Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I've been using VLM
methods here and there with carpets (and pulling off some miracles) and decided to try it out on a greasy recliner.

A little omega, a little buff and voila. It's still a little damp in the after pic but probably dry within the hour.

Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Nah. I'm still a HWE guy but sometimes it's good to have some VLM skills.

Attachments

Reactions: jbc71 and Omar

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Reactions: bob_rugratz

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Nice job. Now if that chair took me more than 25 minutes using hwe I would know something was wrong.

Ray Thomas

Oct 6, 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
Real Name
Ray Thomas
I used a dewalt polisher, 5" brush (the one from the car guys on ebay) then on my 5" pad I used a 7" bonnet (smallest I could fine).

I would say start to finish, 45 min.It does take me some time, just like carpets but still quicker and obviously drier than HWE.
Newbie here,
What about the process takes 45 minutes? pre vac, spray, dwell time?, agitate, absorb into pad. Is that it? or do you have to re spray and re agitate a few times?

Thanks!

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Nice job. Now if that chair took me more than 25 minutes using hwe I would know something was wrong.
From leaving my van to getting back in took 45 min. It was up 2 flights of stairs (you know those townies). That was the deciding factor. I'm sure just setting up for HWE would have taken about 15 min and another 10-15 to pack up.
I lolly gagged it a bit just to eat up some time. I mean if your done in 10 min they might think you haven't done a good job.

Reactions: Scott W

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
Newbie here,
What about the process takes 45 minutes? pre vac, spray, dwell time?, agitate, absorb into pad. Is that it? or do you have to re spray and re agitate a few times?

Thanks!
Yeah I did all that. I re-sprayed a couple times on the head rest and arms. I really took my time. I'm sure a pro could do it in 15 min and have great results. I'm still learning VLM.

Latest posts