Draining water box every day!

akgolfpro

Sep 9, 2010
Real Name
Adam King
Business Location
United States
Noticed in the manual HydraMaster wants the water box drained after last job every night. I have never done this and was wondering if I should start

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Hmm. I’ve never drained a water box unless I was parking a machine for long term storage. I don’t see any reason to do it when the machine is used daily. Just be sure to keep the machine from freezing in the winter.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Noticed in the manual HydraMaster wants the water box drained after last job every night. I have never done this and was wondering if I should start
I've never done that and I can't see any reason why that would be in the manual. The only time you are supposed to drain the water box is when you're doing flood work. It might not be a bad idea to drain it if the machine isn't being used daily or at least several times a week. Another reason to drain might be if you're winterizing the machine. I've never had to do that since mine's garage kept. Just keeping water in the water box does no harm whatsoever under normal circumstances. I haven't done that on my Boxxer 421 in over 16 years. Which Hydramaster machine are you talking about?

Last edited:

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
I drain mine at the end of every day, but that’s just me. But I’m not using mine everyday either, only on days off from my full time job.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Only truly conceivable reason I could think of draining is if you have hard water, mineral deposits could cause the float and thermal relief to wear out faster.

I really doubt it's much of an issue though.