Down-stream injector | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Down-stream injector

Carpetsteam

Jan 11, 2019
Real Name
Justin Jackson
Building a small enclosed trailer setup. I’m going to get a little giant heater and put a low-pressure, electric pressure washer through it. I’d like to inject chemical after the heater. My flow rate is going to only be about 2gpm max. Anyone know of a good chemical injector that would work okay at that low of a flow-rate and that can handle consistent high heat? (I.e. not end up melting the little plastic pickup tube where it connects to the injector)

Thanks!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Proper high pressure venturi injection is going to be near impossible above 180°. They start drawing less at high temperature and eventually quit injecting all together as higher temperature is reached.

Reactions: Scott W and SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I agree with Jim temps gonna kill it for ya, why not inject after the pump but before the heater?

Carpetsteam

Jan 11, 2019
Real Name
Justin Jackson
I agree with Jim temps gonna kill it for ya, why not inject after the pump but before the heater?
I’m thinking that running acid rinse through the heater is going shorten the life of it, so it would be nice if I could inject the acid rinse after all of the Equipment. I know that they have last-step injection on some of the truckmounts, but I guess they must be doing it with a metering pump.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I’m thinking that running acid rinse through the heater is going shorten the life of it, so it would be nice if I could inject the acid rinse after all of the Equipment. I know that they have last-step injection on some of the truckmounts, but I guess they must be doing it with a metering pump.
Last step is after the pump, not the heat exchangers or burner, chems injected before it runs thru the heat exchanger on every machine ive ever worked on or owned

Reactions: Scott W

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Last step is after the pump, not the heat exchangers or burner, chems injected before it runs thru the heat exchanger on every machine ive ever worked on or owned
Hi, actually Butler is a true last step injection at the manifold exit port. Nothing goes through the heat exchanger unless you are bleeding air from the detergent rinse system. It actually injects it at the water outlet manifold on the front which is also piped to the live reel. Just trying to help.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
this is the chemical injection and bypass they use....
figure that out....dont know how they put chemical at the end of the heat exchanger??????
https://www.butlersystem.com/standard-features.html

but that is what they claim........
soap or acid rinse wont hurt HX or fuel heaters....you will just have to descale them more often....

but acid can damage a pump if it is not last step.....

if you have a kero heater - their steal coil is mega durable....5000 psi..for pressure washers
however...they are not brass or stainless steel.....
and if you run heavy acid rinse(vinegar rinse) through it and leave it over night for weeks and months it will eventually rust the inside of the coil....
the key to this is always keep soap coating on the inside of the coils......

propane are brass coils and will not have rust.....

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The general pump chemical pump Butler uses may not work for the OP's electric pressure washer, hard to say without a model#. A suttner ST64 1.4-4 GPM upstream injector would be a great choice IMO, bulletproof if you don't choke the flow at the tool.

Carpetsteam

Jan 11, 2019
Real Name
Justin Jackson
I called Butler, they will not sell major components or assemblies such as the chemical injector for use on non-Butler units. I can probably put one together by getting a cat pump with a pulse pump and then all of the other connectors, but I’m just going to keep it simple and inject my chemical before the heater.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I called Butler, they will not sell major components or assemblies such as the chemical injector for use on non-Butler units. I can probably put one together by getting a cat pump with a pulse pump and then all of the other connectors, but I’m just going to keep it simple and inject my chemical before the heater.
Wont hurt it a bit brother