sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
They are supposed to be more powerful than the Lamb and made right here in the United States. I was able to see one and they seem to be machined very well. Anyone else see them or use them?

I think your refering to ELECTRO MOTOR, L.L.C.?

They are the only vacuum motor I know of that is still assembled in the U.S.

I have 2 of their motors in my Namco.

Thanks!

ac

They are supposed to be more powerful than the Lamb and made right here in the United States. I was able to see one and they seem to be machined very well. Anyone else see them or use them?

These are the motors we use at Mytee. EM makes a great product. You're right, they are made in Tenn. All other vacs come from out of the country including Lamb/Ametek.

Electro does make good vacuum motors. I have been particularly impressed with the 2 stage vac motors
with the end numbers of 52. Something like 131" H2O Lift 130 CFMs. Actually 2 of these vacuum motors
would be an outstanding choice in a new model whether high performance portable or a new ETM. We need
sufficient lift but these vac motors with the conical shaped fans provide exeptional cfms. The end result with
2 such motors in parellel would be outstanding. I have a Domel model 491.3.720 which is rated at
124" H2O and 128 CFMs. At one time I actually installed two of these in a CA Recoil 3HP. Talk about
a boost in performance ! Just incredible! I do not have a CFM guage yet but I did measure the lift and
it was usually 120 + or -2. So these new Electro motors I described should perform a little better.
And another important factor is the amp draw with the Electro I am referring to is less than the Domel
2 stage which is rated at 15.5 maximum amps. Actually that isn't bad but if you can do better without
sacricing performance then it is better. Time will tell whether they can last as long. Domel provides a
2 year warranty. Also the motor that John Labarbera uses in his M5 oviously has been a powerful
work horse for Mytee. So far with my CA Jaguar 6.6 which has 2 2 stages with a little less lift than my Domel
vacuum motors but has a more cfms has really confirmed what I felt about this new motor. It really
is a performer with exeptional solution recovery up to 150 feet. With propane heat and an excellent pump it is
difficullt for me to tell the difference between my CA Jaguar 6.6 and an entry level truckmount with a 3M or 33
positive displacement vacuum pump being turned by a 16HP motor. My first gas truckmount was a Prochem CubXL
which had that exact setup.
This new technology with all 3 manufacturers
is making it easier for carpet cleaners to have confidence in being able to be truck or trailer mounted
using electricity with plenty of power.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Electro does make good vacuum motors. I have been particularly impressed with the 2 stage vac motors
with the end numbers of 52. Something like 131" H2O Lift 130 CFMs. Actually 2 of these vacuum motors
would be an outstanding choice in a new model whether high performance portable or a new ETM. We need
sufficient lift but these vac motors with the conical shaped fans provide exeptional cfms. The end result with
2 such motors in parellel would be outstanding. I have a Domel model 491.3.720 which is rated at
124" H2O and 128 CFMs. At one time I actually installed two of these in a CA Recoil 3HP. Talk about
a boost in performance ! Just incredible! I do not have a CFM guage yet but I did measure the lift and
it was usually 120 + or -2. So these new Electro motors I described should perform a little better.
And another important factor is the amp draw with the Electro I am referring to is less than the Domel
2 stage which is rated at 15.5 maximum amps. Actually that isn't bad but if you can do better without
sacricing performance then it is better. Time will tell whether they can last as long. Domel provides a
2 year warranty. Also the motor that John Labarbera uses in his M5 oviously has been a powerful
work horse for Mytee. So far with my CA Jaguar 6.6 which has 2 2 stages with a little less lift than my Domel
vacuum motors but has a more cfms has really confirmed what I felt about this new motor. It really
is a performer with exeptional solution recovery up to 150 feet. With propane heat and an excellent pump it is
difficullt for me to tell the difference between my CA Jaguar 6.6 and an entry level truckmount with a 3M or 33
positive displacement vacuum pump being turned by a 16HP motor. My first gas truckmount was a Prochem CubXL
which had that exact setup.
This new technology with all 3 manufacturers
is making it easier for carpet cleaners to have confidence in being able to be truck or trailer mounted
using electricity with plenty of power.

Great information Jan!

Your close on the 6600-052 ELECTRO 2-STAGE FIGURES...It's actually 132 WL" and 131 CFMs. 14.5 starting amps and has a 2-year Warranty.

