Drop Down Ceiling cleaning

Cmsnd

Mar 10, 2011
Real Name
Chris Slocomb
Business Location
United States
I'm looking for products and basic procedures to clean a drop down ceiling with Ceramiguard acoustical tiles; over over a commercial kitchen at a church. Obviously grease and cooking oils involved and it hasn't been cleaned in 20 years or so. Any info y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated. But primarily, an effective cleaning product to use would be great.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I'm looking for products and basic procedures to clean a drop down ceiling with Ceramiguard acoustical tiles; over over a commercial kitchen at a church. Obviously grease and cooking oils involved and it hasn't been cleaned in 20 years or so. Any info y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated. But primarily, an effective cleaning product to use would be great.
You'd be better off to take them down one by one and wipe tiles with a heavy duty degreaser, zep comes to a mind, either liquid or in spray.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Mine at my home basement weren’t as bad as those sound but I just used thatAwesome spray you buy at the Dollar Store. I wet up a terry bonnet good and spun it on my 6” car buffer I use to clean upholstery. Worked.