dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Who here drug tests thier employees? I use to but then got a way from it. The reason i ask is because my 18 year old daughter just got a job at 5 guys burgers and they want her to take a drug test. Which is fine cause she is clean but I thought it was funny that they want her to take a drug test and are going to pay her 8 dollars an hour!!!

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
I am a huge fan of looking your employees/subordinates face to face every work day, instead of subjecting them to urine testing (which I personally oppose). This and a zero tolerance policy regarding illegal/illicit substances or actions while on duty seem to work fine for us.

Reactions: Spazznout

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
want a real test and see if they have lied about doing drugs in the past, do a hair test, it can go back as far as 9 years.

braddaddy

Dec 8, 2009
Illinois
Real Name
Br@d Bl@ckwell
Business Location
United States
I think these corporate places do the initial drug testing more as a weeding (lol, no pun intended) out process.... cheaper to pay for test than to train someone just to have them not show up, show up high, etc etc

now that drug addition is a disease, a company is hard pressed to just fire the idiot...

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
Brad, that's why i love Texas, it's a hire at will state. Although it is very difficult to fire someone that is a goverment employee, my dad is a retired postmaster and it took him 3 months and alot of paper work and documentation to get rid of this lady, that was always late and came to work drunk..But, that's the government for you..

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Who here drug tests thier employees? I use to but then got a way from it.
Three views:
1. "Hey, what my employees do on their own time is their business."
2. "I tell my employees to not do drugs and I trust their word."
3. "We have a pre-hiring drug test and a legal, random drug testing policy including a mandated drug/alcohol test performed immediately after any job site injury or wreck."

It is your life and your business but invariably our more successful SFS members have chosen option #3. Why?

1. Government statistics state that substance abusers (including alcohol) are 400% more likely to injure themselves or someone else on the job. And they are MUCH more likely to engage in theft and pilfering. In fact, most workers comp and vehicle insurance policies will give you a substantial discount if you have a drug testing policy in place. (Hint: Use the discount as an excuse for implementation with your employees, not that "I don't trust you.")

2. You are in your customer's HOMES! Shouldn't they ethically and morally be able to trust you to send in the best?

I could go on but you get the point. Sure, drug testing does not automatically mean you will get great employees. But it will weed out lots of losers from even applying.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS An essential concept for success with employees is holding them ACCOUNTABLE. We've prepared a check list on how to "gently hold your people's feet to the fire" and like everything else on the SFS site it is free for the reading ...

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
want a real test and see if they have lied about doing drugs in the past, do a hair test, it can go back as far as 9 years.
I dont know how you would get 9 years out of it ...
Q: What about the DETOX shampoos and other masking agents sold on the internet...do they work?
A: The HairConfirm Laboratory tests the ***molecules embedded in the hair shaft.*** Therefore no external or topical source or agent can alter the test results. None of the so-called detoxifying shampoos or products can alter a forensic hair test performed in a laboratory, and therefore the hair drug analysis test is basically cheat proof.

Im prolly not hiring a guy who hasnt cut his hair in 9 years and if he did drugs nine years ago prolly not a great idea about who he grew up to be. Cough cough Bill Clinton cough cough ...

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Not if they shave their head.

I dont know how you would get 9 years out of it ...
Q: What about the DETOX shampoos and other masking agents sold on the internet...do they work?
A: The HairConfirm Laboratory tests the ***molecules embedded in the hair shaft.*** Therefore no external or topical source or agent can alter the test results. None of the so-called detoxifying shampoos or products can alter a forensic hair test performed in a laboratory, and therefore the hair drug analysis test is basically cheat proof.

Im prolly not hiring a guy who hasnt cut his hair in 9 years and if he did drugs nine years ago prolly not a great idea about who he grew up to be. Cough cough Bill Clinton cough cough ...
To be able to test 9 years back on hair. 9 years of hair growth on your average person would come out to total of 54" long to 108" long hair. That is some long hair.

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
guys, to you think the head is where they get the hair from, they use first pick arm, then lower back, then the legs, they dont use the hair for several reasons, first all the washing, the head hair is the fasting growing, and for guys it hold heat from caps if they wear them and that alone causes false readings. I have never seen anybody use hair from head. The accademy took from middle back, you only need just a small amount of hair to test, and how many people really scrub the middle of their backs..Just a little info on the hair sample. The drugs can stay in hair roots alone, not just what they cut from your body..

T

TheEyeball

Anybody see that Christian Bale movie Harsh Times? What he does to try to pass a drug test will give you nightmares.

LFC

Premium VIP
Oct 8, 2009
England
www.kleenrightuk.co.uk
Real Name
Mike McNally
Business Location
United Kingdom
People say to me I believe there's a major Drug problem in Liverpool and I say " there's no Drug problem in Liverpool, however you try getting a taxi when you come out of a night club at 2 o'clock in the morning"

crane

Sep 9, 2011
Texas
Real Name
steve crane
Business Location
United States
Did you get drug tested today? Thank you Florida, Kentucky, and Missouri, which are the first states that will require drug testing when applying for welfare. Some people are crying and calling this unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test people who work for their money but not those who don't?
Just a little info i found out yesterday, :D

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Did you get drug tested today? Thank you Florida, Kentucky, and Missouri, which are the first states that will require drug testing when applying for welfare. Some people are crying and calling this unconstitutional. How is this unconstitutional? It's OK to drug test people who work for their money but not those who don't?
Just a little info i found out yesterday, :D
Good God!

next thing you know they will be testing guys in prison...

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Good Grief!

Whats next? testing people who fly airplanes
Wait a minute that might be against union rules :AddEmoticons04259:

grimel

Apr 18, 2010
TN
Real Name
George Rimel
Business Location
United States
guys, to you think the head is where they get the hair from, they use first pick arm, then lower back, then the legs, they dont use the hair for several reasons,.
Then you need to come explain all that to the TN DCS. Those "people" took several strands from my head so I could see my grandson (never mind I have a higher clearance than those bozos could get and I'm tested at regular and random intervals to keep said clearance).