Direct Mail EDDM - EDDm sent out 4 days ago | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM EDDm sent out 4 days ago

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
930 pieces to my best route. Last month I ended up with 6 jobs or so with a better job averages. 1 job carried over to this month.
I haven't got one call so far.....this is my Achilles heel every year trying to generate enough business in between late Dec. all the way until late April. I know honest information about results are beneficial...I've posted my stuff ever so often.
I literally survive these months off of my facebook stuff and word of mouth. It's a no brainer for me I spend less than 300.00 and I get several appointments to work with. I wish it were as simple as ok for 7 jobs it cost me 300. So next week I'll spend 900 so I can get 21 jobs:D

Reactions: Spazznout

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
One of my competitors has been eating my lunch right here in my neighborhood this month. He has a contract with a property management company that I don't wish to pursue although my standing is good with them. He's good on the google ratings and such.....2 of them customers weren't part of the PM. He just came in and beasted on mine.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
One of my competitors has been eating my lunch right here in my neighborhood this month. He has a contract with a property management company that I don't wish to pursue although my standing is good with them. He's good on the google ratings and such.....2 of them customers weren't part of the PM. He just came in and beasted on mine.
KARMAS A BEATCH Steve...he will get His ...GUARANTEED!

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
930 pieces to my best route. Last month I ended up with 6 jobs or so with a better job averages. 1 job carried over to this month.
I haven't got one call so far.....this is my Achilles heel every year trying to generate enough business in between late Dec. all the way until late April. I know honest information about results are beneficial...I've posted my stuff ever so often.
I literally survive these months off of my facebook stuff and word of mouth. It's a no brainer for me I spend less than 300.00 and I get several appointments to work with. I wish it were as simple as ok for 7 jobs it cost me 300. So next week I'll spend 900 so I can get 21 jobs:D
what about duct cleaning?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I have to keep an open mind but what I really want to do is add wood floor cleaning but I'm inexperienced.
Steve the wood floors are very simple if just scrub/strip and recoat. Can do with your 175.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
I refuse to work in my development, many neighbors don't want their neighbors working for them anyway. There is plenty of work out there, no need in resorting to people you need to see and pretend to like everyday.

A1CS

Feb 24, 2012
South Dakota
www.A-1CarpetService.com
Real Name
Harold Pastian
Business Location
United States
I refuse to work in my development, many neighbors don't want their neighbors working for them anyway. There is plenty of work out there, no need in resorting to people you need to see and pretend to like everyday.

An old guy once told me you're "not worth a damn until you're 30 miles from home"

Reactions: Brian Jones

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I love working for people I know. If I didn't do work for neighbors, friends and others that I see all the time I would probably cut $15-20k of my sales in the last 10 months.

Ps. Are you cleaning again?

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
I love working for people I know. If I didn't do work for neighbors, friends and others that I see all the time I would probably cut $15-20k of my sales in the last 10 months.

Ps. Are you cleaning again?
No, I'm out of the carpet game, but I'm still working in home services in other areas.

You must have answered "extrovert" in the other thread, because other than the neighbors that directly touch my property, I couldn't even tell you the names of the rest of the people on my street, and I can count my friends on one hand.:D

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I don't bother my neighbors at all. I think there is like 3000 people here in town. I'm in the local monthly paper. My daughters in advanced band at the high school, as well as choir and section leader for symphonic band. My wife is a band mom so there already is social interaction. I walk my dog daily it's really a decent place to live. I believe I can make it work just fine....but Jan- April need to produce another handful of jobs each month. I have a pretty loyal customer base but we are a community that the Beale AFB families like to call home. The local housing office on base quite often recommends my service or so I'm told.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
In other words I embrace working for my neighbors and I don't offer discounts because it can cause problems between neighbors. I'll throw in a freebie though. I do that on all jobs but I like every customer to feel special. This wasn't my grand plan by the way. I moved out here because the commute was a half hour for both of us. I didn't know my employer was going to close doors and retire two weeks before escrow on my home....yeah the one with the 6 month waiting list....the one that was going up $8,000.00 a month.
So I kind of had to be resourceful. I'm still standing:D

Reactions: Dedicated and A1CS

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I'm actually enjoying the quality of life quite a bit and for 18 months out of the last 24 months have been solid and getting better. I have a nice growth area just 12 miles south...I figured out a lot of things that got my business back up on it's feet. A whole lot of what I know applies to decent population density...this has been a learning experience for sure. I'm keeping the debt low and using the slow time to learn more about marketing to a target audience. I don't know most of my neighbors...but I'm not against the idea.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
No, I'm out of the carpet game, but I'm still working in home services in other areas.

You must have answered "extrovert" in the other thread, because other than the neighbors that directly touch my property, I couldn't even tell you the names of the rest of the people on my street, and I can count my friends on one hand.:D
I guess I would be considered an extrovert. It really does well for my business.

Citrox1

Sep 29, 2011
Pa
Real Name
JB
Business Location
United States
I guess I would be considered an extrovert. It really does well for my business.
I remember when you first started asking questions on the forum , it looks like you have come a long way and are doing well, keep up the good work my friend.

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I remember when you first started asking questions on the forum , it looks like you have come a long way and are doing well, keep up the good work my friend.
Thanks! If not for TMF I would have no clue what I was doing.