Encap vs HWE on CGD

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I did a commercial job today that was several 1000's sq feet. I was on a time constraint and low on manpower. I went and helped out. I had one tech at one end of the building using a truck mount and myself and another doing encapsulation. I took a pic of each and will go back 1 week later and take 2 more pics. Then do it again 30 days later. Lastly go do it at the regular 90 day cleaning interim. Here are the pics. I think I know who the winner will be but lets' see. Any takers on the who will win?

ScottMiller

Nov 4, 2012
Real Name
Scott miller
If I was to do it all over I'd buy a Cimex and brush pro and no truckmount. Eliminate gas expense, van and machine payment, easier labor and more money per hour!

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If I was to do it all over I'd buy a Cimex and brush pro and no truckmount. Eliminate gas expense, van and machine payment, easier labor and more money per hour!

Just for the record we pre-vacuumed with the Brush Pro.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
On well maintained CGD carpet the truckmount seems to do just fine but I have noticed on dirtier more neglected CGD carpet HWE seems to have it's limits and a HWE / Encap combo seems to work best.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I just finished a hwe cgd job. Came out real nice. I know what encap does and has done in this account. Been doing it for years. I'll stick to hwe.

Acid rinse with encapuguard green. So yeah, I guess I used both methods. Lol.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Aug 23, 2008
San Diego, CA.
Real Name
Lance Cochran
This is a perfect example of what is needed for cgd. The hwe side looks darker, hence cleaner but also not even. The cimex side looks very even but not as clean.

Now what if you hwe and then encap with the cimex? It will be clean and even. Or better yet OP with a glad pad after you hwe. If you do that you are picking up extra dirt if any is there and you can also use an encap at the same time. Also, you don't have to hwe as slow because you have encap coming behind and you can encap/OP faster because you already cleaned with hwe. Especially true if you have a really good TM and a Trinity op machine. I think those two were made for each other on very dirty cgd.

Dec 19, 2013
Anchorage, AK
www.grdcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Will Chaney
Business Location
United States
Build up of debris. Whatever is left behind through the encap process.
We are going to be doing encap next week for the first time, the build up and debris should be from not having the carpet properly vacuumed after, right? or could it be from not using a good product? My guess would be one or both.

May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
We are going to be doing encap next week for the first time, the build up and debris should be from not having the carpet properly vacuumed after, right? or could it be from not using a good product? My guess would be one or both.
What cleaning product and machine are you going to use for encap?

May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme

You don't want to be a one trick pony, plus encap does have its limitations. Raising your prices is a good way to help cover expenses.

ScottMiller

Nov 4, 2012
Real Name
Scott miller
I'm not saying a one trick pony... But if carpets are encapped properly, on a maintenance schedule and vacuumed properly, hot water extraction can be put off for a long time.