Employee went to jail last night :( | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Employee went to jail last night :(

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
I'm so screwed I have so many jobs the next couple days better get to work.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Is he going to continue being your employee once he's out?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
If it's something non violent I would bail him out.....couldn't tell you how many of my guys over the years I've bailed out over stupid shit like missing a court date for a speeding ticket.....you wouldn't believe what kind of loyalty it buys posting a guys bail....even if they have to pay it back over time

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
lol
[]
/\

haha

yea stinks happens sometimes though. had a young guy meet me at a restaurant but was there early and was acting strange i guess so manager called police. police came and ended up arresting him.

i showed up and was like wow some action tonight then i see my helper sitting cuffed lol

officer walked up said normally we sont give out info but the guy asked him to let us know. guess he had an old warrant.

had to call his uncle that my family has known for 25yrs to let him know.

Reactions: Kyle8

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
If it's something non violent I would bail him out.....couldn't tell you how many of my guys over the years I've bailed out over stupid shit like missing a court date for a speeding ticket.....you wouldn't believe what kind of loyalty it buys posting a guys bail....even if they have to pay it back over time
What if you get bailed out by your employee for forgetting a court date on a text and drive ticket?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
That sucks.You don't know anyone that can help pick up the excess till you get something figured out?

We had stuff like this happen a lot with a company I used to work for. Mostly unpaid tickets or someone or drunk and disorderly (had 2 guys arrested at IHOP after they started dancing on the tables). Boss would post bail if he could, as long as it wasn't anything really serious. One time a guy got drunk and beat the crap out of his wife. Told that guy to rot. His wife was in the hospital for 2 days. When she got out we all came over, packed her house up and moved her into a new house. Boss paid the first 3 months rent and gave her $2500 extra to use to get settled.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
For sure i would but it's $3000 cash only guess he had a warrenty

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
If it's a cash only bond he's a flight risk or this isn't his first rodeo....might wanna look a little deeper if your planning on keeping him

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
If it's a cash only bond he's a flight risk or this isn't his first rodeo....might wanna look a little deeper if your planning on keeping him
For sure we never paid off some other tickets and they went to a warrenty I think. Crazy crazy. He was pretty good actually

Tony from Chicago

Nov 1, 2016
Real Name
Anthony Almerigi
Idk where you are located but you can try a temp agency like labor ready. They have helped me in a pinch. You never know who you will get but they may be pretty good- if you don't like the guy you can get a different one the next day

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I doubt very seriously I would ever bail an employee out of jail. I'd probably fire him. Unless it was some type of injustice. Cause if he made the bed why should I stop him from lying in it?

Reactions: Michael Rittanhouse