email from my CPA

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
was sent in July, but since the Bill is closer to getting passed, I thought I would share...

IRS Ready to Audit More

The IRS funding, which is already set to increase in 2022, could get a substantial boost if the infrastructure bill passes Congress. While the talks continue in regards to an infrastructure bill passing, the IRS already announced that it plans on using the $40B allocated to the IRS to bolster enforcement, which means thousands of new auditors and hundred of criminal investigation employees.

The service of the IRS, however, continue to decreases. We observe that hold times are almost guaranteed to be at least a half hour of a wait and oftentimes, the IRS won't even take calls during the day due to call volume.

The focus is primarily the small business units (self-employed, Schedule C filers, S corporations, etc.), we expect that the focus won't just be on the "wealthy" as the media portrays, rather, this generally means that many small business owners will also face scrutiny.

so even though the talk and commercials say their going after big business to *pay their fair share* what they really are going to do is go after the small fish.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Who didnt see that coming? Big business has the money and attorneys to fight the shit out of them, small business does not so most times they just have to take the hit and move on or go out of business, politicians and the irs know this its why they do what they do

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
was sent in July, but since the Bill is closer to getting passed, I thought I would share...

IRS Ready to Audit More

The IRS funding, which is already set to increase in 2022, could get a substantial boost if the infrastructure bill passes Congress. While the talks continue in regards to an infrastructure bill passing, the IRS already announced that it plans on using the $40B allocated to the IRS to bolster enforcement, which means thousands of new auditors and hundred of criminal investigation employees.

The service of the IRS, however, continue to decreases. We observe that hold times are almost guaranteed to be at least a half hour of a wait and oftentimes, the IRS won't even take calls during the day due to call volume.

The focus is primarily the small business units (self-employed, Schedule C filers, S corporations, etc.), we expect that the focus won't just be on the "wealthy" as the media portrays, rather, this generally means that many small business owners will also face scrutiny.

so even though the talk and commercials say their going after big business to *pay their fair share* what they really are going to do is go after the small fish.
Only under a DEMOCRAT controlled government is this allowed. Just a whole lot more waste of tax dollars to do something that is not warranted or needed.