El Diablo run issue

Premier002

Sep 9, 2017
Real Name
Jeff Dietzel
Hopefully I’m posting this in the correct area. Have a el Diablo with about 800 hrs. Over the last 6 months we have replaced o2 sensor, coil packets and tps. The rpms are all over the place at times usually about 1-2 hrs into a job. Had it serviced several times but seem to eventually go back to running the same. Keeps throwing a o2 code but this has been replaced twice in 4 months. Any ideas!

Chris Longest

Nov 21, 2014
VA
Real Name
Chris Longest
Business Location
United States
Hopefully I’m posting this in the correct area. Have a el Diablo with about 800 hrs. Over the last 6 months we have replaced o2 sensor, coil packets and tps. The rpms are all over the place at times usually about 1-2 hrs into a job. Had it serviced several times but seem to eventually go back to running the same. Keeps throwing a o2 code but this has been replaced twice in 4 months. Any ideas!
Is that the only code?

Chris Longest

Nov 21, 2014
VA
Real Name
Chris Longest
Business Location
United States
I can probably walk you through this but it is a process these efis can get a little tricky. Need some special tools. Do you have the Kohler software or are you doing the blink test to pull codes.
I see you replaced tps, but did you do the tps learn procedure on it or just stuck it on machine?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If your on facebook, look up the el diablo group. Very knowledge el d folks there.

It’s funny. I was instrumental with putting the El Diablo on the map and yet they have me banned.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Why don't u call the owners?????
They made those tm
And bumped there prices up 4-5k in the last few years
Shud support there machines

They no longer need our services as they are now well known. Obviously selling plenty too.

groutguy

Mar 9, 2008
Fredericksburg Virginia
pristinepete.com
Real Name
Peter Diehl
Business Location
United States
It’s funny. I was instrumental with putting the El Diablo on the map and yet they have me banned.

They have you banned from the el diablo owners page? I don't believe that page is managed by masterblend, just some guys that have el d's.

Chris Longest

Nov 21, 2014
VA
Real Name
Chris Longest
Business Location
United States
Only code 10 1 7 4 used blink test. I had a kohler dealer install the tps and program. Again usually it’s good for 1-2 hrs then runs terrible .
See picture.
76de02940421e8bcb0614b0e16d7dde4.jpg

Chris Longest

Nov 21, 2014
VA
Real Name
Chris Longest
Business Location
United States
Have you replaced spark plugs recently as well? Also need to make sure you have enough fuel pressure. And by fuel pressure I'm mainly referring to the high pressure fuel pump on the kohler, not the "lift" pump. Only way to test that is to have the Kohler efi service kit.
84b30a8995c0eab0cf23fcf5abf79f3a.jpg