Electric Truck Mounts ???

Does an electric TRUCKMOUNT exist?

• Yes I have one and use it daily to clean carpet.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • I hope so because I have prepaid some jacka$$ for one.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, I have never seen one operate either in person or video.

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Only in the busy months chief, not 12 months a year.
We work year round.

So no $60k a year is not even close to $150k...
good point, shane how do you advertise? i have a truck mount now i was thinking of trying 1 year temp yellow pages or 411.ca that is where all my competition is getting there jobs from guaranteed 100%

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Falcans can sure mess up a good thread. I was going to congratulate him on changing over to a gas TM but I wasn't sure it was a good thing. :D
thanks for the thanks im actually happy well kinda now just another expense

I do love the electric truck mount no fuel charges but its not reliable for many jobs out there.. in the end im tired of plugging into a power source and trying to find the right power many houses here has the weirdest wiring you can find... washroom is connected to hall ways, kitchen is connected to the living rooms oh wait waiit.... garage is connected to the washroom :D not shitting you every house i have seen is like this our codes are outta wack

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I used mine every day this week Harry. It's pulling 330 cfm, 10 hg, 50 gallon waste tank with a 1000 psi cat pump all on two cords. The biggest pain in the arse is plugging in.

That looks like a pretty nice setup. I used a 2 cord electric truck mount for several years and it did a good job up to 150 ft which covered 99+ % of my jobs. I never used a generator, but would have liked to have one just in case. Trying to run 2 cords on every job got really old really quick, but on many jobs the cords were really easy to plug in and get going. On other jobs it was a real pain. With todays vac boosters the distance limitation I had could've been easily overcome. I didn't know of any boosters back in the day I was using mine. I depended on two large 7.2 3 stage vac motors and that was it for vacuum, a 300 psi hypro pump, and a little Giant 12000 btu heater for excellent heat.

Reactions: StevenB.

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
Falcans, are you interested in selling your Savage? Could you post pictures of it?

Thanks , Paul
im selling it for 500.00 i have some hoses ect i can include for local customers i will include 100 ft of vacuum hose and solution hose built into the hose 50 gallon water tank no wand just hoses savage beast and water tank 500.00

I just got the solution hose and hose with this gas truckmount but decided to use the hoses i got that is better quality with this truck mount versus the ones that kinks easier

i do have the 1200 psi pump thats extra tho 200.00 so total price 700.00

Just need heat and your set to go to make money.

id be interested in shipping it too to the right buyer but buyer pays shipping to ship this would cost about 300-700 depending where the person lives i could thru it on a 4x4 skid

Attachments

• Cambridge-20120731-00148.jpg
    Cambridge-20120731-00148.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 100

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
A Gas TM would be nice, but I just don't have the funds to afford one. That is why i am building an ETM, yea it won't have all the bells and whistles and be able to knock out as much work, but for an owner operator it's good enough for me. And at $800 to $1K built, capable of tile and grout from 0 to 1000 PSI you just can't go wrong. I'm not really interested in going into huge debt with a business like this where you got cut throats and everyone and their dog tries to go into business. their are just way too many carpet cleaners in my area. most of them don't even know what they are doing...lol

Reactions: falcans

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
A Gas TM would be nice, but I just don't have the funds to afford one. That is why i am building an ETM, yea it won't have all the bells and whistles and be able to knock out as much work, but for an owner operator it's good enough for me. And at $800 to $1K built, capable of tile and grout from 0 to 1000 PSI you just can't go wrong. I'm not really interested in going into huge debt with a business like this where you got cut throats and everyone and their dog tries to go into business. their are just way too many carpet cleaners in my area. most of them don't even know what they are doing...lol
I have seen this same thing mentioned by a lot on TMF.

A good ETM should be able to be as efficient and production able as any gasoline truckmount.

I have both a gasoline TM and an ETM.

The setup times are virtually the same for both.

The heat produced is the same for both.

The cleaning production times are the same for both.

Needed repairs are about the same for both.

A good ETM can do the same quality job as a gasoline truckmount, with the ETM costing less to purchase, operate, and repair.

Harry Mullett

Premium VIP
Dec 29, 2009
Idaho
Real Name
John Bunn
Business Location
United States
Im the only one that cast a vote saying i prepaid some jackass for an etm? lol

Thanks for casting a vote for Will's situation. I think he may still be in a coma from the long time screwing. If I didn't like Will so much that VT situation would be funny.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Thanks for casting a vote for Will's situation. I think he may still be in a coma from the long time screwing. If I didn't like Will so much that VT situation would be funny.
last i heard will probably has received it already. I think he ended up getting it, or is going to get it. that's what he told me on the thread about it.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Keep up man he is now joining Falcans in the been screwed by Albutt club.

They were in that club a long time ago. Just didn't realize it till recently is all.

Jeff Maietta

Happy Days!
Aug 15, 2012
Everywhere
Real Name
Geoff Maieta
Business Location
United States
Thanks for your response. I was being mostly sarcastic with the poll. :) But I am also interested to hear from people that actually have the units and use them on a regular basis. A lot of people have heard that they exist and believe they are a good idea I am just not convinced they will measure up to the claims and comparisons to traditional Truckmounts.

Some of the major TM brands are now producing propane engines for power plants so why the need for generator to power electric?

It is yet to be seen if these systems are cheaper to operate and maintain over the life expectancy of a good old proven truckmount design.
My thoughts on the one I just bought are to be able to plug in most of the time and when I cannot I can use a propane generator. For me, the Escape is easier to work on, understand, troubleshoot and repair. Vac motor blown? No worries I have one ($100) and can change it with 2 or 3 tools in 15 minutes or so. Pump goes, no worries I have an electric pressure washer with a regulator in van as a spare (under $150). Waste tank pump dies, no worries I have a small sump pump to get me by. I love being prepared and the ETM makes it easy for me.

If the customer does not have power I have a propane generator. If no power and the geny dies, I can go to any store from Wal Mart to a Pawn shop and buy a generator to get me by if need be. Once done with the job I can fix the geny and use the other one in the meantime if needed. For me it is not so much about being green, but more about being able to fix it myself... the only green that matters in the end is, well you know....