El diablo heat run issue | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

El diablo heat run issue

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
having trouble with the el d have heat issues pulled spring cleaned magnet didn't work . Just replaced flow switch today still sticking sometimes any advice we're to go now .

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Check all the inlet and outlet screens on machine and tools. Sounds like something is slowing the flow down somewhere. Might even be a quick connect not mating right with the other

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Check all the inlet and outlet screens on machine and tools. Sounds like something is slowing the flow down somewhere. Might even be a quick connect not mating right with the other[/QUOT
Check all the inlet and outlet screens on machine and tools. Sounds like something is slowing the flow down somewhere. Might even be a quick connect not mating right with the other
not sure how that could keep diesel burner firing when I let off the trigger of wand it keeps burning not all the time but enough now that I've blown main hose on machine , live swivel connection now thermostat sensor .

Attachments

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Might be time to desoot the coil. I would call Master Blend and get their opinion. Could be a lot of things but letting off the trigger and heater keeps burning does not sound good. Diesel is still squirting and burning when it is suppose to shut down. Extreme fire danger I would have it looked at soon

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Could be a bad wire or connection. Check the wiring and connections on flow switch and all the wiring on the thermostat.

How many hours on the machine?

I had my North Star do that to me once stay on even though I let off the trigger but it stayed on and I had to go shut it off manually. Found out I burnt my flow switch up. Ran too hot of water through the flow switch from the my heat exchanger. I removed the heat exchanger and solved that problem

My coil also needed cleaning at the time, was filled with black soot. You can check that by inspecting the coil. Needs to be air space between the coils. If it needs cleaning you will have to remove the coil. Take it to a car wash and blow it off and make sure to clean well between the coils.

After reading you post again and looking at the pictures you will need another thermostat. I don't know much about the ElDiablo heater. I think it does have some computer module of some sort. I think a guy on here had one go out and had to have it replaced.
Anyways I have a computer for mine but not installed it yet. My heater has been running fine and I don't want to screw with it or add stuff to make it more complicated so I am holding off on installing the computer. Has been a year and it is still sitting in the box

Last edited:

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Could be a bad wire or connection. Check the wiring and connections on flow switch and all the wiring on the thermostat.

How many hours on the machine?

I had my North Star do that to me once stay on even though I let off the trigger but it stayed on and I had to go shut it off manually. Found out I burnt my flow switch up. Ran too hot of water through the flow switch from the my heat exchanger. I removed the heat exchanger and solved that problem

My coil also needed cleaning at the time, was filled with black soot. You can check that by inspecting the coil. Needs to be air space between the coils. If it needs cleaning you will have to remove the coil. Take it to a car wash and blow it off and make sure to clean well between the coils.

After reading you post again and looking at the pictures you will need another thermostat. I don't know much about the ElDiablo heater. I think it does have some computer module of some sort. I think a guy on here had one go out and had to have it replaced.
Anyways I have a computer for mine but not installed it yet. My heater has been running fine and I don't want to screw with it or add stuff to make it more complicated so I am holding off on installing the computer. Has been a year and it is still sitting in the box
We're are the coils ?

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
We're are the coils ?
Where your water runs through the heater. Should have a cold water inlet and hot water outlet. Don't know much about that heater. Only other way to heat the water would be a holding tank and not a coil but I have never seen one with a holding tank.

Your coil could be either stainless, copper or schedule 80 black pipe. Probably only holds a gallon of water. Should be wound with at least two rows of tube or pipe. There will be an inner an outer coil. Diesel burner will shoot the flame in the inner coil.

Should word that different. It will be one coil but wound in two rows

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Should be able to take the vent off and take out the screws holding the silver top lid on and inspect the coil

Attachments

Oakley123

Aug 13, 2019
Real Name
Paul
having trouble with the el d have heat issues pulled spring cleaned magnet didn't work . Just replaced flow switch today still sticking sometimes any advice we're to go now .
Did you ever figure out a solution to this problem? I’m having the same problem. Thanks

sparkling clean

May 16, 2012
Real Name
leonard urbina
Yes . On the diesel burner the fuel pump was sticking on . Only occasionally so was tough to trace . Replaced it been trouble free besides all the parts it ruined during the heat runs . Pull pump if the shaft is rusty might be it spray pb blast let soak reinstall. See if that helps If it does just replace.

Oakley123

Aug 13, 2019
Real Name
Paul
Yes . On the diesel burner the fuel pump was sticking on . Only occasionally so was tough to trace . Replaced it been trouble free besides all the parts it ruined during the heat runs . Pull pump if the shaft is rusty might be it spray pb blast let soak reinstall. See if that helps If it does just replace.
Thanks so much. Can u email me so I can ca ll u to have a quick chat? My email is
red-lion@live.ca