Electric Truck Mounts ???

Does an electric TRUCKMOUNT exist?

• Yes I have one and use it daily to clean carpet.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I hope so because I have prepaid some jacka$$ for one.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, I have never seen one operate either in person or video.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
The only things I noticed about it was first, when you cover the end of the hose with your hand the vacuum only builds up so much before the electric vac motors max out and second the psi is limited to 1000 psi. Actually when cleaning though it had good psi and vacuum at the wand and you could clean at the same speed you would if using a gas truckmount. I am not sure about the extra setup time and needing to find power. I know some like Deron have the ETM setup down to a science and can set up quite quickly while I have seen others with such a mess of cords and hoses you wonder how they get any work done. The ETM would work fine for carpet and upholstery cleaning but I think I would have a hard time cleaning concrete or tile with it.
Until now I used my Mytee Lite 2 to clean tile with a spinner-honestly it worked great...ok a little extra scrubbing, but not bad

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
the mytee escape looks promising also terry brevek's machine is really good also it seems 2 cords my gas truckmount is ok but if there is a failure im in downtime and using a portable over the next year im gonna hopefully buy a mytee escape or another electric truckmount and use a generator!

my local welder may help me build one from scratch with a built in generator same concept as a gas truckmount but instead its working off the generator i haven't decided 4 or 6 vac system with a 12000 watt generator, i will also use my north star diesel burner. I recently got a quote that i drew up the design and for welding and materials will cost me 3000 that's without powder coating all aluminum, waste tank is 100 gallons at the back will be your fresh water tank 100 gallon

Reactions: StevenB.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
the mytee escape looks promising also terry brevek's machine is really good also it seems 2 cords my gas truckmount is ok but if there is a failure im in downtime and using a portable over the next year im gonna hopefully buy a mytee escape or another electric truckmount and use a generator!

my local welder may help me build one from scratch with a built in generator same concept as a gas truckmount but instead its working off the generator i haven't decided 4 or 6 vac system with a 12000 watt generator, i will also use my north star diesel burner. I recently got a quote that i drew up the design and for welding and materials will cost me 3000 that's without powder coating all aluminum, waste tank is 100 gallons at the back will be your fresh water tank 100 gallon

Is there room in your savage power module for more vac motors? If so, that's what I'd boost.my savage 1 has 290-300 cfm an 11" hg. With two motors. When I add two in series it'll even be stronger.

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Is there room in your savage power module for more vac motors? If so, that's what I'd boost.my savage 1 has 290-300 cfm an 11" hg. With two motors. When I add two in series it'll even be stronger.
the box is quite small i do have a booster i just called my local supplier and he is really interested in my machine but alot of guys is going away from gas to electric.

My plan is this buy a trailer and pull it behind my truck the rest pocket the money

Reactions: StevenB.

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States

Terry Brevik showed up at Winterfest several years ago with two vac motors attached to the back of an old ProChem 65 gal recovery tank and ran head to head with Mikey P using a Vortex on a piece of carpet. Terry adjusted his little giant # 2 to where it almost never shut off.. He was getting about 250 deg at the wand. He purposely put this makeshift machine into a dented up old Astro van to make the confrontation more fun. Everyone thought he was crazy to run it against the Vortex and would leave as the crowned laughingstock of Winterfest. They didn't know Terry, however..... His machine looked like a third world creation, he probably had less than $1500 in it including the van and I'm being generous. Mikey had about $90k invested in his Vortex. When they started cleaning both had live steam, the Vortex had more suction, obviously, but you can't use all that much running 50' of hose. When done, you couldn't tell which side either did. They looked the same. Terry drove home with a BIG SMILE on his face.....Mikey, not so happy.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States

Look out world falcans is going to manufacture "electric tm". This madness never ends!

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Terry Brevik showed up at Winterfest several years ago with two vac motors attached to the back of an old ProChem 65 gal recovery tank and ran head to head with Mikey P using a Vortex on a piece of carpet. Terry adjusted his little giant # 2 to where it almost never shut off.. He was getting about 250 deg at the wand. He purposely put this makeshift machine into a dented up old Astro van to make the confrontation more fun. Everyone thought he was crazy to run it against the Vortex and would leave as the crowned laughingstock of Winterfest. They didn't know Terry, however..... His machine looked like a third world creation, he probably had less than $1500 in it including the van and I'm being generous. Mikey had about $90k invested in his Vortex. When they started cleaning both had live steam, the Vortex had more suction, obviously, but you can't use all that much running 50' of hose. When done, you couldn't tell which side either did. They looked the same. Terry drove home with a BIG SMILE on his face.....Mikey, not so happy.
Here is couple machines

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Coming back to the land of "Electroweenies" , Rich ? Ehh;)
There was a time ago .......................
maybe jimmy boy but im still going to keep my hungry gas truckmount if my local dealer wont take it huge restoration company may take it they need a huge truck like mine and a decent truckmount for the price im selling it i can fly away and screw carpet cleaning haha and do what the other guy does in Australia and use one of those hoovers

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
maybe jimmy boy but im still going to keep my hungry gas truckmount if my local dealer wont take it huge restoration company may take it they need a huge truck like mine and a decent truckmount for the price im selling it i can fly away and screw carpet cleaning haha and do what the other guy does in Australia and use one of those hoovers

I'm referring back to the "Old German " in you !
Personally at your young age I would restore the TM and keep a porty for backup.

Reactions: falcans

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
I'm referring back to the "Old German " in you !
Personally at your young age I would restore the TM and keep a porty for backup.
yes that's are my intentions were but if i can get the asking price for my unit why not go buy freaking brand new from amtex and be done with it i would get a dodge sprinter love the height in them, me young jim im only 28 i feel old

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
or that too or get my welder to build me a decent frame all aluminum the mechanic in toronto said a truckmount only has 3 components a blower, motor and a pump that's all he said it bottles his mind when every manufacture uses so much dam wires and bi passes, you should see my unit the panel is with 1000's of wires haha

Paul Brown

Aug 18, 2008
Santa Rosa CA
Real Name
Paul Brown
Business Location
United States
Terry builds excellent machines. I've been up to visit and have run them at 150' of hose. Very adequate performance. This was a couple years ago, vac motors and Terry's designs have both improved. It's a machine that I'd seriously consider.