Encap with an oreck orbiter ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Encap with an oreck orbiter ?

DakotaG

Dec 20, 2018
Real Name
Dakota Gray
Does anyone else get great results with this ?
I tried it once with one of bonnet pros chems and wasn't impressed..can't remember the name right now...although I do love rocket revite it for hwe I've never tried it for vlm yet.....I do credit my lack of good results with using the orick not the chem itself

Reactions: DrummerTW

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I use a oreck only on spots or when I don’t see the need to drag out large equipment. Example, did an area fragile rug the other day with a orbitor after cleaning carpets. I don’t normally find it to be a piece of equipment that I rely on for large jobs.

Prestigecarpetclean

May 10, 2018
Real Name
Jhon
There's a couple youtube guys ive seen that use it with decent results guy named carpet muscle from texas and paul from washington pro carpets ive only encap with 175 and rx20 pad drive with great results (revive it, and the natural from cd)

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The Oreck is very capable of bonneting, just not with Oreck bonnets lol (although they are good for area rugs). A good cotton bonnet like Ironman bonnets makes a big difference.

Off the shelf it's on the light side, with some weight on it does much better. I added a 4 gallon tank (only fill up to 2½ gallons), pump and sprayer tip on the front of mine, in residential it's really great. With continuous cleaning and no need to stop and spray ahead with a pump up it offsets some of the production of larger diameter machines.

We use the same setup for scrubbing carpet with a blue or green brush or green or red pads. Putting the prespray in the tank and spraying it as you scrub saves time combining 2 steps and wouldn't want to clean without one.

This post will get torn apart by many here like normal, but IDGAF because I know what it does for me. At just 43 lbs dry you never hesitate to bring it in and in areas navigating around furniture it's very productive.

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
I use a number of different bonnets and brushes I've purchased over the years and they thankfully turn out really well.. i always use premium chems from day one i just never ask if anyone else did as well which prompted this post

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
You can get good results from a good encap and a microfiber but we have to figure out if it’s practical

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
The Oreck is very capable of bonneting, just not with Oreck bonnets lol (although they are good for area rugs). A good cotton bonnet like Ironman bonnets makes a big difference.

Off the shelf it's on the light side, with some weight on it does much better. I added a 4 gallon tank (only fill up to 2½ gallons), pump and sprayer tip on the front of mine, in residential it's really great. With continuous cleaning and no need to stop and spray ahead with a pump up it offsets some of the production of larger diameter machines.

We use the same setup for scrubbing carpet with a blue or green brush or green or red pads. Putting the prespray in the tank and spraying it as you scrub saves time combining 2 steps and wouldn't want to clean without one.

This post will get torn apart by many here like normal, but IDGAF because I know what it does for me. At just 43 lbs dry you never hesitate to bring it in and in areas navigating around furniture it's very productive.
Adding the on board sprayer makes it worth it especially in the tight areas. Stairs is where I mostly use ours . Bonnet cleaning or prespray before HWE.
However the old Clarke 175 at 60lbs does a great job if a 2nd man is spraying ahead for HWE. Ditto for the Mytee Lite and VLM.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ive had good luck with these. They dont go far though. But they pick up soil well. Easy on washmachine too. Just you need a lot of them. Btw you dont flip these. Once used one side toss it in a bag and grab another. I wouldnt do more then a small room with it. Or steps/landings. Its great for that or even a problem spot wicking on you. Any more then one room may as well grab the heavy weight and go to town.