Dry erase eraser spot

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
This spot is from a dry erase board eraser that was laid down on the carpet. What do you guys think? Nothing's been done yet. This is my in-laws so I got time to approach it

28ba33af040bd219ae68a4cdfa1ec15c.jpg

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
A crocking Test would be good to see if it will move dry, just compress a white towel onto it but do not scrub. You can even Dry vac it just above it to see if it picks up some form of dust.

Then you can Test it with dry solvent and then the wet side to see if you get transfer.

I would look at the actual eraser and see why the mark is so dark and deep looking, this does not look like it was simply laid on the carpet, whatever has transferred looks like it covered the tufts pretty well. Check the eraser and see if they have a little remnant to see if you can duplicate the spot on the remnant and then you have a place to test aggressively without affecting the carpet shown until you find out what will work.

It is also a good idea to test for the fiber content of the carpet.

Testing is a process of elimination while trying not to cause more damages or spreading a spot/staining material.

SAA

Reactions: Scott W

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
What Steve said. When in doubt.... TEST! TEST! TEST!
The last you you want is an OH SHIT moment.

Another option is to use a dry compound to remove it. Dry compounds won't cause the liquified spot to migrate to other fibers. And give the compound time to absorb.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I suspect that either the eraser was rubbed on the carpet or that the spot was rubbed with a towel. They said no cleaners was used on it. It was my daughter and her cousin that put it there hence I'm trying to get it out for them

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I suspect that either the eraser was rubbed on the carpet or that the spot was rubbed with a towel. They said no cleaners was used on it. It was my daughter and her cousin that put it there hence I'm trying to get it out for them

If I had a nickle for every time I heard a customer say, "I Didn't Use Anything On It"
I'd be a billionaire. LOL

Seriously I would give you the same advice that Steve did. Go do it, take some pics and report back to us. Happy spotting. You can do it.(y)

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure when I'm going to get out here to do it but I'll take some pics and update with results. Thanks for the advice guys

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Some good advice from @SAA and @OldCarpetVet . Testing, dry compound safe steps.

If you need to go further, I would have some All Solv Xtreme and Avenge Pro in my spotting bag. The combination of those two alternated works great on a wide variety of inks. Use All Solv Xteme as long as you are removing some stain. Next switch to Avenge Pro as long as that works. Go back and forth.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet