Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Really depends on the situation..
Monday we have 2 commercial jobs

1. 3rd floor light traffic medical office = encap

2. 1st floor greasy, oil industrial office = scrub with cimex, add citrus and HWE.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States

2. 1st floor greasy, oil industrial office = scrub with cimex, add citrus and HWE.
And all will APPEAR to look great !:p
JK

Reactions: rob allen

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States

Your First floor, will you use an encap juice? or just scrub in your prespray?

and your rinse, what is process, do you use an acid? or is there encap properties in your solution?

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
And all will APPEAR to look great !:p
JK
Jim your photo above showing the clear line between the two processes.

I don't think the commercial account will care, being that appearances are what matter. What they do not want is wicking, or it to look like crap in a month. An even state of affairs is what most will live by. No spots, no unevenness. Even the defining line that you shown in pictures, most custys would not even think about it let alone notice it. And if you had a critical customer, you could always explain it away. Location is critical. Too far for a hose run, time constraint, etc.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Your First floor, will you use an encap juice? or just scrub in your prespray?

and your rinse, what is process, do you use an acid? or is there encap properties in your solution?
Right now we would use grand slam, add citrus and rinse with acid rinse.

BUT i am testing some endzone rinse from interlink, its an acid rinse with some encap.
Ask me in a month if we like it. PM though, if i really like it then i will keep it to myself :p.

Also going to test out flex in the cimex.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Right now we would use grand slam, add citrus and rinse with acid rinse.

BUT i am testing some endzone rinse from interlink, its an acid rinse with some encap.
Ask me in a month if we like it. PM though, if i really like it then i will keep it to myself :p.

Also going to test out flex in the cimex.
I tried out the grand slam no scent. Did not like it. Foamed up and had a scent...more of a chemical scent. Made me cough when it was atomized coming from the HF. It got dumped in my auto scrubber. Cleaned up the greasy concrete real nice.

I still need to try the endzone again. I don't think I used it properly when I first got it years ago.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Jim your photo above showing the clear line between the two processes.

I don't think the commercial account will care, being that appearances are what matter. What they do not want is wicking, or it to look like crap in a month. An even state of affairs is what most will live by. No spots, no unevenness. Even the defining line that you shown in pictures, most custys would not even think about it let alone notice it. And if you had a critical customer, you could always explain it away. Location is critical. Too far for a hose run, time constraint, etc.
This was actually a experiment to reduce man hours. Yes I could have let it be. We now separate the 2 process's at transitions such as doorways/halls.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Do you have experience with both?
I have both Mike. Love them both for different reasons though. For flat out encapping either a Bonnet Pro or a Cimex. For deep vac and scrub the Brush Pro. Hard to compare because 2 different animals. John at Bonnet Pro may have the best of both worlds but I have not seen it up close. But many have raved.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have both Mike. Love them both for different reasons though. For flat out encapping either a Bonnet Pro or a Cimex. For deep vac and scrub the Brush Pro. Hard to compare because 2 different animals. John at Bonnet Pro may have the best of both worlds but I have not seen it up close. But many have raved.
What brush would be best for Encapping with 175/tank and do you think its a big drop off from cimex?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What brush would be best for Encapping with 175/tank and do you think its a big drop off from cimex?
A 175 rotary just can't move at the same speed as the planetary brush unit. I feel production would be about 1/2 but cleaning be close call either way. I would ask @Scott W or @shane deubell for brush,pad and tank suggestions.

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I have been using Atomic by magicwand and the stuff is amazing. I just encapped a beat up apartment white cut pile carpet with a crb.. I was floored how well it came out, I have been encapping more and more residential carpets with great success. If you guys haven't tried atomic then u should order some, its a powdered peroxide based for about $70 and will do around 20,000 sq ft. it's even a great prespray for when I do hwe.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Jeremy Walker

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Good intel. Thanks
Oh and your back will thank you Mike. I cleaned/encapped probably 5000 feet of CGD yesterday and did not break a sweat or feel any soreness besides my callouses on hands from not cleaning in a while.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Oh and your back will thank you Mike. I cleaned/encapped probably 5000 feet of CGD yesterday and did not break a sweat or feel any soreness besides my callouses on hands from not cleaning in a while.
Between steady help and rotary cleaning , I haven't had many back issues in 2013 but I'm looking forward to doing Encap on a couple of my commercial 'regulars'.

Reactions: rob allen

Cleaning Concierge

Jul 13, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Real Name
Barrett Wiley
Business Location
United States
Rob, I know what you mean. Before I received my cimex I cleaned 10 floors of hotel hallways. I felt like I was on my 5th day of 2 a days football practice. Did the same job with the cimex, the hardest part was loading and unloading of the cimex.

I will only use the 175 to encap if it is a small office and unloading the cimex will be more work than doing the job or I want to add another machine to finish a big job faster.

I let new techs start on the cimex to get a feel for encap and how much solution to dispense. Then they get trained on the 175 on CGD in a WIDE open area ONLY!!! My guys fight over the cimex.

I float with the 175 now due to experience. It is best to walk with it sideways in straight lines.

Man, it is nice to have the right tools at your disposal.

For encap on CGD, pads are better. I like the fiber plus pad from excellent supply. Get the tan and grey pads. I would recommend using the tan pads if you are using a 175. The grey pads are more aggressive and will be a bit harder to work with using a 175 initially. You can use a white pad or red pads as well. Just be sure to wet the pad before starting your machine whether it is a cimex or 175.

Get a shower tank from unoclean or ebay or local supplier.

The drop off is in production between a cimex andd 175. The results are usually based on the operator and general condition of the carpet.

Last edited:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
For encap commercial, cimex is king.

Faster, easier on your body and cleans better. Prefer scrub pads for encap and bring bonnet pads just in case they need a another pass.

Brushes are fine for scrubbing before extraction, we wouldn't in a straight encap situation.