Encap question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
Just got robs supercap. I have not really done much on this type of cleaning. Can I just use a 175 and red pad or do I have to use a pad to absorb it? I was hoping I could find a video about this product but couldn’t find any. Appreciate the feed back.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You can use fiber pad. But you will be relying on the chemical to encap and remove soil on its own. With bonnets they remove most of the soil and encap dries to be removed by vacuum later. I suggest vacuuming the hell out of the carpet if using it in that way.

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
Ahhh I see. I have bonnets with the green strip but they don’t absorb much. Sounds like I will need to pick me up some better absorbing bonnets.

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ive used the green stripe. They are not great but better then nothing. And will pick up some soil but no where near what cotton lifts. You want the cotton bonnets.

And just watch how much solution you put down. Too much leaves the carpet wet and just like hot water extraction will wick on you regardless of the polymers. Think of it as top down. Better to hit it go over it then hit it again and go over it. Then soak it down right off the bat and attempt to remove in one swipe as with a wand. I dont have Robs stuff. See if there are instructions to mix as a spotter. I like doing that and keeping it in a spray bottle hung from my shampoo tank for the stubborn spots i come across. While my pump sprayer has normal dillution for overall carpet cleaning.

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I did see it had directions to mix as a spotter. Good advise I will do that. Thank you.

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
This whole world of encap just excites me..Friday I clean 6000 SF. of church ( red ) carpet, and it already looks good, but It's 10 years old and they want it done.

I ordered Bonnet Pro pads, and some of their product, and tested it...Nice, smells nice all so...I cleaned up the old ( 1983 ) 175, and will hit it.
At the same time, my middle son will be doing 700 LF. of (seat) pews, that are red and look good all ready...LOL

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
Wish I would have snapped some picture but I didn’t. I cleaned a passenger van yesterday that was real dirty. After it dried up a couple of areas looked a little brown on the floor board so I mixed up some of robs stuff as a spotter in a spray bottle. Sprayed it down and wiped it down with a rag and it came out beautiful!!