extremecarpet

Jun 1, 2011
visalia,ca.
www.extreme-carpetcleaning.com
Real Name
gustavo luna
Business Location
United States
ok , thats good information. That tells me that your thermostat and fuel solenoid is working properly. Two things could be wrong here. Either you have a wand with continuous bypass or the flow switch bullet is getting stuck. Like I mentioned above, the flow switch could have little pits in it or is distorted somehow preventing it from returning back down to its bottom possition. Or the flow switch is mounted horizontally.
The flow switch needs to have a smooth bore so the bullet can move up and down freely. Try installing a new flow switch and see what happens. Its always a good idea to have a spare flow switch on hand anyway. Keep us posted. Threads like this help other people too.
I removed again the flow switch and cleaned it put it back,EUREKA it's working,it's amazing to hear that heather going on And off when you press the wand trigger EXELLENT thank you ARA.:)

Reactions: Ara Klujian

extremecarpet

Jun 1, 2011
visalia,ca.
Real Name
gustavo luna
Business Location
United States
Please help, my el diablo it's acting really estrange,engine sounds like its getting forced when going up on rpms and its smoking black while doing it :( and that's not it my water heater it's doing it too but with white smoke,when its on it doesn't do it but goes of and the white smoke begins:(

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
You want to make sure your Kunkle valve is working properly. Mine was sticking last week, just took it apart and cleaned and lubed, works fine now. My hg guage on the machine said I was pulling around 9 hg's so I adjusted the kunkle to 14 hg's. Engine sounded like it was under a big load. When I put a external gauge on it found it was pulling 19 hg's. So I adjusted it down to the 14 with the external gauge and everything is fine now.
Check your air cleaner on the engine and make sure it's nice and clean. Dirty air filter will make engines burn more oil in some situations.
Also check air intake on the side of the burner and make sure it is clean and the little slide door is open on it.

I burn k-1 in my burner tank and notice less smoke, really none with k-1, but diesel will make it smoke a little white. Also you might want to check your burner nozzle?

extremecarpet

Jun 1, 2011
visalia,ca.
Real Name
gustavo luna
Business Location
United States
You want to make sure your Kunkle valve is working properly. Mine was sticking last week, just took it apart and cleaned and lubed, works fine now. My hg guage on the machine said I was pulling around 9 hg's so I adjusted the kunkle to 14 hg's. Engine sounded like it was under a big load. When I put a external gauge on it found it was pulling 19 hg's. So I adjusted it down to the 14 with the external gauge and everything is fine now.
Check your air cleaner on the engine and make sure it's nice and clean. Dirty air filter will make engines burn more oil in some situations.
Also check air intake on the side of the burner and make sure it is clean and the little slide door is open on it.

I burn k-1 in my burner tank and notice less smoke, really none with k-1, but diesel will make it smoke a little white. Also you might want to check your burner nozzle?
Thank you,checked all that and air filter needs to be replaced and the air intake on the side of the burner looks clean and its open all the way.
Let me explain a little bit more of what the heather is doing,when it turns on its fine there is no smoke,the problem is when it turns off the white smoke begins

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
How many hours on the machine are you talking? You burning diesel or k-1? Maybe a dirty nozzle?
K-1 costs about the same in my area as the diesel, but burns hotter and cleaner!
My machine will show smoke with the diesel, Thats one reason I do not use it.
I tried running mine at a lower rpm once and it smoked allot. I think it was do to the generator not turning up enough to supply the current it takes to run it.
maybe take a current tester and see if the generator is putting out enough juice to run the burner. Just test the output plug where the heater is plugged into.

Hoss4x4

Sep 25, 2011
Real Name
Dennis Graham
Business Location
United States
Thank you,checked all that and air filter needs to be replaced and the air intake on the side of the burner looks clean and its open all the way.
Let me explain a little bit more of what the heather is doing,when it turns on its fine there is no smoke,the problem is when it turns off the white smoke begins

White smoke generally is raw fuel not being burned.

Mastertek

Dec 13, 2013
The Suttner model ST 6 flow switch is spring assisted and operates at 75 psi min and 3600 psi max . Min flow rate is 1 GPM and max is 8 GPM . The ST 5 flow switch has similar ratings with the exception of the spring . In the free floating configuration ( no spring ) the switch must be vertical .Apparently the spring
allows the switch to operate in any position but owners experience has shown that this is not the case .

Reactions: Steamin' Seaman

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Lots of things could be wrong. I don't know much about the El Diablo heater. White smoke usually is an indicator of too much air. Air band may need adjustment.

Coil may need desoot. Make sure coil is not plugged up with black crap between each coil and up top of the coil stack. Needs proper air flow to fire proper.

Make sure that full power is being produced for the heater. If it is 12 volt make sure battery is in good condition and is getting a charge from engine alternator. If it is 110 or 115 volt make sure generator is working properly and if belt driven the belt is not slipping. Generator maybe going bad and not producing full power to power the heater which can cause engine bogging down and smoke from engine and heater.

May be circuit board which I think it has. Think a member just replaced theirs if I am correct.