Encap vs HWE on CGD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Take a look at the Whittaker Trio if you're interested in a CRB only encap unit. I have a BrushEncap (CCA machine, same as the BrushPro). It works awesome as an accessory to cleaning (follow with OP or HWE), but not as a stand alone unless it's a well maintained maintenance cleaning.

The Cimex has way more head weight as compared to the more popular CRB's. The Trio on the other hand has almost twice the head weight as conventional CRB's plus it's a three brush unit.

I know two cleaners using the Trio they love it and switched from the Cimex primarily and now as a backup.

Still, nobody regrets buying a Cimex. Ever.

Ant opinions on Cimex vs CRB type? Trying to make intelligent decision between both. I have a 175.

cleaningservicepros

Pssst....I'm a dirt swirler
Jan 18, 2010
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
Have you tried an OP yet, Rob? You might find it to be a practical interim method for your encap only accounts.

The absorbent pads pick up a lot of soil.

I have both Mike. Love them both for different reasons though. For flat out encapping either a Bonnet Pro or a Cimex. For deep vac and scrub the Brush Pro. Hard to compare because 2 different animals. John at Bonnet Pro may have the best of both worlds but I have not seen it up close. But many have raved.

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I have seen the Cimex in action, if you get the chance to try one out that is the route I would go if you are seriously looking into building commercial accounts. With the Cimex you just fill the tank with encap mix and it will drop the mix and scrub it in as you walk behind it. It is the fastest and most efficient encap machine I have ever seen.
Sorry it took me so long to post the pics Todd...

Apr 4, 2014
Real Name
Jeremy Walker
A 175 rotary just can't move at the same speed as the planetary brush unit. I feel production would be about 1/2 but cleaning be close call either way. I would ask @Scott W or @shane deubell for brush,pad and tank suggestions.
I use a dual speed floor machine and encap on high speed and it produces wonderful results! you have to keep it wet though and it's not for the faint of heart!

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
Couple of questions: Is encap best for carpet squares, and what is the best cut off for utilizing encap over hwe

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If I was to do it all over I'd buy a Cimex and brush pro and no truckmount. Eliminate gas expense, van and machine payment, easier labor and more money per hour!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app
Interesting Scott. I feel having a box truck,with truck mount,Cimex,rotary tool and a Brush Pro is the perfect setup.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Couple of questions: Is encap best for carpet squares, and what is the best cut off for utilizing encap over hwe
90% of carpet tiles (squares) in our area are Nylon. They are great and respond well to Encap.

What do you mean by "cut-off"? @MPR

MPR

Mar 10, 2014
Illinois
Real Name
Mike Raimer
Business Location
United States
Interesting Scott. I feel having a box truck,with truck mount,Cimex,rotary tool and a Brush Pro is the perfect setup.
The cut off that I was referring to is the point at which you use HWE over encap. I have several commercial accounts I have been bidding that I believe that encap would work well on, but the traffic lanes are very dirty. Will the system work here? What is the "cut off" point to switch from one to the other. Also, what are you charging for encap. Are you basing off commercial price or trying to reduce sq ft charge for the process? Thanks, Mike

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

brentnorman

Sep 6, 2013
Pine River, MN
www.optimumcleaning.net
Real Name
Brent Norman
I did 4 hallways like this today and 2 commons areas.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1400108199.019752.jpg

I like to call it the Green Mile.
3 of the halls I encapped. This one and one commons area I HWE because it was real dirty. I then put my fan on them and dried. The HWE area browned in a few spots so I encapped them.
Looks and smells fantastic.
I'm digging encap!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
Encap has it's place. This is a demo from last week. Hwe on left, encap on right. They chose hwe and some vct strip and wax. 5k in two nights.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums