Encap chemicals

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
So I have decided I will be buying a Cimex for work on hotels. Where is the best/cheapest place to purchase the bonnets, and chemicals. What is the best encap chemical? What is your process? Do you still prespray?

I am brand new to this method but believe it will be way easier to maintain over my truckmount for the amount of hotels I will be doing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

Capitol City CC

Mar 19, 2016
Real Name
Ryan Albert
Call Damon at Ecapstore.com. Awesome dude and he will talk you through everything. I use his awesome encap and have found it performs better than Releaseit. (702) 218-3601

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I have had tremendous success with HydraMaster's ZipDri and Newline's NewCaps. Either one, I add 4 oz per gallon of peroxide to help with deodorizing and brightening on rat nasties.

Reactions: sbabcock

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
i would find a local distributor and pick one from their selection. There are alot of good encap products out there. Six versions have already been mentioned and there are others including 5 that I designed under the Bridgepoint and Groom Solutions brand. A local distributor can be of great assistance over the life of your cleaning career. You need them to fix your equipment, buy new equipment and the convenience of picking something up at the last minute. A brick and mortar store does not make enough selling and fixing equipment to stay in business. The chemical sales usually give them enough margin to stay in business.

Reactions: Rick J

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Adding peroxide just gums up the scampoo

Not necessarily. Some formulas are designed so that you can easily add peroxide and it will not only crystallize just as well, but it will often dry even faster.

Always read the label on the encap solution, some are designed to be stand-alone and others can have additives thrown in to assist.

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
We at Bridgewater confess to the encouragement of boosting pre-sprays with Citrus Solv and Boost All. The primary reason is that it is hard to formulate water based products with D'limonene and hydrogen peroxide. It is much easier to add 1 to 2 oz. of Citrus Solv to a ready to use pre-spray. Also the powder form of sodium percarbonate is stable for long periods of time and is only activated with water. The secondary reason is cost as there is no need to add the expense of d'limonene and hydrogen peroxide to every gallon of pre-spray when in alot of cases it is not necessary.

However, I am not fond of boosting encapsulation products. First, we use two primary polymers with one being designed for peroxide and the other not being designed. We only use the polymer compatible for peroxide in Encapuclean O2 and Peroxicap. Second, a good encapsulate not only cleans but limits
re-soiling. Citrus Solv should only be used in extraction cleaning as it is a bad re-soiler and also can weaken the glue found in the backings of carpet. You may get a good cleaning but cause other issues in the days and weeks ahead. Our primary encapsulates do not contain peroxide and should be used wherever possible. We designed the peroxide encapsulants to be a more aggressive cleaner in situations where it is necessary. If you have a Brush Pro then you can go a step further by using the Brush Pro powder only in the worst areas. If you do not accomplish cleaning with these three steps then it is time to extract. Encapsulation and extraction are not an either/or decision. If you maintain a 4 story building, you may need to extract the bottom floor ever six months and every two years or more for the other floors.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Our Encapuclean Green and Encapuclean O2 are great products. I have also tried the Releasit line and Vac Away products. They are also good. Have not tried some of the others that were mentioned.

I do agree with Tom that support a local distributor has many advantages.

Reactions: mikevee

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
I stand by my comment of NOT adding peroxide to any encap shampoo.
Unless it was formulated with peroxide you shouldn't add it to any NON peroxide encap shampoo.

I test any encap shampoo in a glass dish and add 40 vol to see how it dries down. They all gum up and don't dry out.

The only additive that will work on non peroxide encaps is adding ammonia.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
So I have decided I will be buying a Cimex for work on hotels. Where is the best/cheapest place to purchase the bonnets, and chemicals. What is the best encap chemical? What is your process? Do you still prespray?

I am brand new to this method but believe it will be way easier to maintain over my truckmount for the amount of hotels I will be doing.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

That Cimex cost a pretty penny compared to a 175, which does the same thing.

Jimmy L

Apr 16, 2012
Ne
Real Name
Jimmy Ladigwag
Business Location
United States
Get a 175/300 rpm buffer with a 1 1/2 hp
Can push it backwards and forwards easily on that 300 speed.

900-1200$ for a good one

Last edited: