Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
Not bad, but you might want to add the # of dryer fires a year, 18,000 I think, and the cost, 80 to 100 Million$ ?, And that dryer manufacturers reccomend cleaning annually. There might be some info on fire departments web site.

And yes your price is WAY TO LOW!

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I have never seen a flyer for dryer vent cleaning before but I'm not sure people will associate dryer vent cleaning with the picture of the fire. If they don't spend more than 5 seconds looking at it they will not know what the ad is for.
I disagree. The visual of the fire catches one's eye immediately. Urging one to continue to read.

Still not sure if that's the route I'd take

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: jaymark

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
I think it will catch peoples eyes when they see fire, i like it. How do you plan on dist 10000 of those, just curious?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I disagree. The visual of the fire catches one's eye immediately. Urging one to continue to read.

Still not sure if that's the route I'd take

The picture of a fire will catch my attention but I immediately think it is an advertisement for home insurance.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
The picture of a fire will catch my attention but I immediately think it is an advertisement for home insurance.
True but the point being that you will read it... correct?

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
True but the point being that you will read it... correct?

Probably not, I already have home insurance that covers a fire which ia what I would see the advertisement as. With that being said I have no idea what would make for a great dryer vent cleaning ad.

Reactions: Artie09

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Probably not, I already have home insurance that covers a fire which ia what I would see the advertisement as. With that being said I have no idea what would make for a great dryer vent cleaning ad.
Good point

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
I think it will catch peoples eyes when they see fire, i like it. How do you plan on dist 10000 of those, just curious?
I placed an ad last year in Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) for flyer delivery people. I am paying 8 cents a house (average sized houses so the driveways aren't too long). I'm getting 10000 printed for $570 and the delivery will run me $800. $1370 for 10000.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I placed an ad last year in Kijiji (similar to Craigslist) for flyer delivery people. I am paying 8 cents a house (average sized houses so the driveways aren't too long). I'm getting 10000 printed for $570 and the delivery will run me $800. $1370 for 10000.
can you search the net and find factual information about fires that have been caused by the dryier??
If that's possible just change you headline to a bigger font at the top of the flier with this fact. some like

Dryers and washing machines were involved in one out of every 22 home structure fires reported to U.S. fire departments in 2006-2010.

did you know that dryers cause roughly 15,500 home structure fires, 29 deaths, 400 injuries and $192 million in direct property loss each year?

(kijiji 201345 webpage where they can read the factual info)
and the rest of your add looks great straight to the point three benefits listed in there a guarantee ( I would make it stronger though)
A good deal and call to action missing a deadline and a little more cheese for the mouse but I like it.

You could even move the picture to the right leaving only the flames visible and on the left place your head line.

http://www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/causes/dryers-and-washing-machines

Last edited:

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
can you search the net and find factual information about fires that have been caused by the dryier??
If that's possible just change you headline to a bigger font at the top of the flier with this fact. some like

Dryers and washing machines were involved in one out of every 22 home structure fires reported to U.S. fire departments in 2006-2010.

did you know that dryers cause roughly 15,500 home structure fires, 29 deaths, 400 injuries and $192 million in direct property loss each year?

(kijiji 201345 webpage where they can read the factual info)
and the rest of your add looks great straight to the point three benefits listed in there a guarantee ( I would make it stronger though)
A good deal and call to action missing a deadline and a little more cheese for the mouse but I like it.

You could even move the picture to the right leaving only the flames visible and on the left place your head line.

http://www.nfpa.org/safety-information/for-consumers/causes/dryers-and-washing-machines
Good tips!

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
I think scare tactics are a a bad idea, I would go the route of asking the question" Are your clothes taking too long to dry?" with a picture of a frustrated women holding wet clothes by a dryer. I would mention the fire thing in the add but not make it the focus.

Reactions: Pinosan

Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
I think scare tactics are a a bad idea, I would go the route of asking the question" Are your clothes taking too long to dry?" with a picture of a frustrated women holding wet clothes by a dryer. I would mention the fire thing in the add but not make it the focus.

I would consider it "Educational Marketing" not scare tactics.

Sterling

Aug 19, 2013
York Region
www.sterlingcnr.com
Real Name
Ryan Sterling
Business Location
Canada
If you were going for educational, than your add has to go and redone.
"Your flier could work but it is not educational at all. It scares the crap out of people.
If it comes across as a scare tactic I can live with that. I believe the photo will open peoples eyes of a potential hazard in their home.
I do many dryer vents in a week. I include it as an upsell when I do duct cleaning. Most people have no clue that clogged dryer vents can lead to a fire.

Therefore, I think this is more of an educational flyer than a scare tactic.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
If it comes across as a scare tactic I can live with that. I believe the photo will open peoples eyes of a potential hazard in their home.
I do many dryer vents in a week. I include it as an upsell when I do duct cleaning. Most people have no clue that clogged dryer vents can lead to a fire.

Therefore, I think this is more of an educational flyer than a scare tactic.
Well there ya go.