Email Marketing Strategy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beeks

Dec 11, 2012
FL
Real Name
JR
We have been using MailChimp for the last 4 years to stay in touch with our past clients by email communication. We currently send 4 automated emails, beginning with; a day after cleaning follow up and review asking email, at 2 weeks a referral email, month and half in "did you know about our other services" email, and at 6 months a reminder its time to get their carpets cleaned email, this is all done through the first 6 months, after the clients first cleaning. Then we send 1 monthly email to that same customer every month of the year.

How does your company currently use the available Email Marketing Platforms to send to your past clients? Do you send cold emails to potential clients through purchasable lists or some other source? How does it work for you?

We are also thinking of adding another email to our monthly email list, which would put us at two emails a month to our past clients. Is this to much? Not enough?

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Good questions, I'm just looking into this too. Up till now I have been doing all my email follow ups manually.
I don't know where the line between keeping in touch and annoyance lies?
For me I get super annoyed at weekly emails which then has the opposite effect. I get frustrated and it pisses me off.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
We have been using MailChimp for the last 4 years to stay in touch with our past clients by email communication. We currently send 4 automated emails, beginning with; a day after cleaning follow up and review asking email, at 2 weeks a referral email, month and half in "did you know about our other services" email, and at 6 months a reminder its time to get their carpets cleaned email, this is all done through the first 6 months, after the clients first cleaning. Then we send 1 monthly email to that same customer every month of the year.

How does your company currently use the available Email Marketing Platforms to send to your past clients? Do you send cold emails to potential clients through purchasable lists or some other source? How does it work for you?

We are also thinking of adding another email to our monthly email list, which would put us at two emails a month to our past clients. Is this to much? Not enough?
With that amount of automated stream, I would worry that lot of it goes to spam folder. Have you asked few people how much emails their getting from you? I always check spam folder if I'm looking for a vendor I used in the past. I hate e-mails to begin with(old school thinking, I guess) so I'm trying to keep the sent mail on low end(twice a year) followed by text messages and personal calls

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

Did the same. Also had a subscribe now for the latest cleaning information. Would collect emails that way and market to them as well.

Top Bottom