Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States
So I'm pretty sure mine is shot. (cracked/insulation leaked, and burner not igniting). So I'll make the trip to Masterblend Monday or have one shipped down. My question is: Where can one pick this up within the United States? Or a replacement for the model below? I hate depending on one source for parts.
COFI Ignition Transformer TRS818C/S6

Reactions: David Lopez

David Lopez

May 10, 2013
Real Name
David lopez
So I'm pretty sure mine is shot. (cracked/insulation leaked, and burner not igniting). So I'll make the trip to Masterblend Monday or have one shipped down. My question is: Where can one pick this up within the United States? Or a replacement for the model below? I hate depending on one source for parts.
COFI Ignition Transformer TRS818C/S6
How many hours on your tm? Did you checked the burner electrodes for proper adjustment? Check if there's spark at the burner electrodes.

Last edited:

Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States
Its dead. No spark at the electrodes. The transformer is cracked in more than one place. When I started it on the last job I had some light flashing in the back of the machine, turned it off, wiggled some wires, restarted and it worked for a couple of hrs. then no heat, and the transformer had cracked and the insulation leaked out a bit, its toast.

Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States
I've had a couple of those crack on me. That's good you are going to replace it because can burst into flames. I have even had "brand new" transformers shipped to me that were cracked. It's a common thing for that to happen.

I didn't have time to drive up today but shipping is next day for me. I will be inspecting it before it goes in. I was lucky that it just sparked and flashed against the mount frame. We'll see if it damaged anything else.

Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States

I ask for some plug photos on that, thanks @gtech12v )I have no idea what the difference in a 818C/S6 and the 818C 12 if any. So I installed the new one today and the panel rocker switch was bad too, replaced that, I have spark now, but its not pushing kero in. I jump wire the flow switch (bypassed) and still no fire. Thought it might be that. Theres no fuel returning to the tank either. So its a fuel problem now, maybe the kero pump went out. What a pain in the ass. I've taken the lines off to bleed them in case of an air lock/bubble issue, still nothing. Somethings stopping the kero flow, Any ideas folks? Really this happened about 3yrs ago and it was the flow switch.

Certified Carpet

Oct 7, 2008
Colorado
www.certified-carpet.com
Real Name
Michael
Business Location
United States
Well I'm running it with the extension cord not the generator so I can hear everything, Usually with the flow switch bypassed, and using the extension cord when I hit the rocker switch the kero motor fan starts running and it is doing that but its not getting fuel to ignite. Make sense?

"is the motor for the burner turning?" How do I see that?

Paul Selby

Apr 26, 2013
South Central........Tennessee
Real Name
Paul Selby
Business Location
United States
Well I'm running it with the extension cord not the generator so I can hear everything, Usually with the flow switch bypassed, and using the extension cord when I hit the rocker switch the kero motor fan starts running and it is doing that but its not getting fuel to ignite. Make sense?

"is the motor for the burner turning?" How do I see that?

Remove the fuel pump from the blower housing by loosening the Allen head screw on the top of the cylindrical coupler.
Slide the pump straight out.
You should see a shaft with a black plastic coupler. Spin the shaft by hand. If it spins very easily, the pump is gone.
If it won't spin at all, the pump is gone.
If the plastic coupler is cracked anywhere and the pump is good, replace just the coupler.
The exhaust blower motor turns the fuel pump whenever the heater switch is on. The Kero/diesel is lubricating the pump. If you run it dry of fuel, the pump will seize rather quickly.
You can also check your thermostat to make sure it is working.
With all systems off, turn the stat from 0 towards the 200 degree mark. You should hear a slight click around ambient temp.
Your burner jet could be clogged. Depending on the age (more than 2 years) replace it.