Emergency Call Yesterday

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
It was warm here yesterday, about 85 deg F. I was tired from the last four days working dawn to dark on taxes to finish on time. I had two small jobs scheduled 40 miles apart...was just finishing the second one at about 4 pm and got a panic and tearful call from a client that while she was getting ready for her 2 year old son's birthday party, that son barfed all over in the master bedroom. She had been sick the day before with the same flu......could I please come fix it? .....She's the same age as my middle daughter who's also struggling keeping up with three kids under 6..... I said I'd come. 40 miles, rush hour traffic. It took an hour to get there.

I used the Mytee dry tool. I made a hose bib adaptor for solution hose feed for a job last week that worked well and decided to try it again. I pretreated the rug with a blend of surround and revive- it spotters, pulled my hoses upstairs, attached the dry tool and erased all signs of the. " vomitus projectiles" from the carpet in about 3 minutes, pulled and packed the equipment, gave her a hug...... left the cash she tried to pay me on the sink when she turned her back and drove home remembering feeling relieved having the excuse of going to work leaving my wife home to deal with willful little three girls.......dues paying time!

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
I had a call one time from a young mother on the edge...her almost three year old son would defy her when she told him to do anything, pull down his pants and pee in his room...just about daily.

I told her she had a natural born leader in the making on her hands..."What?", she said..

yes, says I...he thinking for himself and has a piss on it attitude...he'll go far in the corporate world.......

she had to smile!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Nice story, but I got stuck on this part, "It was warm here yesterday, about 85 deg F. I was tired from the last four days working dawn to dark on taxes to finish on time." Can't believe you waste your time on taxes. Haven't done them in years and never will for the rest of my days. Ain't too many things in life I hate worse than doing taxes except paying taxes!

Reactions: aloha one

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Nice story, but I got stuck on this part, "It was warm here yesterday, about 85 deg F. I was tired from the last four days working dawn to dark on taxes to finish on time." Can't believe you waste your time on taxes. Haven't done them in years and never will for the rest of my days. Ain't too many things in life I hate worse than doing taxes except paying taxes!
Agree..AND...Unless You're a CPA that stays up on the every changing Laws..You are Most Likely..Pissin in the Wind, Wasting your time and Costing yourself Money!

Reactions: Andrew C

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Agree..AND...Unless You're a CPA that stays up on the every changing Laws..You are Most Likely..Pissin in the Wind, Wasting your time and Costing yourself Money!

I get like an ocd with them. I found a good cpa years ago and stuck with him. I just print out my end of year stuff from my software and let him do it.

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
It was warm here yesterday, about 85 deg F. I was tired from the last four days working dawn to dark on taxes to finish on time. I had two small jobs scheduled 40 miles apart...was just finishing the second one at about 4 pm and got a panic and tearful call from a client that while she was getting ready for her 2 year old son's birthday party, that son barfed all over in the master bedroom. She had been sick the day before with the same flu......could I please come fix it? .....She's the same age as my middle daughter who's also struggling keeping up with three kids under 6..... I said I'd come. 40 miles, rush hour traffic. It took an hour to get there.

I used the Mytee dry tool. I made a hose bib adaptor for solution hose feed for a job last week that worked well and decided to try it again. I pretreated the rug with a blend of surround and revive- it spotters, pulled my hoses upstairs, attached the dry tool and erased all signs of the. " vomitus projectiles" from the carpet in about 3 minutes, pulled and packed the equipment, gave her a hug...... left the cash she tried to pay me on the sink when she turned her back and drove home remembering feeling relieved having the excuse of going to work leaving my wife home to deal with willful little three girls.......dues paying time!

Very Nice Paul
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Very Nice Paul
And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
Is that like...Uh...Like some Religious Quote! And God SAID...Put Money in this Hat and I shall SAVE YOU!

Last edited:

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The only way to fly..Randy..Kept me outta Deep Shit many times!
I used to spend hours trying unsuccessfully to understand everything about taxes. Finally I wised up and let someone who spends their life doing that stuff worry about it for me.
I tried tax software, but never really got the hang of that either. Always afraid I'd screw something up which was highly likely btw! I do keep my own records,but I don't spend much time every year with taxes. I just try to make sure I get every single deduction I'm allowed.

gtech12v

Dec 2, 2008
California
Real Name
Gerson Anaya
Business Location
United States
Is that like...Uh...Like some Religious Quote! And God SAID...Put Money in tis Hat and I shall SAVE YOU!
no money required to be save is only by the grace of God
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I had a good tax man for several years, really good, maybe too good...I expect to use him again when he gets otta jail........Kidding!

It took me a number of years to find one I trust and really knew his stuff. He's worth every cent I pay him and really he's quite reasonable. He's saved me a lot on my taxes over the years and most likely prevented me from getting audited.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
I've been thinking that the Mytee dry tool flows water so easily with low pressure...50 psi or less, that it'll probably flow water from the vacuum coming through the head alone. Tomorrow morning I'm going to put a short 20 foot section of solution hose with an open end in a bucket to test my hypothesis. If it works I can wheel up my single motor AirHog with autopumpout , a bucket of mixed solution and clean well. I made a hose adaptor to attach to a house hose bib and plug solution hoses into that, sweet! but it might not be necessary for the tiny spotting jobs and still have stellar results.

I used to make siphon sprayers from glass tubing for iridizing my glass. Kind of like picking up leaves with a siphon tube y'd in on the yard blower.. A couple paperweights I made in the mid 70's.. They were fumed (sprayed) with stannous chloride in a mix with alcohol and distilled water when the glass was about 1650 deg F.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenB.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Is Ok my Brother I will pray for you that may be one day you will come to the light
no harm I respect your honesty
I know it's OK Brother..just my belief system..don't need to feel sorry for me..Reincarnation as any one of my Ex Wives would make me happier than Pigs In Shit! Financial Freedom...AH.. at last!