Duct cleaning

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
Is it worth doing as an add on service? I like to upsell as many services as possible.
If its worth it. What is the best setup with minimal investment?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
You can make great money with air ducts but the truth is it isn't quick and works better as a separate service than as an add on for me. We don't advertise air duct cleaning besides having a page on our website and we do at least 2 jobs a month.

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
You can make great money with air ducts but the truth is it isn't quick and works better as a separate service than as an add on for me. We don't advertise air duct cleaning besides having a page on our website and we do at least 2 jobs a month.
Oklahoma is horrible for dust / pollen and everyone suffers from allergies ( a big part of my carpet cleaning business) it would be good for my business I believe.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Oklahoma is horrible for dust / pollen and everyone suffers from allergies ( a big part of my carpet cleaning business) it would be good for my business I believe.
Allergies are big here as well, average air duct cleaning job takes us about 4 hours which is why I say it is more of a separate service than an add on for us.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I just bought some equipment for duct cleaning but haven't used it yet lol

Grant checked the list and was a great starter for me but I've gotten into more flooring instead. Fat guys don't like ladders lol

Maybe interested in selling send me a pm if you'd like

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
Allergies are big here as well, average air duct cleaning job takes us about 4 hours which is why I say it is more of a separate service than an add on for us.
Yikes. 4 hours. I dont see how some guys charge so little then lol. I try to make $100 per hour but I dont see anyone around here paying that for DC.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Yikes. 4 hours. I dont see how some guys charge so little then lol. I try to make $100 per hour but I dont see anyone around here paying that for DC.
Average job for us is $350, that is 4 hrs for me and my son so 8 total man hours. He is picking up speed on things but he does have a long way to go.

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
Average job for us is $350, that is 4 hrs for me and my son so 8 total man hours. He is picking up speed on things but he does have a long way to go.
Thats not to bad. I am looking into two different set ups. One seperate and one thats uses my truckmount.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
That is because the $109 duct cleaning jobs do it in one hour. They don't even really get the ducts clean. I imagine a real duct cleaning takes between 2-4 hours to do it properly and will cost more.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
That is because the $109 duct cleaning jobs do it in one hour. They don't even really get the ducts clean. I imagine a real duct cleaning takes between 2-4 hours to do it properly and will cost more.
It's quick to remove the vent registers and stick a vacuum hose in them but they really aren't cleaning much. We do all air duct jobs like the homeowner will go behind use and look inside the vents, we also take pictures on all jobs to show the customers the difference.

Jul 17, 2017
Real Name
Robby Crawford
Depending on the size of the House and the amount of registers we typically spend 4-6 hours inside the residence or commercial building. Duct cleaning is a very involved task, most times it is done with one person or 2 depending. We remove the vent coverings and clean them by hand, run our equipment through the duct work along with a heavy duty vacuum system to agitate the duct work and remove as much of the soiling as possible. Same process for the return vents as well. Return the vent coverings and proceed to the next job.

pacleaner

Dec 24, 2012
Real Name
Glen Isaacson
Business Location
United States
I work by my self. I average 4 to 6 hours also. The homes out here have about 20 vents. Some times all the vents are painted to the wall and the screws filled with paint too. Some times the screws wont go back in easy and I had one with the ceiling vents glued on! Then I have an area where the upper level are all ceiling vents with a complicated four screw and clip connector system and when you pull it off a ton of blown insulation falls out so you have a mess to clean up at each vent. There can be five of them in a master bedroom alone. Then there is working around peoples crap just to find a place to set up a ladder. I', 20 minutes set up 1.5 per floor and 1 hour with the trunk lines and then another half to put it all back in the truck. I'm not in a race. I do only one in a day of course, and I get between 4 and 6 hundred. I charge a base price and then a small charge per vent. I try to always bring the customer down to see inside the trunk lines either with my periscope or I take a cell phone pic with them right there and then after of course.

Nov 29, 2017
Real Name
Daniel Starnes
I think duct cleaning service is worth offering. There are many professional contractors who offer such service and make their business grow by making it a worthy pay. One of the professional contractor I know is heating repair service Morris County NJ who provides installation, repair and maintenance of all the HVAC systems along with the duct cleaning too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom