sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I would like to start off by making it clear that....THIS IS NOT A GAS POWERED TM BASH SESSION!

Hello,

It is my understanding that many Carpet Cleaners assume that Folks who choose to use Portable Electric type Carpet Cleaning machines; do so mostly because they cannot afford a Gas Powered TM.

From what I have learned....the above statement is true in many cases.....but not all!

I do happen to know of Fellas though; some of them are members of this Forum, who are "ALL ELECTRIC" simply because they prefer to be....they could buy 10 TMs between themselves if they wanted too....they have plenty of money to do so.

Many of them attribute most of their savings and surviving these tuff times to the simple fact that they "do not visit the gas pump as often as a gas powered TM user would."

Then there are Folks who do want to have a try at building their own CC business, but current funds do not allow them to purchase a gas powered TM in the beginning, so they, like me, seek the best Electric Machine/Portable available that they can afford at that time.

My friend in F.L. is a great example of this, as he cleaned with a portable....SUCCESSFULLY....for 15 years before purchasing his first Prochem TM, he now has 2 Prochem's, as well as a All Electric Van with a Electric Portable set-up in it.

With gas prices the way they are now and the economy, maybe it not such a bad idea to start off with an Electric powered Carpet Cleaning machine, whether you do have the funds for a new/used gas powered TM....or not?

Not having the added expense of gas powered TM fuel burn, will certainly keep more "capitol"/"cash-flow" in a "newbies" pocket or an ole' Pro getting back into the CC Industry.

When in F.L. training and working with my friend that owns 2 TMs, I was reminded of the actual immediate fuel expense a CC business has....WOW!

I know that I personally have enjoyed only having to "up" the weekly gas expense by not much at all!

Sure, you could possibly say that...."one should not start a CC business unless they have plenty of available capitol/monies"! I would disagree, as many of today's success stories started with next to nothing at all, but they endured and they "MADE IT HAPPEN"!

I also understand the argument of "efficiency" when using a gas powered TM vs. a Electric powered machine, be it a ETM or a Portable.

Bottom line is this....simply put, there happens to be many "All Electric CCs" out there who have very successful businesses and make a darn good living at it!

Does it take a bit longer to set-up and break-down....possibly....depends on them and their set-up. As far as dry times go, I happen to have the most basic example of a Portable you can possibly get your hands on and have had great success thus far and I live in a very high humidity area.

I remember one of the very first thread's I read when joining this forum, I cannot remember the exact title of the thread, but it was another forum member posting the question...."What's up with this guy?" or something like that.

Anyway, in his post, he is aggravated that this Fella using a "basic" Portable (100 psi, no heat, weak vacuum motors, etc.)stays busy, gets great reviews and 2 customers had actually called him in the previous 48 hours and mentioned this particular CC!" The poster was disgruntled at the fact there was a CC out there with the most basic of equipment yet "making it happen"!

I too happen to be an "ALL ELECTRIC" CC and if given $5000.00-$15,000.00, still would not purchase a gas powered TM, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BAD, but because I personally prefer Electric CC machines and I'm not even a "Tree-Hugger".

There are "pros and cons" to both....in the end, it really just boils down to preference, what works for the individual.

I have recently learned that Jaime F. happens to be working on a ETM and Willy P. has also been working on an all Electric CC machine as well....it will be ineteresting to see what these 2 can add/bring to the Electric CC segment.

I did finally see the new Titan from the Cobb and the Harris, it's a mytee ltd with the 4 motor vac set-up, produces some pretty good numbers for long runs.

Anyway, if you took the time to read this whole thread,,,,THANKS!;)

ac/dc....get it....,Lol!

yes....I'm a geek!

(NO....not the "bi" ac/dc crap btw!;)

Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I think it is possible to clean with any equipment as long you are good, but some other people prefer more power, it is like cars, a v8 vs a hybrid.
i know a couple of people who owns a tm and they do a terrible job.
So it is the man behind the wand and not the equipment.

Well said Jaime!

Thanks!;)

ac

it runs on two AA batteries with heat and cleans carpet so fast you'll be done 15 minutes before you started ( E=mc2 )

YES IT'S THAT FAST

So fast you will have to wear flame proof underwear

breeze3-3sts.jpg

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I had a respected cleaner, one that I respect (and there are not that many) call me Friday. This is a well known dude who everybody knows, who used to post a bit on ICS years ago, but has been absent from the boards lately. I will withhold his name simply because he doesn't post anymore and likes his anonymity these days. He is aware of my view on anyone who calls an electric machine a "TM", and I believe he agrees with me on the issue; however, he told me that he purchased one of Bob Savages "original base units" awhile back to use on a commercial lock in job he does on a regular basis. He told me that he used it for the first time last week. I have no idea what he means by a "base unit", but he said he was really happy with the vacuum he gets out of it. He is not using it from the van. He uses it like a portable and never exceeds 50 feet of hose, but he said the thing was quite useful at that range.

I suppose he might still be happy if he put another 50 ft. on it ...

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Yeah, I seen a guy here with one of those Steambrite "Enterprise" machines. I must say I was impressed. It had 4 HP 2 stage vac and dam the end howl at 150 feet no booster. He did wind-up putting an inline power booster and went at it. Now I know it looks funny , but the grip that thing had on the carpet was as strong as one could want. His machine was auto fill/dump and mounted on a hand cart really easy to move around.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Yeah, I seen a guy here with one of those Steambrite "Enterprise" machines. I must say I was impressed. It had 4 HP 2 stage vac and dam the end howl at 150 feet no booster. He did wind-up putting an inline power booster and went at it. Now I know it looks funny , but the grip that thing had on the carpet was as strong as one could want. His machine was auto fill/dump and mounted on a hand cart really easy to move around.

Ricky, it that the Turkey Fryer one I had posted about before?

It's amazing what you can accomplish these days!

Thanks!;)

ac

I've seen some of these machines with 4 vac motors and high pressure pumps that supposedly
run on 2 20 amp circuits. I just really believe that with such a setup you will be popping breakers in
homes more than you want.
I'll take Cross Americans machine with two truly high performance and effecient Powerful
high tech Lamb Ametek 6.6 vac motors which can easily clean up to 150 feet without a Power Booster.
With one the New CA Power Boosters you can add that inline and go another 75 to 100 feet easily.
These new motors use less than 14 amps a piece. Then they have a big motor turning the modified
pump and it when set at 400 psi only uses about 3.5 amps yet can reach up to 800 psi for and still not
pop a breaker . Also the pumpout uses very little amperage like 1.7 amps. A truly well engineered and
intellegently designed machine. One with a Jagaur can always add a Power Booster but still without one
can clean carpet and clean it well up to 150 feet vacuum hose. I guess I just feel the base machine should
be able to run on the average residential home using only 2 circuits comfortably not just barely if everything
is ideal. Most times we will run one of these cords on a circuit that may be giving us the light we need in order
to clean the carpet well. I realize that manufacturers can build machines that run at 20 amps but maybe
they should consider whether they should or not!