Email Marketing Bait?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
I'm starting up an email mailing subscription. I was curious for those of you doing similar things... What do you use to entice clients/visitors of your site???

My digital marketing professional suggests "a download… like … 5 Top Tip on Keeping your Carpet Clean, or 5 Ways to Spot Clean those XYZ Stains… that sort of thing."

For those of you doing email marketing, what are you using to get people to opt in?

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I'm starting up an email mailing subscription. I was curious for those of you doing similar things... What do you use to entice clients/visitors of your site???

My digital marketing professional suggests "a download… like … 5 Top Tip on Keeping your Carpet Clean, or 5 Ways to Spot Clean those XYZ Stains… that sort of thing."

For those of you doing email marketing, what are you using to get people to opt in?

Wow this is an old thread, but since I took the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 off I missed it...

Daniel, did you do the e-mail marketing campaign? Your digital marketing professional is correct by offering something...

In order to see what will work best for collecting e-mail addresses you should A/B Testing on your subscription headline.

Using numbers, stats, scar tactics, and the words "Free," "Almost Gone," "Limited Time," "Limited Space," will help as well with your subscriptions. Once you have your subscribers how do you plan on keeping them engage?

Before, I wrote this message I went to your website and watched your video. Since you don't mind speaking in front of a camera consider a message that encourages people to subscribe to your newsletter, instead of your basic pop up "subscribe now."

For carpet cleaning we had on average a 27% open rate. That is good when we would send out 200+ e-mails at $40 per month. We also booked on average at least two jobs from those e-mails. For subscription campaigns we used ConstantContact. Once they became a customer we switched them over to Housecall Pro.

Remember consumers are being bombarded by subscription sign ups and free items. You'll have to see what is working in your area and build from it. Highly recommend doing about three months of A/B testing for your subscription growth.

Good Luck

~Tiffany

p.s.

Daniel one more thing.... You're not using your videos to their full potential... Please go back and add at the beginning of your description:

http://spotlessflooring.com

Very beginning of every description should have your website address... Every time... If you're only going to post a few words in your description let is be your website address.... Always put http:// in front if you want to make it a clickable link from your description to your website...

And yes I subscribed to your channel... Heed my words young Jedi master... The force is strong with you...

May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
May 9, 2013
Southeast Houston
spotlessflooring.com
Real Name
Daniel Provorse
Business Location
United States
Wow this is an old thread, but since I took the end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 off I missed it...

Daniel, did you do the e-mail marketing campaign? Your digital marketing professional is correct by offering something...

In order to see what will work best for collecting e-mail addresses you should A/B Testing on your subscription headline.

Using numbers, stats, scar tactics, and the words "Free," "Almost Gone," "Limited Time," "Limited Space," will help as well with your subscriptions. Once you have your subscribers how do you plan on keeping them engage?

Before, I wrote this message I went to your website and watched your video. Since you don't mind speaking in front of a camera consider a message that encourages people to subscribe to your newsletter, instead of your basic pop up "subscribe now."

For carpet cleaning we had on average a 27% open rate. That is good when we would send out 200+ e-mails at $40 per month. We also booked on average at least two jobs from those e-mails. For subscription campaigns we used ConstantContact. Once they became a customer we switched them over to Housecall Pro.

Remember consumers are being bombarded by subscription sign ups and free items. You'll have to see what is working in your area and build from it. Highly recommend doing about three months of A/B testing for your subscription growth.

Good Luck

~Tiffany

p.s.

Daniel one more thing.... You're not using your videos to their full potential... Please go back and add at the beginning of your description:

http://spotlessflooring.com

Very beginning of every description should have your website address... Every time... If you're only going to post a few words in your description let is be your website address.... Always put http:// in front if you want to make it a clickable link from your description to your website...

And yes I subscribed to your channel... Heed my words young Jedi master... The force is strong with you...
I don't get on here much anymore so forgive the late response.

No I didn't get the newsletter running. I ended up dumping that "SEO" expert when I found the changes they made to my site and I could see she was going in the wrong direction. Not to say she had no idea what she was doing but her work was not a fit for me.

I don't do much writing and hate doing it. I'm trying to get over it and just out with it. Changing who I am or getting over it is tough but much needed for success.

I appreciate the heads up on the link additions. I also only recently started recording myself on camera. It's quite difficult when you have to do such things alone but I'm finding ways to overcome that too. Biggest thing I notice is making me better at everything is simple... practice!

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
I don't get on here much anymore so forgive the late response.

No I didn't get the newsletter running. I ended up dumping that "SEO" expert when I found the changes they made to my site and I could see she was going in the wrong direction. Not to say she had no idea what she was doing but her work was not a fit for me.

I don't do much writing and hate doing it. I'm trying to get over it and just out with it. Changing who I am or getting over it is tough but much needed for success.

I appreciate the heads up on the link additions. I also only recently started recording myself on camera. It's quite difficult when you have to do such things alone but I'm finding ways to overcome that too. Biggest thing I notice is making me better at everything is simple... practice!
No worries I am happy you found your way back here to read the message. Here is another thing I want to point out to you and anyone else reading in a similar boat...

Veteran owned businesses - look into the resources that different organizations have for veterans. For example the National Association for Veteran Owned Businesses - Operation Boots to Business... They provide good resources, grants, and marketing assistance for veterans... Something to also consider.. Thank you for your service and goo luck with your business!