El Diebalo pump pulsating and chemical feed does not work

BigPapa

Apr 11, 2013
Real Name
Dan Ziegler
I hope you find your answer Travis, I have a HE bought in 2016, and she is one sweet lady, She dials in to what ever I need...Yes..I am new to the new truck mounts, but Dam...As I run her out...and I was 30 years younger...She would still make me sweat...LOL

I don't even run the heat unless I feel I need it, but when I do...She delivers.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
the difference in the Diablo HX and their deisel heater TM.......

is they have a different chemical injection........for the cat pump.....

The HX has a down stream(last step) chemical injection with a separate chemical pump.......

the deisel heat version has a upstream(before the pump) chemical injection.....

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Update on the pump issue. I pulled the check valves on the pump itself and 2 of the 6 had dirt in them. Cleaned them out and no more pulsating. Thank you Jason for that idea.
As for the chemical feed I tried to prime it and still not working. I will fool with it some more tomorrow. Pull both lines off again and check for cracks and leaks as well as the chemical meter. I did notice there is water in the meter now just cant get any flow or bubbles going in it.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Update on the pump issue. I pulled the check valves on the pump itself and 2 of the 6 had dirt in them. Cleaned them out and no more pulsating. Thank you Jason for that idea.
As for the chemical feed I tried to prime it and still not working. I will fool with it some more tomorrow. Pull both lines off again and check for cracks and leaks as well as the chemical meter. I did notice there is water in the meter now just cant get any flow or bubbles going in it.
Glad to see you got that fixed

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Take the black knob off the chemical meter and take out the insert . I believe it pulls or screws out. Blow in the hole see if if the bullet moves. It could be stuck. You may need a new insert or rebuild or just cleaned out. There may be a rubber gasket inside that's shot. If that doesn't work u may need a new chemical meter