Electric inline heaters

dgardner

Jan 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Dan Gardner
Some great posts sir !!
I use the 2HT also but leave it in my trailer. Do you feed hot or cold tap water into your extractor?

Cold. I usually use the outside hose bib to my AF inlet.

I have a fresh water tank but on the nastys or commercial always thought of feeding hot tap water via my AF. Preheated b4 entering LG.

For me, that would probably produce water in excess of 230F. Too hot for some carpet fibers, and no real way to control it.

Do you use a 360 or similar with your 2ht? Realizing the RV is a high flow wondering how much this could affect the constant heat.

No, I prescrub with an OP or Procaps CRB, and extract with a wand. I don't know what jet arrangement the RX has - how many and what size jets?

In the cold -freezing temps an electric heater could be of use to help maintain temps and certainly with my smaller non-heated porty/booster/spotter.

Absolutely.

Thanks for all the great info.

JIM
My Pleasure.

Mar 17, 2011
florida
Real Name
j.anzellotti
Business Location
United States
my us prod 2200wat heater is meant towork optimally at 6 to 8 seconds on flow then 6 to 8 seconds off flow at a temp of 210 according to the manufac but i believe it is more like 175

Blacktiedetailing

www.crsurfacecare.com
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2011
Las Vegas
WWW.CRSurfaceCare.com
Real Name
Jeff Kondra
Business Location
United States
I am going with the Th 2HT propane.. Not sure about the 19k watt thing but with my Mytee M5+, the unit and the heater will stay in my trailer. No need to even think about unloading that beast.

It sure is nice to read an entire thread of information and not a bunch of garbage.

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Buy 3 farm immersion heater that heat water till 110 degree Fahrenheit. Put them in water totte.
Connect it to converter with your battery.
While driving around it will use electricity from van.
Have switch installed close to ETM. So it doesn't drain your battery.
Now at this temperature pump will not get damaged
In clients home connect in line heater.
Or have pump on wheels. Go to bath tub fill it with hot water
Pump will syphon water.
Then connect inline heater.
Calgary Sucks weather wise.
Best of luck.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have used the 6000watt electric...didn't work for me.....
I have used kerosene/deisel for 15 years

So here's the skinny according to his calculations
6000 watt heater=20k btu...
2000 watt heater=6k btu...
Propane =65k btu and up to 120k btu
Diesel heaters= 250k.....350k btu....

Specs and use show electric heat doesn't work well with anything over 2 flow....

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
double up the 6000watt heater, run dual generators, that will leave you with just needing 2 20amp circuits in customers home, bring a dolly to move the dryer out for one and bring a 20amp breaker to install in customers panel. You can also add a booster upstairs in the home on 15amp for true truckmount performance without the MASSIVE headache of running a gas powered TM.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
After 8yrs I’d imagine he solved his problem went out of business lol

Calgary Hog

Aug 4, 2018
Real Name
Tinnam
Yes and one more thing inline heater will always fail with high pressure no matter what you use.
To maintain optimum temperature maximum JET opening on wand should be .03.
As
Single Jet wand 1=.03 Jets
Dual jet wand 2 =.015 Jets
Three jet wand 3 =.01 jets

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
double up the 6000watt heater, run dual generators, that will leave you with just needing 2 20amp circuits in customers home, bring a dolly to move the dryer out for one and bring a 20amp breaker to install in customers panel. You can also add a booster upstairs in the home on 15amp for true truckmount performance without the MASSIVE headache of running a gas powered TM.
Hahaha...I'd choose the truckmount spring, summer or fall but winter NO. It's more of a hassle winterizing, dewinterizing and connecting to inside water source. Also can't dump dirty water because the hose and ball valve got frozen. Much easier using portable inside house and its easier to winterize and dewinterize portable machine.

Reactions: Fedri

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
If you buy the little giant, get the 4!!!!! It will burn alot hotter and not have to run near as long!!
Dont even bother with the 2.