Drug Testing!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Drug Testing!!

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Then you need to come explain all that to the TN DCS. Those "people" took several strands from my head so I could see my grandson (never mind I have a higher clearance than those bozos could get and I'm tested at regular and random intervals to keep said clearance).
Just to allow you to see your grandson? Now that is crazy!

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
not sure of you situation, but main thing is you could see your grandson.

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Just to allow you to see your grandson? Now that is crazy!
When the egg donor was caught with distribution amounts of narcotics and my son (never married to the egg donor thank God) did the right thing and called the idiots asking what he should do as she was scheduled to have custody the next week, the DCS idiots did the "right thing" and took the little guy into state's custody. Everyone who was going to have contact with him during weekend visitations had to be drug tested initially and "regularly" afterwards. The afterwards testing was only on the father. Completely screwy system. Took over a year to get him back from the bozos. I learned just how foolish and out of control the DCS system is. God help you if you happen to be a working decent person they will do everything to make sure you spend the most money and effort possible; if you are scum, they will look for ways to help you out. Watched time and time again in court.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
When the egg donor was caught with distribution amounts of narcotics and my son (never married to the egg donor thank God) did the right thing and called the idiots asking what he should do as she was scheduled to have custody the next week, the DCS idiots did the "right thing" and took the little guy into state's custody. Everyone who was going to have contact with him during weekend visitations had to be drug tested initially and "regularly" afterwards. The afterwards testing was only on the father. Completely screwy system. Took over a year to get him back from the bozos. I learned just how foolish and out of control the DCS system is. God help you if you happen to be a working decent person they will do everything to make sure you spend the most money and effort possible; if you are scum, they will look for ways to help you out. Watched time and time again in court.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had to go through. The important thing as Crane already said is you get to see your grand kid and he is safe. Good luck, Johnny

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've had to go through. The important thing as Crane already said is you get to see your grand kid and he is safe. Good luck, Johnny
Oh, the money spent on lawyers was worth it. They live with us (the genius judge forced him to quite school and get a minimum wage job to "prove" he could take care of the boy - no such requirements of the worthless mother, he's trying to work for me & finish school now) so I get to see him every day. :)

I could rant for days on the local child "services" people. I hope nobody ever had to deal with those people.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Good God!

next thing you know they will be testing guys in prison...
Are you against this new drug testing Medicare recipients? Your hard core republican...

I think it's a great idea.

Remember in the classic movie "a Christmas story"? They are in the like 40's and "the tax guy" would come around to see what you own for tax purposes? They need to do that to these freeloaders today that spend more money on McOnalds and AirJordans than I spend on insurance to replace all my stuff they steal from me.

racebum

Jul 14, 2010
Oregon
www.mountainviewcarpetcare.com
Real Name
kyle
Business Location
United States
Wow! Old thread, no one else has views on this subject? Surprising...
i'm all for drug testing, but for a similar reason as your looking in the face advice. if someone is going to be around me or working for, there is a zero tolerance policy for illegal activity. i can overlook a felony from 5 years ago PROVIDED none of that is currently in your life. if the behaviors, thoughts and actions that got you arrested the first time are still there, you just have got to go.

also not surprised 5 guys tests. tons of pot smoking in the 15-20yr old first job demographic.

prcarpet

Feb 11, 2010
Clarksville, TN
Real Name
Chris Biggs
Business Location
United States
I believe in the constitution and personal liberties. I really could care less unless they give me a reason to otherwise. I don't care if someone hurts themselves it's the others part that I'm against like drinking and driving etc. Alcoholics are more of a problem than someone who smokes pot. The only difference is one is legal the other is not.

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
Did you get drug tested today? Thank you Florida, Kentucky, and Missouri, which are the first states that will require drug testing when applying for welfare. Some people are crying and calling this unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test people who work for their money but not those who don't?
Just a little info i found out yesterday, :D
I think we should start drug testing all the CEOs of corporations that receive huge government subsidies and corporate welfare that we all pay for.

mr.cleansalot

Jun 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Real Name
fisher james
Business Location
United States
i will be once i have guys working and driving. i will also putting the gps tracking system in so i know all ican about whats going on. not like i dont trust them or anything its business.

Reactions: LeeRoy

Robinsonio

Nov 27, 2019
Real Name
Arnold Cloony
I really do not understand the policy of many companies that obligate their employees to take a drug test. I also had the opportunity to take a drug test and I used fake urine coz I love to smoke a joint during weekends. The fake urine from here https://www.theihcc.com/best-synthetic-urine-kit-reviews/ is an awesome method to trick the test and avoid any inconvenient talks with boss

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
That sounds so illegal! In some places is illegal to ask the new employee if she s married or single. Drug test? You will be sued for the rest of your life

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
Yes

You assume that a person is high in drugs

If they test positive, you are ok, but if they test negative, you are screwed

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Yes

(and btw, I love that the 'bot touting urine samples used MLK Jr for his avvy - shows just how high-class he really is...)

In the US, companies are allowed to do drug tests, credit checks, and criminal records checks in virtually every state. This is because as an employee, a person becomes a representative of that company and is responsible for their equipment, the safety of customers, etc.

I'm a big fan of privacy and personal freedom - but when you take responsibility for the welfare of another's property or security, you lose some of that privacy and freedom.

Dec 2, 2019
Real Name
Window Cleaning Dublin
Is still not right

If i am out of my head, then fair enough

But to randomly stop me for a drug test? Is a bit much

It also depends on the job. A bit of cocaine could make me dig faster as a builder

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yes

Remember what your employees do on the clock falls on your insurance, your company and you personally. Whether they steal, injure themselves or someone else. You will then be sued out of home and business.
So yes testing is necessary for some. And 100% legal whether it be illegal drugs or prescription drugs depending on the job.