El Diablo leaking blower oil in exhaust.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Friend of mine El D is leaking oil out of the silencer at the bottom of the exhaust. My thoughts are it can only be the blower or the motor. He is checking right now to determine whether or not it is motor oil or blower oil. Waiting for him to email the video to me right now . it's too large to text. Once emails me the video I'll download it on YouTube and put a link up.
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1430664433.280771.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1430664249.254245.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1430664249.254245.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 349

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Do the motor and blower exhaust come out of the same pipe? What color is the oil? Tell him to keep an eye on both the oil levels. Most likely not the blower. I would guess posibly engine oil but more likely either WD-40 from lubing the blower or moisture being pulled from the waste tank that sits in the blower after shutdown. Tell him to be sure to let the machine run for several minutes after each job to dry the system out.

Reactions: suncarpet

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Check your shutoff float level in the waste tank. Mine was set too high from the factory, allowing waste water or foam to enter the blower. Your engine and blower both exhaust through the muffler. Nothing to worry about.
If you have an apo, I'd be wondering why the water level was getting so high though.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Because of where Masterblend located the blower filter, it tends to suck up more moisture and fuzz/crap than if they would have placed it at the opposite end of the waste tank. Kunkle valve foiled that idea I'll bet.

My 570 has a box around the blower filters on the far end of the tank. Seems like nothing gets back that far, but air. I check them every other day, but at 100 hours, I finally pulled the filters to clean them but they barely had anything on them.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Because of where Masterblend located the blower filter, it tends to suck up more moisture and fuzz/crap than if they would have placed it at the opposite end of the waste tank. Kunkle valve foiled that idea I'll bet.

My 570 has a box around the blower filters on the far end of the tank. Seems like nothing gets back that far, but air. I check them every other day, but at 100 hours, I finally pulled the filters to clean them but they barely had anything on them.
My amtex filters are never dirty either. They are in a box on top of the waste tank. Great idea.

Reactions: amtexequipment

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Check your shutoff float level in the waste tank. Mine was set too high from the factory, allowing waste water or foam to enter the blower. Your engine and blower both exhaust through the muffler. Nothing to worry about.
If you have an apo, I'd be wondering why the water level was getting so high though.
It's definitely oil of some sort

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
View attachment 48055
He says it seems too thick to be watered WD but that's what is hoping for. It only happens at high rpm's not at idle

99% positive that is engine oil. The blower does not have a whole lot of oil in it, usually between 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart and it would probably look cleaner than that since blower oil does not turn black. It's possible it could pick up the black from the exhaust but I doubt it would be that black. Tell him to check both oils for sure, if by chance it is blower oil then it is just about empty which will be a costly repair. I still put my money on it being engine oil.

Either way, check the oil before every job and take it in and get it fixed ASAP.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
My Peak will leak thick gooy slime out the exhaust if I spray the blower with too much wd at the end of the day/job. It's way too thinck to be wd 40 but that's what it is from.

skidom1

Nov 30, 2010
NM
Real Name
Dominic Cillis
Business Location
United States
Try pouring a small amount of UV dye into the oil, wash off the motor, run the machine on a job, and use your UV light to ID the source of your leak. My 25 hp Kohler had a leaking valve cover gasket, simple fix.

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Try pouring a small amount of UV dye into the oil, wash off the motor, run the machine on a job, and use your UV light to ID the source of your leak. My 25 hp Kohler had a leaking valve cover gasket, simple fix.
My kohler valve cover gasket warped. Cheap just to buy new covers though. I sanded it down flush and used some gasket sealer. so I could work till it came in. I was like really. . You could sit it on a table and see a hump in the damn thing.