Encap residential dog urine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ant92ford

Oct 14, 2014
Real Name
Anthony Hammond
Just wanted to check back in and let everyone know the results.

First off these were very small dogs, I used encap punch peroxide base juice. Normal dilution. Agitated with a microfiber pad and picked up with a cotton pad. Worked fantastic. No smell afterwards. Friend text me a few days after telling me thanks and that it was still fine.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Interesting. Guess urine encap can be accomplished but on a limited basis?
I'm having success with it but I'm not overselling the end result. I don't offer a one time cure all for pet issues. I don't think one exist. That includes using HWE and a claw. Some carpets/pads and subfloors are too far gone to save. Raised foundations , upstairs carpets areas are risky with a flush.

I have some regular customers that have ongoing pet issues. Replacing the carpet isn't the answer because the pet's still there. They have their carpets cleaned more regularly. I get to experiment some as well. I've added some premium level service at a very low price because I need to try something different.

I still do recommend HWE on most of them but not as the first step on all jobs:cool:. Hear me out...There's a lot to be said about not hydrating dormant urine. Wicking issues almost don't exist when using an encap. I'm using a lower ph encap with peroxide and appropriate spotters, agitated with trays off and on with my crb. Then OP. Done! If the smells come back we will be able to find the problem areas far easier. I won't necessarily have to treat entire rooms and that can save you money...

Short term or long term I offer you the second best option to replacement. I offer a program suited just for you. No contracts but I will need you as an active participant to make this work and save you money and me time.

Some of these customers aren't pigs but they have an aging pet. If they are just lazy pigs that don't mind living in filth I probably will pass on the job by quoting a price too high and push for replacement over restoration. That's not my target customer. Many of mine have their carpets done 3-4 times a month.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Why not keep a heated Spotter for doing sub surface pad extraction?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Why not keep a heated Spotter for doing sub surface pad extraction?
I'm not certain what you mean by "heated spotter"...but I use a claw as well with normal pad flush. I don't go straight to a flush method. I leave it as a last resort. Because a good portion that require a pad flush should be replaced in my opinion. It's a tool in my drawer that I use when needed.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I'm having success with it but I'm not overselling the end result. I don't offer a one time cure all for pet issues. I don't think one exist. That includes using HWE and a claw. Some carpets/pads and subfloors are too far gone to save. Raised foundations , upstairs carpets areas are risky with a flush.

I have some regular customers that have ongoing pet issues. Replacing the carpet isn't the answer because the pet's still there. They have their carpets cleaned more regularly. I get to experiment some as well. I've added some premium level service at a very low price because I need to try something different.

I still do recommend HWE on most of them but not as the first step on all jobs:cool:. Hear me out...There's a lot to be said about not hydrating dormant urine. Wicking issues almost don't exist when using an encap. I'm using a lower ph encap with peroxide and appropriate spotters, agitated with trays off and on with my crb. Then OP. Done! If the smells come back we will be able to find the problem areas far easier. I won't necessarily have to treat entire rooms and that can save you money...

Short term or long term I offer you the second best option to replacement. I offer a program suited just for you. No contracts but I will need you as an active participant to make this work and save you money and me time.

Some of these customers aren't pigs but they have an aging pet. If they are just lazy pigs that don't mind living in filth I probably will pass on the job by quoting a price too high and push for replacement over restoration. That's not my target customer. Many of mine have their carpets done 3-4 times a month.
That should have read many of my customers have their carpets cleaned 3-4 times a year not a month...