Duct cleaning

Discussion in 'Air Duct Cleaning Forum' started by mikevee, Apr 8, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. mikevee

mikevee Active Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +348 / 0 / -0
    Is it worth doing as an add on service? I like to upsell as many services as possible.
    If its worth it. What is the best setup with minimal investment?

2. Mike Krall

Premium VIP

Apr 24, 2013
    Male
    New York
    Ratings:
    +8,289 / 15 / -0
    @emeraldclean think Grant does pretty well with that as an add on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,683 / 84 / -0
    You can make great money with air ducts but the truth is it isn't quick and works better as a separate service than as an add on for me. We don't advertise air duct cleaning besides having a page on our website and we do at least 2 jobs a month.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mikevee

mikevee Active Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +348 / 0 / -0
    Oklahoma is horrible for dust / pollen and everyone suffers from allergies ( a big part of my carpet cleaning business) it would be good for my business I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,683 / 84 / -0
    Allergies are big here as well, average air duct cleaning job takes us about 4 hours which is why I say it is more of a separate service than an add on for us.

6. MikeGaure

Premium VIP

Nov 23, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5,097 / 19 / -0
    I just bought some equipment for duct cleaning but haven't used it yet lol

Grant checked the list and was a great starter for me but I've gotten into more flooring instead. Fat guys don't like ladders lol

Maybe interested in selling send me a pm if you'd like

7. mikevee

mikevee Active Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +348 / 0 / -0
    Yikes. 4 hours. I dont see how some guys charge so little then lol. I try to make $100 per hour but I dont see anyone around here paying that for DC.

8. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,683 / 84 / -0
    Average job for us is $350, that is 4 hrs for me and my son so 8 total man hours. He is picking up speed on things but he does have a long way to go.

9. mikevee

mikevee Active Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +348 / 0 / -0
    Thats not to bad. I am looking into two different set ups. One seperate and one thats uses my truckmount.

10. Qwikdry

Qwikdry Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,164 / 11 / -0
    That is because the $109 duct cleaning jobs do it in one hour. They don't even really get the ducts clean. I imagine a real duct cleaning takes between 2-4 hours to do it properly and will cost more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,683 / 84 / -0
    It's quick to remove the vent registers and stick a vacuum hose in them but they really aren't cleaning much. We do all air duct jobs like the homeowner will go behind use and look inside the vents, we also take pictures on all jobs to show the customers the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +107 / 1 / -0
    We allow 4 hrs per job on average to have enough time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ServproRob

ServproRob New Member

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Depending on the size of the House and the amount of registers we typically spend 4-6 hours inside the residence or commercial building. Duct cleaning is a very involved task, most times it is done with one person or 2 depending. We remove the vent coverings and clean them by hand, run our equipment through the duct work along with a heavy duty vacuum system to agitate the duct work and remove as much of the soiling as possible. Same process for the return vents as well. Return the vent coverings and proceed to the next job.

14. pacleaner

pacleaner Active Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +61 / 1 / -0
    I work by my self. I average 4 to 6 hours also. The homes out here have about 20 vents. Some times all the vents are painted to the wall and the screws filled with paint too. Some times the screws wont go back in easy and I had one with the ceiling vents glued on! Then I have an area where the upper level are all ceiling vents with a complicated four screw and clip connector system and when you pull it off a ton of blown insulation falls out so you have a mess to clean up at each vent. There can be five of them in a master bedroom alone. Then there is working around peoples crap just to find a place to set up a ladder. I', 20 minutes set up 1.5 per floor and 1 hour with the trunk lines and then another half to put it all back in the truck. I'm not in a race. I do only one in a day of course, and I get between 4 and 6 hundred. I charge a base price and then a small charge per vent. I try to always bring the customer down to see inside the trunk lines either with my periscope or I take a cell phone pic with them right there and then after of course.

15. Superior Sealing Solutions

Nov 16, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +184 / 0 / -0
    Whats the one for the Tm called?