Very well balanced performance!

ELECTRO has been making motors since 2002, Mr. John L. Of Mytee is correct...they are in Pinstripes Flatts, T.N
, U.S.A.

Thanks!

ac

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
The bottom line is that (most) all vacuum motors do a certain job and performance level. However, some are much much better than others and have a l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g proven history of field testing, etc..

We prefer the AMETEK based on proven performance since 1972.

Very hard to beat.

best to all;
Ed Valentine

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
The bottom line is that (most) all vacuum motors do a certain job and performance level. However, some are much much better than others and have a l-o-n-g, l-o-n-g proven history of field testing, etc..

We prefer the AMETEK based on proven performance since 1972.

Very hard to beat.

best to all;
Ed Valentine

I agree Ed; I am still running my Original recoil motors; Still no time to do upgrade we are booked solid. I am all for buying American; but in this case proven supplier and Technology is definently my thought here too.

of course being honest and intentions and motives

I have had problems with electromotive motors the two I tested ran very hot so being closed up in a clam shell ? the other died not to many hours on them well under 100 hours

with thousands of hours on Lamb vacuum motors little to no problems

customer abuse does tend to lessen the life span of any motors

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Velocity Tech

Pat, in most cases its best to test something out for yourself, that being said; we would like to send you (2) high performance 2-stage ELECTRO MTRS, compliments of Velocity Tech and ELECTRO MTRS, LLC, Piney Flats, T.N.

If your interested, please p.m. with shipping information.

Regards,

Velocity Tech.

Jimsteam 1

Aug 21, 2011
Customer abuse does tend to lessen the life span of any motors

That being said I personally have not seen the Ametek Motors in my Recoil since I purchased the Recoil in May of 2009.
I am very "Big" on properly maintaining my equipment.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Gentlemen,

I couldn’t agree more that a history of proven performance and quality are of great importance!

For what it’s worth, ELECTRO MOTORS, LLC has been in the business of making vacuum motors themselves since 2002.

I’m sure that many of you have heard of Electrolux…

Anyway, Mr. Mancl, the CEO of ELECTRO MOTORS, LLC is just carrying on their tradition.

Before establishing ELECTRO MOTORS, LLC in 2002, Mr. Mancl was the Vacuum Motor Engineer for Electrolux for over 22 years, right there in the very same spot in Piney Flats T.N.

That’s 32+ years of proven history, from right here in the good ole’ U.S. of A.!

I personally like both ELECTRO MTRS and Ametek motors; they both serve a purpose and do a great job of it!

My good friend Jan has had nothing but great success out of his Ametek motors and I…from my Namco.

Again, the motors in my Namco are 5+ years old and are still running very strong, I know that the following companies utilize the ELECTRO motor in many of their machines: Mytee, Kleen-rite, Roto-Vac, Durrmaid, EDIC, Namco and many others; chances are that when you use the Vacuum at the coin operated Car wash, there’s an ELECTRO MOTOR at work cleaning your vehicles carpets!
It is my understanding that some of the above mentioned companies utilize Ametek motors as well.

Both very good motors, one assembled by Americans, one that’s not.

What’s YOUR preference? …that’s what it boils down to in the end really.

I prefer Conical and the support of our own economy....regardless of the manufacturer. God knows, we need all the help we can get right now!

Have a Blessed Day Gentlemen!

Respectfully,

ac

Jimsteam 1

Aug 21, 2011
Albert
It's a privilege to be allowed entrance into a company's Lab facility considering security and the proprietary parts they would not want the competition to learn of !
"Lab" tests are completely different than what is offered to the general public. To a secure and isolated sound room to a tray of 3 dozen orifices for testing. Lab at GM actually had a "Floating floor" to cancel all vibration from the shop floor.
After research I would use an Wind vane (anemometer) over the Flow Meter due to the accuracy stats provided at the Omega website. +/- 3% vs +/- 5%. I could also resell the wind vane to HVAC individual when to longer needed. Flow Meter= Clear tube piston/spring inside and a decal that could be placed anywhere.
Dwyer digital lift gauge is "Sweet" but a simple $50 dial plug gauge will suffice.
Can you enlighten us on what EM suggested for the CCer who wants to monitor his performance or do an upgrade?
Jim