Encapping a dirty apartment today, photos! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Encapping a dirty apartment today, photos!

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Had to whip out a little red pad action then followed it up with a bonnet finish. came out very nice. Management was going to re-carpet this!

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Last two pics are after sorry lighting was minimal sun was setting. hard to tell but all that gunk black is gone.

Reactions: cleaningservicepros

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Great job!

Have you tried using any cotton/terry or microfiber pads? IMO those pads allow you to pick up even more dirt than fiber pads and traditional bonnets.

Also, just out of curiosity, do you post vac?

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Yes I post vac also I have microfiber pads on board but I like the bonnets with scrub strips better

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Cool.

The microfiber pads I use actually have scrub strips as well.

Check out the terry/cottons sometime.

Yes I post vac also I have microfiber pads on board but I like the bonnets with scrub strips better

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Top class work Joe!

Reactions: Joe Kennedy

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
I wish you were closer. Id love to do a ride a long and learn encapping.

Looks great.

Reactions: Joe Kennedy

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
I have always been afraid to use a fiber pad on plush carpet, will it tip bloom ? What RPM's where you using ?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
I don't want to take the spotlight off of your thread and cause a major conflict, but aren't you paranoid of damaging the plush carpet, just vacuuming and buffing? That plush carpet is SOOO full of thick oils and crap, especially on rentals. How are you comfortable with just encapping? I believe that running a 175 with a cotton pad After HWE is always a plus on jobs like this: but take out the HWE... It's hard for me to comprehend. I feel that would leave so much junk behind.

What do you know that I don't?

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I tend to agree with Matt. Results look great but there is no way in hell you would get down on that floor in a residential setting with your child and watch tv.. That crap needs to be extracted.

Reactions: jeffk734

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Looks great. Same questions though from me. Encapping a trashed apt. is a time killer; for me anyway. I can't charge in the apt market to warrant how long it takes ME. I know it can be done , and it can turn out great. But usually in that market, at least here, all they care about is cheap, and to do it right takes longer with boneting. I THINK, but what do I know!? Enlighten me, Please. (Not being sarcastic at all) I've been attempting it. As for using pads on plush. In the past when I did that I used the beige. The carpet was fine.. It destroyed the pads and left tons of the shredded pads on the carpet. Used a small rotary 175 Recently did a few that did not turn out too well. Used OP and Glads. Trashed residential plush very,very good dense poly. Thick. Hard to even spread the face fibers to get down to the backing. (just to describe what carpet I am describing). Light beige/ cream color. Could not get the darkness from the traffic areas. BP' encap juice. And needed to do a lot of spotting with solvents etc. Only after really hitting it with the OP first to see if they would come out.