
But honestly famous people don't have dirty carpets for the most partand they're just human beings that wants to be treated as so. It's kind of funny the relationships you get we even pick up some of their pets from the airport and hilariously I've been peed on by one of their monkeys. because I'm still operating I can't mention who's who or what's what. One of the particular same as talk show host has me under a gag order. But we're in her estate about once a month doing touch up work.
We were rarely if ever use hwe for any of these customers
But it's great having a truckmount at your disposal if they like it or if they have water.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That is usually my "go to" explanation of hwe vs encap lol..

encap your dirty work shirt for a few months and see how many skin rashes you have

I love encap, but it has its place and imo hwe is king in residential. Too much barefoot oils deep in the carpet, dog/pet messes, etc

In the Seattle area there are more people with dogs than children, so hwe will absolutely always be #1 here. In a dryer region with retirement people and lots of single level homes, sure encap could probably do well in residential.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey

*The Kellogg Estate
*The John Deere Estate
*Vanessa Williams
*John McEnroe
*Candice Bergan
* Tom Cruise
* Cher
* Dennis Potvin
* Ron Duguay
* Randy Rassmussen

I explain VLM vs HWE
Like taking off makeup
Works extra well with the ladies and blokes get it too hahahaha
Put soap on a face washer and rub rub flip it and rub
Then grab a couple of dry face washer towels rub rub flip rub rub, new towel and repeat
Vs soap on a face washing towel rub rub and washed off in the basin or shower....
Having said that @OldCarpetVet I’d kill, buy beer, give first child for your method/training in VLM
I get pretty good results VLM, but I don’t settle for that, I want amazing, knock your socks off like I can with my TM

Last edited: