Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I did a commercial job today that was several 1000's sq feet. I was on a time constraint and low on manpower. I went and helped out. I had one tech at one end of the building using a truck mount and myself and another doing encapsulation. I took a pic of each and will go back 1 week later and take 2 more pics. Then do it again 30 days later. Lastly go do it at the regular 90 day cleaning interim. Here are the pics. I think I know who the winner will be but lets' see. Any takers on the who will win?

EncapvsHWECGD1_zps2fc6bf83.jpg

encapvshwecgd2_zps539c40f3.jpg
Past months we have been doing the same start at one end with HWE and Encap or VLM at the other. ALWAYS a noticeable difference at time of cleaning where the 2 processes meet. Below pic.

VLM 028.jpg

Above is a example where the carpets HAVE NOT been cleaned in years (new client).
vlm-008-jpg.23681

http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/vlm-not-here-pics.49989/
Other commercial accounts that have been previously cleaned using HWE Encap/VLM works great .
Combining the process's can be a great time saver.
Regular account Rob ? Looks as though it has not been regularly maintained.

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
Here's an encap question... Let's say you only have a simple 175.... Do you scrub with one brush/pad and always go back over with a cotton or nylon bonnet??? Is there anyone that only scrubs in the encap juice and walks away?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Past months we have been doing the same start at one end with HWE and Encap or VLM at the other. ALWAYS a noticeable difference at time of cleaning where the 2 processes meet. Below pic...

http://www.truckmountforums.com/threads/vlm-not-here-pics.49989/
Other commercial accounts that have been previously cleaned using HWE Encap/VLM works great .
Combining the process's can be a great time saver.
Regular account Rob ? Looks as though it has not been regularly maintained.

Yes a very regular account. I don't know who the jan company is but they stink. They have us clean the carpets every 90 days. HWE makes it look good by the warehouse and in that mail room in the encap pic. But it wicks faster than a paper towel no matter what we do. Encap and run looks great for 90 days.

Up front where the desks are not too bad so had him HWE that.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Here's an encap question... Let's say you only have a simple 175.... Do you scrub with one brush/pad and always go back over with a cotton or nylon bonnet??? Is there anyone that only scrubs in the encap juice and walks away?
175 scrub with encap juice - collect check . Yes on some accounts.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
That's how I was first told to do it.

I use a 175 and I don't go over it twice, I either use a white or red pad to scrub in the encap mix or I will use a bonnet.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Most "scrub & run". Guilty of it myself depending on the account. With a good prevac,encap scrub with 175,bonnet and then dry and vac is most ideal. The problem is getting an account to commit to the funds necessary to cover the time required.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Yes a very regular account. I don't know who the jan company is but they stink. They have us clean the carpets every 90 days. HWE makes it look good by the warehouse and in that mail room in the encap pic. But it wicks faster than a paper towel no matter what we do. Encap and run looks great for 90 days.

Up front where the desks are not too bad so had him HWE that.
Kinda what I thought. Lawyers building we have same way. After HWE numerous times Encap proved to be best .
Not one process you/we should have both on the truck.

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
That's how I was first told to do it.

I use a 175 and I don't go over it twice, I either use a white or red pad to scrub in the encap mix or I will use a bonnet.

You either scrub or bonnet?... I always thought you had to bonnet after scrubbing to remove a little extra soil.... Or is this just wasting time?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
You either scrub or bonnet?... I always thought you had to bonnet after scrubbing to remove a little extra soil.... Or is this just wasting time?

In some cases it will be beneficial to do both. I have not done a whole lot of encap so I am probably not the best to be giving advise. On the encap jobs I have done most of them have been on CGD carpet that were so bad that a Truckmount could not get it to look real good. I have gone over the carpet using encap and a 175 with either a pad or a bonnet and it seems to work good.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Most "scrub & run". Guilty of it myself depending on the account. With a good prevac,encap scrub with 175,bonnet and then dry and vac is most ideal. The problem is getting an account to commit to the funds necessary to cover the time required.
This is the rub for me. Time. I don't save any using VLM over hwe. It was SOLD to me as such back in the day. But after getting the TM, I know better. IF you aren't getting the same amount for VLM as you would hwe....I would suggest you should.

