Encap ( low moisture ) Residential Cleaning

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia
Do you have a drill? If you do get some brushes and a Velcro backer pad from drillbrush.com for now. It will do the same thing except it is only like $16 per brush so it's a lot less expensive
Hope you have a good strong back.

The Hot Rod is a handle that you can buy to may your own polisher/angle grinder more useful ergonomic.

It's for those of us that have already decided that being on your knees or bending over using the polishers is not ergonomic nor professional.

We used to use just the motor and that's why we made the Hot Rod.

Huge difference.
Also use it for sofas

Floors

Tile

Open Areas

The main point is to avoid excessive bending or carrying of big machines into tight residential situations.

By the way. Drill Brush is now a distributor of the Hot Rod.

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia
Do you have a drill? If you do get some brushes and a Velcro backer pad from drillbrush.com for now. It will do the same thing except it is only like $16 per brush so it's a lot less expensive
Available on this website in the TMF store.

It's a very versatile tool.

Tom Ingram

Premium VIP
Jan 17, 2013
Lexington, KY
Real Name
Tom Ingram
Business Location
United States
No, it's been called stupid a lot on the boards... Right after ICE last year for sure. Now however a lot of those guys that said it was stupid have purchased one and seem to really like them.

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia
No, it's been called stuis the oid a lot on the boards... Right after ICE last year for sure. Now however a lot of those guys that said it was stupid have purchased one and seem to really like them.
Yes but that version the "Basic" was stupid compared to the one we are talking about now
But yes I stand corrected the first generation took a lot of knocks.

It's evolved

BioSteam

What a Joke !!!
May 20, 2014
Lexington
Real Name
Jason J Calcaterra
Business Location
United States
Ok guys I have cleaned over 10 houses this week with a 175 and encapuclean o2. And A bonnett. IMO it worked well, the vac away products worked best for me after the post vac it looked great. Happy Customers all week

BioSteam

What a Joke !!!
May 20, 2014
Lexington
Real Name
Jason J Calcaterra
Business Location
United States
It's been call "Sick" many times but never "stupid".

The Hot Rod (all models) will be at the ICE show at the end of January if you would like to develop a more informed opinion.
I apologize for my statement it was uncalled for.
With that being said it just seems like a 175 would be a better option. Then again i have never used the Hotrod

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia
I apologize for my statement it was uncalled for.
With that being said it just seems like a 175 would be a better option. Then again i have never used the Hotrod
No problem.

We use 175 machines in our business and probably always will.

We use the Hot Rod elsewhere.

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
No problem.

We use 175 machines in our business and probably always will.

We use the Hot Rod elsewhere.
Does a machine of this versitility require "head weight" as they say to lets say: get into grout valleys, get ground in soils during encap/HWE...etc?

works great for stairs as a scrubber.

how much does it retail for?

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia
Does a machine of this versitility require "head weight" as they say to lets say: get into grout valleys, get ground in soils during encap/HWE...etc?

For most jobs "head weights" are not needed but we do have a very simple weighting option. I will post a video on that very shortly.

The Hot Rod is available on this site in the TMF store and sells for $319.

Thanks for the questions.

SixShooter

Feb 22, 2014
Real Name
Bill Sabia

Here's a picture with weights mounted. It's very clean and simple to add them
Weights_1.jpg

Apr 3, 2015
Real Name
peter ruggeri
hey stevie bs :bigsmiley:

just open your eyes and actually try "encrap", you might actually like it

i laughed @ it my self years ago thinking how can a few thousand dollar pos out clean my mighty truckmount !!! how?!

well fast forward to the point where i sold my tm :AddEmoticons0423:

You guys are too funny with your analogies.

Answer this question; Why do you feel like you should encap in a residential setting?
What benefit does the CUSTOMER receive?
Do you REALLY feel like encap is the BEST you can do for that customer?

Kirby/Rainbow can sell an encrap machine to homeowners and they can do THE SAME QUALITY JOB THAT YOU CAN!!!

Anybody can drive an automatic!

why shouldn't i use it in a res setting? it does a fantastic job, all be it in some situations hwe might be a bit faster, but thats it...it can easily get the same results you can ! Add a steamin demon to your arsenal and you can handle any situation !

i spent quite a while proving this system to my self ! before even thinking of getting rid of the TM

i dont blame John G (padman) for not posting as heavily as he once did, the constant attacks from people like you just make a guy get to the point where its no longer worth posting lol haha if he did tho, you would be in for a real treat !

you claim you remove 90-95% eh stevie..( LOL ) ok in a perfect world if you did ..your still leaving a bunch of chemical in the carpet, and since you dont use a rinse... a breading ground for resoiling !

(by the way, did you know they make encap HWE products now??)

where as encap, whatever you dont remove via padding, its just a posative residue, simply crystalizing and vacing away!..ive tested it, if you use a high quality chem you actually remove allot

now you dont have to go to the extremes i did of selling my Tm, but seriously think of adding it to your arsenal of equipement Stevie, i personally know 2 aerotech owners that have both a cimex and orbot in the back ....hmm i wonder why?:AddEmoticons04259::AddEmoticons04259:
one of them is an IICRC instructor hmmm....

Apr 3, 2015
Real Name
peter ruggeri
to techclean i like ur comments try encap u might actually like it im a hwe guy and am open to encap cleaning what machine and chemicals do u use i mainly do homes and small amount of commercial would like to do more commercial

Mike Habib

Sep 18, 2012
Real Name
Mike Habib
Here is my two sense. 80% of the dirt in the carpet is dry. With a real good vacuum you can pull of a lot of it. I use a Kirby and a Certified Pile lifter. Depending on the condition of the carpet I will usually pre -spray and use either a orbital or rotary buffer with a Dirt Napper to agitate to carpet fibers. Afterwards I will use my VS LMX. I am still in shock how much dog hair etc that this machine will pull out of the carpets. If I am still not happy with the results I will go back over it with a Bonnet pad. I am convinced that when you combine two methods, either HWE or my VS with a bonnet cleaning afterwards you will get the best results. I lot of this is up to the operator and not the method. I believe that HWE or VLM works , it just what you prefer.

sleepy smurf

Jul 25, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Natalino Smeralda
Who here does Encap/low moisture cleaning on residential jobs?

Wondering what your process is...

How do you do stairs?

What chemicals do you use?
Vacuum carpet, prespary carpet, start at the beginning of the room work your way in flip the pad work your way out, rake carpet.

Stairs use a hand buffer