Encap vs HWE on CGD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
The hwe had 6 scoops of flex in a hydroforce followed by my rx-20. The encap is TMF encap all in my cimex w/ beige pads

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums
Yeah today I used Flex and Revive It side by side. Could not tell the difference they both cleaned up so well.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Yeah today I used Flex and Revive It side by side. Could not tell the difference they both cleaned up so well.

There was a significant difference at my place side by side. It hadn't been cleaned in years because the last guys left it wet for 3 days and it smelled like mildew. That's why I did the free demo to show 1hr dry time with hwe and 15m dry time with encap. Of the chemicals I have tried so far encap all has kicked butt.

Bexiesbruv

Premium VIP
Oct 24, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Beckwith
I just saw this thread which is coincidental as I was out quoting a vinyl floor strip/wax and offered a quote to clean their carpet as well as it "looks like its not been done in a while".
Yes she said, we thought that too but it was done just two weeks ago, by truck mount.
I am going to OP demo the highest traffic area next week.

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I just saw this thread which is coincidental as I was out quoting a vinyl floor strip/wax and offered a quote to clean their carpet as well as it "looks like its not been done in a while".
Yes she said, we thought that too but it was done just two weeks ago, by truck mount.
I am going to OP demo the highest traffic area next week.
Nice! Always a lucky break when you can do a follow up clean on something a couple weeks later. Love those gigs.

May 15, 2014
connecticut
www.facebook.com
Real Name
matt shirley
Business Location
United States
After you encap, are you using fans? I get the carpet dry, use the grooming brush, and then vacuum, remember, the crystallized encapsulated soil is still there until it's dried and vacuumed
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1400200779.928342.jpg
left side done the way I described, right side HWE for comparison, the hotel chose encap. Knocked the time in half also.

May 7, 2014
São Paulo Brasil
www.cleancarpet.com.br
Real Name
Peter Edelstein
Business Location
Brazil
We only do commercial, the average is 10000 soft going up to 53000 soft.
In my mind I think that a good brush pro associated with a good vac, pre spray with brush pro again and a pass with hot water on rotovac and portables do a great job.
My dilema is the time it takes to do it, the man power I need, the time it takes to dry and the little value customers give to quality put me to think if even encap does a lesser job still is worth the try.

Gregory Allen

Jul 4, 2013
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
We ONLY bonnet clean encap on commercial carpets with BonnetPro Ultra and have never had a complaint. Quick east money and happy clients. We haven't dine restaurants so I am sure we would need HWE for greasy carpet, but for all other kinds of commercial carpet, what we do is working well with no ™ usage or fuel, far less set up and no real clean up afterwards.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
I haven't done the encap yet. But I feel like if you use bonnets with the scrub strips to brush in the encap using a 175 you are scrubbing, extracting, and "drying" (partially drying) in one step. The whatever is left will encap the remaining soil. If you are doing the account regularly enough I feel like that should be the best route to go. You just need to make sure you have enough bonnets to cover the area and keep switching them to clean ones as they get soiled. I am anxious to try out my first encap job, I just need to find the right account. I am going to check on an account I think I lost. I lost is based on nonsense. But thats another story, I think going in with encap prices will win them over quickly.

fboet

Aug 24, 2006
Miami, Fl.
Real Name
Frank Boet
Business Location
United States
I have hwe with excellent results, but it doesn't work in all applications. I have encapped on some jobs and the soil laughed at me and had to hwe. So I need both tools in the tool box. Btw, I have been using Cobb's encap juice and it is awesome.

Wec

Jul 31, 2012
Real Name
dustin denton
In my mind I think that a good brush pro associated with a good vac, pre spray with brush pro again and a pass with hot water on rotovac and portables do a great job.
My dilema is the time it takes to do it, the man power I need, the time it takes to dry and the little value customers give to quality put me to think if even encap does a lesser job still is worth the try.
For appearance sake encapsulated is way better the hwe on most gdc does better with encap and it says cleaner looking longer than hwe we just been using the cymax with brushes and bonnet pro encap juice

Sent from my SM-N900V using TMF Forums mobile app

Jun 18, 2008
Winchester, Ky
Real Name
John Geurkink
Business Location
United States
Build up of debris. Whatever is left behind through the encap process.
We have the Jif peanut butter plant that is going on 10 years of straight encap, done monthly, tons of peanut oil, never any build up, plus they couldn't get any carpet to even last 5 years before we started the encapping. So HOW you encap makes a huge difference.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
We have the Jif peanut butter plant that is going on 10 years of straight encap, done monthly, tons of peanut oil, never any build up, plus they couldn't get any carpet to even last 5 years before we started the encapping. So HOW you encap makes a huge difference.
What is your process?

Jun 18, 2008
Winchester, Ky
Real Name
John Geurkink
Business Location
United States
We vac, run the Trinity Rock over the carpet (sprayer onboard) with a microfiber pad using PadCapPro.
Then post vac. the job is about 1760.00 a month and it takes under 4 hours.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Something not mentioned in the thread above is the ability that a 300 rpm rotary using a polyester pad has to shine the dull fibers on a worn commercial gluedown carpet. It has a restorative potential that customers really appreciate.
I often hear: "I didn't expect you could make it look new again".
A dual speed rotary utilizing an effective encap cleaner , sometimes boosted with an oxidizer, can produce amazing results.

Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
From my little experience. Sometimes you just need more passes. no need to vacuum in between. vac fist and last. better if bone dry. This is what I just did...The last pass was light and we spotted as we went. Also looked for uneven areas. You will have to use a bonnet to absorb some up if you want more immediate results or soil is medium to heavy. Also scrubbing pads will make more contact than a brush. We used the dirt napper so has brush and pad. I am hoping I get one that we can just run a absorbent pad on the dirt napper and be done. hasn't happened yet. still need something behind it. But I am most likely over doing it right now. Just used to TM rinsing and done.

May 7, 2014
São Paulo Brasil
www.cleancarpet.com.br
Real Name
Peter Edelstein
Business Location
Brazil
About the encap product I wonder what would be the reviews about the Encapuclean from Bridgepoint. I see a lot of reviews for the DS2 from Release it but nothing about Encapuclean... Wonder why since Encapuclean is Shaw certified and all... Any comments on that?