Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
How is the chemical meter plumbed into the TM?

The way im looking at it now is a tube comes from the jug of chemical into the meter bottom exits thru top of meter then to rear input of pump? Doesn't seem right. With a demand pump wouldn't it just push pressure the wrong way thru the meter? Im lost.

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
Wierd this thing had no check valve just a 12v solenoid to turn metering on and off . With a demand pump I'm wondering it the check valve will even open due to pressure from the demand pump pushing into the main pump?

MoJo

Feb 8, 2008
Arizona
www.greencarpetcleaningprescott.com
Real Name
Mauricio Marroquin
Business Location
United States
Isn't your demand pump just feeding your water box? Maybe you should have posted this on the "rebuild thread" a lot of people are following it and I'm no expert.

My ETM is plumbed pretty simple. It's direct feed. No fresh water tank, no demand pump, no water box.

Here's how it flows. Incoming water from garden hose > passes through water strainer to > incoming pressure regulator > to pressure switch > to water control valve > to inlet of Cat Pump > outlet of Cat Pump > to unloader > Unloader has a bypass hose back to inlet of Cat pump > The other side of Unloader has a T one side goes to pulsation hose and and the other side goes to Wand.

Chemical Metering Flow- Chemical tank > to Chemical Strainer > to chemical hose> to bottom of flow meter> Hose from top of meter to > Chemical Check Valve to> suction side of Pump

Joe Kennedy

Staff member
Dec 11, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Joe K
Business Location
United States
I deleted the old water box as its bit needed with no heat exchanger and added a demand pump. I figured it out I'm going to inject chemicals after the pump so only fresh water will go thru it. Thanks!