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
In some cases it will be beneficial to do both. I have not done a whole lot of encap so I am probably not the best to be giving advise. On the encap jobs I have done most of them have been on CGD carpet that were so bad that a Truckmount could not get it to look real good. I have gone over the carpet using encap and a 175 with either a pad or a bonnet and it seems to work good.

I see... I really want to try it... I would like to get set up so I could market myself to businesses that a TM is not practical...

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Ask @Ryankettering His process is complete in my opinion.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
This is the rub for me. Time. I don't save any using VLM over hwe. It was SOLD to me as such back in the day. But after getting the TM, I know better. IF you aren't getting the same amount for VLM as you would hwe....I would suggest you should.
Residential-yes. Commercial-no. You can reason with a residential client but you can't reason with a property manager with a corporate set budget. VLM or lose that prospect. Yesterday I made enough to buy a Cimex and left the client satisfied. Sadly Robert,sometimes we are in the "appearance" business not the "cleaning" business. Adaptation only option in some cases.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I see... I really want to try it... I would like to get set up so I could market myself to businesses that a TM is not practical...

I have seen the Cimex in action, if you get the chance to try one out that is the route I would go if you are seriously looking into building commercial accounts. With the Cimex you just fill the tank with encap mix and it will drop the mix and scrub it in as you walk behind it. It is the fastest and most efficient encap machine I have ever seen.

Maybe Jeff @Blacktiedetailing can post some of his pictures from his Cimex jobs.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Alarming or Sad what you pick up on a clean white bonnet after HWE. On the other hand shocking/sad what filth you can pick up after Encap / vacuuming a week later with HWE.

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Light mist or heavy? Groom in?
Neither for me. I really had not the need to do encap process after HWE. If you do both, I sure hope you are getting paid for it.

What I was referring to was my 5 gal jug of rinse at the TM contained encapugard green plus my acid chem mixed in. SO I am getting encap benefits with my HWE method without doing the vlm encap process after the hwe. To me this makes sense. Better living through better chemistry. lol

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Alarming or Sad what you pick up on a clean white bonnet after HWE. On the other hand shocking/sad what filth you can pick up after Encap / vacuuming a week later with HWE.

I know. I hate CGD for this very reason. It seems no matter what you do you never can get it 100% clean.

Reactions: Troyster

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I have seen the Cimex in action, if you get the chance to try one out that is the route I would go if you are seriously looking into building commercial accounts. With the Cimex you just fill the tank with encap mix and it will drop the mix and scrub it in as you walk behind it. It is the fastest and most efficient encap machine I have ever seen.

Maybe Jeff @Blacktiedetailing can post some of his pictures from his Cimex jobs.
Cimex will reduce your overhead .

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Residential-yes. Commercial-no. You can reason with a residential client but you can't reason with a property manager with a corporate set budget. VLM or lose that prospect. Yesterday I made enough to buy a Cimex and left the client satisfied. Sadly Robert,sometimes we are in the "appearance" business not the "cleaning" business. Adaptation only option in some cases.
Yes it is sad. I have an account that spent millions to add on to their building several years ago. What they forgot was how to properly maintain it. They planned no budget for maintenance. So sad to see brand new carpet and vct go to crap. Makes no sense. I stopped giving out my services there long ago. I can't reason with them. Their hands are tied, they say.

But I know appearances are skin deep. You know after hwe a carpet that has been neglected, encapped too many times, poorly cleaned that leaves debris behind; the carpet pops, your waste tank needs defoamer and finally the carpet can breathe again. This is my opinion. This is my experience. This is what I saw. I am not knocking the encap process, it works; but it has limitations. HWE does too. But not as many in terms of cleaning capability. I do encap, when it is convenient for me....such as the restricted location.

Reactions: Jimsteam

Gasoline

Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
We are going to be doing encap next week for the first time, the build up and debris should be from not having the carpet properly vacuumed after, right? or could it be from not using a good product? My guess would be one or both.
You have the right chems and machine. I have never used the brush pro as a stand alone encap machine... for that process. I guess it would depend on the condition of the carpet, type of soil present on whether it would be a good stand alone choice. As a pre scrubber for lifting dry material or scrubbing in pre spray before hwe, sure go to town all day with that. As for exclusively for encap, I don't know, it would have to depend on the situation.

Build up of debris means what ever is left over from the previous cleaning be it hwe or encap. Dry debris from not being vacuumed well. Sticky debris from soap or detergent left behind, mixed with dry debris, smashed into the fibers.

Reactions: aloha one