Randalj79

Sep 26, 2018
Real Name
Randal miller
First off, I'm not here to promote a product. I'm not here to kiss butt, although it may seem that way after you read this. But when I call a company and start speaking with some random guy for 20 minutes, never feeling like I'm being sold something, and not being told who I'm speaking with until I asked, 20 minutes into the conversation....to find out that its the OWNER, absolutely blew my mind. Ed was actually asking me if he was holding me up after I called him back a second time..and he must have saved my number, because he said "hi randal" as soon as he picked up. Very impressive. It was more like fatherly advice that he was giving me...and actually talked me out of buying unnecessary items. Lord willing, I'll be buying the Jaguar Cub tomorrow. But even if I couldn't or didn't buy one of his machines, I would promote Ed Valentine anything, simply because I've never felt so at ease talking to a stranger. I'm sure anyone who reads this already has their favorite brand of carpet extractors, and I'm no expert on machines. But even if I get a lemon when/if I receive my machine, I will still sing the praises of how Mr. ED VALENTINE treated me today. Old school, old fashioned...the way my dad told me business should be done. I will be youtubing this machine frequently once received. I wrote this because I felt led to. God bless all

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have had the privilege meeting him, and still have the privilege in living near him. I dont see him as a competitor, ( I instead tip my hat to him)
He's AWESOME! Very direct, but Very wise. I dont mind referring work to him.
About 2 years ago I went to one of his training classes, Man what a positive learning experience.
The man is incredibly wise!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Ed Valentine and I use to get into it here a lot. I was a Mytee guy, and of course Ed is not. But through the years I've come to admire, and respect Ed Valentine and his machines. Good to hear that his customer service is just as respectable.

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Many sincere thanks to all the true Professionals above. Because truly, it is you guys whom I must tip my hat too. You guys have just been terrific!

And, to Johnny Bravo who used to throw a stiff uppercut (!!-ha-ha) every once in a while, he is truly one of the "mighty-best" down to earth Gentleman I have ever spoken with, and I mean that to.

Thanks again everyone;
Ed Valentine

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
As I’ve said before if it wasn’t for these old school guys none of us would be where we are today. At some point the hatchet should be buried and mutual respect should win over. Many guys like Ed have forgotten more then we will know. They’ve been around longer then the internet and it’s opinions from people who’s knowledge only came from the guys who pioneered the industry in the first place.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
As I’ve said before if it wasn’t for these old school guys none of us would be where we are today. At some point the hatchet should be buried and mutual respect should win over. Many guys like Ed have forgotten more then we will know. They’ve been around longer then the internet and it’s opinions from people who’s knowledge only came from the guys who pioneered the industry in the first place.
Ed old-school guy ha. He invented the new school ways. He is the inventor of the vacuum booster And by far the pioneer of EMTs.
I know a lot of people think of it is old school but he was doing a lot of the stuff we are doing now for the first time
Think of how hard it was when everybody was touting how awesome gas truckmount are. When he was running a company with 11 trucks all EMT.
Someone say Ed thought outside the box I feel he made the Box a lot of us are using.
his products have been copied throughout the industry for decades now.
What's sad is other companies copy has designs on a regular basis give no credit to him and then argue with the fact that he has done research and development over a long period of time then act like he is the a Rival
And we should be ignored as the old man. (Oh that's just a Ed)

Ed is like Fred Astaire timeless
And the others are like some pop artists that will soon be forgotten in a mighty bad way.

Reactions: Calgary Hog

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
variations of the machines using electric motors were already developed also ...

The bane on the other hand .... is an excellent overall concept and design , heating the water as you drive etc .
I have used one ... upgraded by their scottish distributor to run on 230v , bigger blower and faster motor , a fantastic machine .

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
bill bane's .... ' history of ' is good read , most of the concepts were around a decade before

https://www.baneclene.com/ACMSPro/Pages/Site_Content/pdf/history-of-carpet-cleaning.pdf
Knew it wouldn’t be too long before you commented on a Ed V. thread. Ive read many of your negative posts whenever Ed’s names mentioned in other threads. You to are a asset to this industry and personally I’ve read some stuff from you that’s very helpful. But you never seem to think giving Ed his due doesn’t take away from anyone else. You subtract your from your own reputation greatly IMHO always chasing after the guy whenever someone mentions him. Instead of doing that (which I’m certain my post will make no matter to how you conduct yourself) why not share your knowledge without dogging him. Your post above isn’t overly negative, not saying that. But your a knowledgeable person (nobody seems to know who you really are) you have a lot to offer, but I often dismiss what you type just because it appears you always have to down Ed. Gets old quick.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
You guys do realize he invented the power booster because of issues of lack of cfm's in bane clean like equipment
and it's also a hilarious is one of my local competitors has a bane clean machine tm him and I get along pretty well his Transmission in his van went out and he asked if I would help him out to finish a job so he Road along with me in my van it blew his mind how much power the Cub( which we used on upholstery) had not just the Jaguar (is what we were using on carpet). we ended up having to clean an area over because I had a rotovac in the Jag and it looks so much better the section I did. Versus the section he completed with his Bane clene TM with bane clean cleaner. It also blew his mind Heat versus whatever he has.
So really what it comes down to is bane clean still sells equipment and cleaning agent to those that are sold the system and once they're sold into it they're married to it

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Valentine

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
not to sidetrack the thread but it looks like Bane Clene, HOST and Von Schrader are all has beens and not worth mentioning

Ed is an awesome guy. Never met him but read some of his posts.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
the workmaster etm boosted its PD with an electric motor for one ...
... lots of forgotten innovators ... id like to give props to them
I don't disagree with you that inventors are off and forgot
why disagree with you is in the fact that you're trying to discredit a man for innovating
An innovator may not have come up with the concept however they made it something everybody wants for example Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone but Steve Jobs made it something completely different but is also a phone even though Steve Jobs did not do all the work on the phone he had the vision that made it something that everybody has to have.
Yes vacuum systems use positive displacement blowers they also weighed an insane amount and took two men to to move around.
So when someone had the thought let's make it lighter and more efficient Tada that's an innovation. What you know comes from the word invention

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
but electric motored machines were already made before ... what was the innovation
I wish I had the time in the crayons to explain it to you in simple enough terms that you could understand it.

Henry Ford came out with the Model T and made it something everybody could obtain it had a lot of features other things didn't have in left out features that were unnecessary

Ed did something very similar

I mean it's obvious you don't like Ed but it really makes you look dumb to say there's no differences between his equipment and predecessors

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
download (4).jpeg

Reactions: Allied and Ymetimme