Dryer vent cleaning. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Dryer vent cleaning.

Discussion in 'Air Duct Cleaning Forum' started by jasdavis09, Oct 15, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. jasdavis09

jasdavis09 Member

Oct 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone here offer dryer vent cleaning as a service? If so how many people out of 100 say yes to it and what do charge?

2. Kenny Wright

Kenny Wright Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Virginia
    Ratings:
    +596 / 6 / -0
    I do. I need to advertise it more. I charge $100-125 for a cleaning but that includes the vent and taking off enough of the outer shell and airpath guard to clean out the inside, motor, airpath and fan squirrel cage. It takes 1 hour to 1.5 hour start to finish. I don't mess with gas dryers but I will clean vent only for $50. Vent only is quick and easy.

3. 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff Member Moderator Premium VIP

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    texas
    Ratings:
    +18,861 / 85 / -0
    We offer it- do a few a month but really dont advertise it. Biggest issues is most houses vent through the roof here and we clean from both sides.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kenny Wright

Kenny Wright Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Virginia
    Ratings:
    +596 / 6 / -0
    The appliance repair guys here do not offer vent cleaning so I get considerable business just giving them business cards. They'd rather send me the business than mess with it. The really good vent money for me is summertime college fraternities. As long as I have a master key I can bang them out all day long fast with a helper.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cat 3

Cat 3 Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +136 / 1 / -0
    We charge $150 and get almost all of the calls converted to jobs. Like others here we are highly recommended com heating companies and appliance repair companies. Anytime we are referred we almost always get the job.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Options

Options New Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I don't do nearly as many as I used to and some are a true pain to do. Most associations have rules as to who can clean. Many of the vents are hidden in walls or ceilings, poorly constructed and/or made of flexible vinyl (silver or white) or PVC which is a code violation (the material the vent pipe is made of must be able to contain a fire not add to it) All joints should be sealed with foil tape, not duct tape and screws are not permitted. Many contractors don't bother sealing the joints and if you knock the vent apart in the wall you likely own it which means its up to you to fix it and building managers expect that done for free. Some are buried under decks or vented into attics, both of which are code violations. All birds are protected under the Federal Migratory Bird Act and if the vent contains a nest with eggs or young, you cannot legally do anything to harm them and the fine is in the thousands if you get turned in!

• Like Like x 1