Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The last truck mount set up we built by ourselves. We called it the Baddest truckmount set up on the planet! We used the El Diablo fuel fired but this time we are using the heat exchanger version.

Looking back many members had some great ideas I wish I would have implemented. Therefore I am asking for help to build this one in a brand new Nissan NV van.

So if you had a blank truck and a new truck mount how would you set it up ideally. Let your creative imagination run wild and we will see what we can do. Love to have your help!

Here is the starting canvas;

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1406312623.621473.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1406312647.556602.jpg

ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1406312668.340906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
Before you put money into that van you want to make sure it will do the job. So I would send it to a brother in the middle of Kansas to try for a while and let you know how it works for a truckmount..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TMF Forums mobile app

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
1st thing is installation. Side has always worked best for me. I am thinking no need to Rhino line it if I put a drip pan in. Agree?

Anyone use the DIY bed liner material? If so who do you recommend?

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
Drive that van into a wall. Then the nose won't look funny ;)

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
I have a drip pan only but floor looks rough. Things spill. Tanks overflow ect. If I had it to do over I think rino line all the way.

dirtsucker

Jan 19, 2011
fulton
Real Name
Ed Ware
Business Location
United States
You'll be sorry if you don't line it. Drip pan would be a good help with the liner. I worked a couple of months for a company that had their Truckmount on a drip pan. The rest of the bed was shirty from the chemical getting spilled and water from the hoses. When your spending thousands on a truck , what's a couple of hundred to protect it.

dirtsucker

Jan 19, 2011
fulton
Real Name
Ed Ware
Business Location
United States
Also don't forget the fur for the dash and the fuzzy dice from the rear view mirror.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I am going to put a "drawer" or slide in and out feature on my next install to make machine maintenance a breeze. Nothing like being able to slide the machine out to work on it and do routine stuff instead of squatting in that van. Oh and I'd put some "upgrade" LED spots in there for night work.

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
I am going to put a "drawer" or slide in and out feature on my next install to make machine maintenance a breeze. Nothing like being able to slide the machine out to work on it and do routine stuff instead of squatting in that van. Oh and I'd put some "upgrade" LED spots in there for night work.
Yeah I thought the same thing

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Who makes those Will?

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I've seen some generic ones here in USA but TM specific in Australia.

bobbyhier

Dec 20, 2008
Abilene Ks
Real Name
William Hieronymus
I had a guy make one for a machine I use to have used channel and garage door rollers then built legs that drop once it was out.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
The extended cap on this would be nice to hold 300' to 500' of hose, you need to modify a rack that has a motor wind up with rollers that let the hose wind up in the roof, oblong. This should give you much more floor space.

Get a 120 gal. fresh water tank, modify a durable bag that fits exactly in the fresh water tank. Make sure it has gravity flow dump.
Get a 25 gal tank where the waste water goes into and then use a pump so you can pump waste water in to the bag that's in fresh water tank. This should save room in the van due to no large waste tank and you will always have water incase there is none on site.

Use a water filter and a water softener, soft water will act as a emulsifier and save you a lot of time and money, as in chemical mixing and chemical costs.

Flood lights and a sine inverter (20 amps) for clean power incase you need to use a power wand or vacuum and no power on site.

Maybe some under side running lights, light up the ground and look cool at night.

WillnDeb

May 11, 2011
Real Name
Will
Business Location
United States
I would really like to figure out a way to mount a wireless remote camera so I could "look in " on the machine from inside the house if I wanted to over my phone. Make me feel a whole lot more secure in certain neighborhoods as well

Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States
I would really like to figure out a way to mount a wireless remote camera so I could "look in " on the machine from inside the house if I wanted to over my phone. Make me feel a whole lot more secure in certain neighborhoods as well
That's a cool idea. I'm not in the hood alot but one pointed at the instrument panel on record for "what the hell just happen" to the machine is a nice thought.

And @Rob Allen line it. I have the drip pan and stuff goes all over that 1/2" lip from Masterblend when you least expect it. I spend every other weekend washing out the back from spills, hose lint, etc. Don't forget the LED lighting and the insulation.

Slide out truckmount tray something like this. http://www.800toolbox.com/roller_coaster/roller_coaster

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Ingram

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
The last truck mount set up we built by ourselves. We called it the Baddest truckmount set up on the planet! We used the El Diablo fuel fired but this time we are using the heat exchanger version.

Looking back many members had some great ideas I wish I would have implemented. Therefore I am asking for help to build this one in a brand new Nissan NV van.

So if you had a blank truck and a new truck mount how would you set it up ideally. Let your creative imagination run wild and we will see what we can do. Love to have your help!

Here is the starting canvas;

View attachment 32158

View attachment 32159

View attachment 32160

I am glad you finally broke bad and bought that thing! I have thought about a drawer type thing for my slide in. It would be great to stand outside the van and be able to work on the TM when it needs something.

Reactions: rob allen

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
You don't need to put any liner in it.. the one it has will last a long long time. I use trim restore on my vans floor.. makes the dingiest liner look new again. I agree about the drip pan.. I would also look at hanging the hose reel upside down.. no real reason, just looks cool.

Nice van, something I was thinking of. The new ford vans look similar.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That's a cool idea. I'm not in the hood alot but one pointed at the instrument panel on record for "what the hell just happen" to the machine is a nice thought.

And @Rob Allen line it. I have the drip pan and stuff goes all over that 1/2" lip from Masterblend when you least expect it. I spend every other weekend washing out the back from spills, hose lint, etc. Don't forget the LED lighting and the insulation.

Slide out truckmount tray something like this. http://www.800toolbox.com/roller_coaster/roller_coaster
Thanks and cool link!!