Don't let down time take you down | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Don't let down time take you down

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I dont know buddy. I've been in a lot of hospitals. But never seen any carpet.
Ours has some in a lobby area but not much at all.

Forget working medical at all. Had an old friend who got poked in the leg by a needle when he was emptying trash. Plus the liability of cleaning around medical equipment

Had an employee years ago run over an X-ray cable in a dentist office with a vacuum and ruined the cable. $12k cable! Thankfully we got it worked out but after that said no more medical facilities at all.

We’ve done some dr’s offices and they were nasty so nope. I’d rather our staff not fool with em at all

Reactions: keep it clean

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
All I know is that when things go back to normal or as close to it, Im going to charge a whole lot more to any medical office!

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ours has some in a lobby area but not much at all.

Forget working medical at all. Had an old friend who got poked in the leg by a needle when he was emptying trash. Plus the liability of cleaning around medical equipment

Had an employee years ago run over an X-ray cable in a dentist office with a vacuum and ruined the cable. $12k cable! Thankfully we got it worked out but after that said no more medical facilities at all.

We’ve done some dr’s offices and they were nasty so nope. I’d rather our staff not fool with em at all
Needle sticks suck. They make you get blood test after blood test. Happened to me before.

Reactions: MikeGaure

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Theres money hiding in plain sight. "Sanitation" is essential business ;) filler up
20200405_164722.jpg

Reactions: MikeGaure

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Well, now is the whole world. Most people thought that 2008 recession was the end of the world & it was for many people all over the planet. It will pass. Europe is recovering fast because it has reacted fast and proper help was available to people. I live in Ireland. Because this downturn, i had to put all my lads on temporary layoff. The state is paying them 350 per week and i pay the difference. I pay their salary & the state refunds me within 24 hours. Very efficient. People dont have to leave their homes. But even in Europe, there are some "rich" countries that were messing around. The mortality rate is shocking in there. But even there is slowing down.

With America will be a diferent story this time around. They had all the time in the world to prepare and attack but for some mad reason they didnt. I dont know how it will affect your place because in Europe we know nothing about America. Beside Donald Trumph. But going by what has happened before, i would say we will all enjoy a nice batt stew within 3 months from now one saying Corona Who?
I wish I could share in your optimism but I can not.

This is NOT 2008. That was a recession.

This is that but worse,

AND a pandemic that was pushed into overdrive, driving irrational FEAR into a good potion of our population. It is causing some really weird social shifts...have you not seen them. Go out of your house if you have not. Fear is the most primal of emotions and the core primal driver of our every intent as humans beings.........

These people have no exit plan......

How are you gonna talk half the population off the edge?????

Life i s NOT going back to the way it was 30 days ago

Permanent change has already happened.

You can not just flip a switch and unwind that.

Will we rebound, yes, with less civil liberties and 30-50% fewer small businesses leaving us closer to a very very dark place socially and politically.........

as this collapse of small businesses happens it consolidates the last bit of influence and power the people had over our economy and society in the hands of the few owners of the corporations that are taking the market share of the decimated small businesses. And they are doing it with the money they got from us in the first 2 bailout bills passed before the 3rd small business bill. So small bizz get loans, the corps got free cash.

Then the corps and banks get to loan that bailout money back to us the small businesses so that we can then use that money to keep our employees paid and off of the government's unemployment number.......Great so I have employees who are paid, but no customers so no revenue from those paid employees. That means the loan I took and have to account for to the government benefited the government with lower unemployment numbers helping wall street. But gave the small business no benefit. Only risk in that if he did not follow the rules he would have to pay back every dime.

This is all a sick joke........

• Haha

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I was in a dark place with your wife last night Spazz. Sorry couldn't resist.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Nah, this too shall pass.
Yes many small businesses will not come back but new ones will start up.
The American economic machine cannot be stopped once it gets going again.
If I were a lawyer I'd be getting ready to file some damaging lawsuits against those authorities that way over stepped the bounds of the constitution in the name of city ordinances.

Manufacturing will come back stronger as the world backlash against China swings into gear.
For the first time in decades 'Made in China' will once again be looked down upon by the cheaper is better consumer.

And frankly, if individually or as a business owner, if you don't keep at least 90 days of emergency funds set aside then you deserve to fail.
Make better choices.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
And frankly, if individually or as a business owner, if you don't keep at least 90 days of emergency funds set aside then you deserve to fail.
Make better choices.
Careful, Pete, now you're sounding like a (dare I paraphrase?) snooty, impulsive, and arrogant jackass in your tuxedo, top hat, and white silk gloves sitting on the saddle of your high-horse, bellowing to any listening ear just how smart you are.

At least, that's what *I* read anyway ;)

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I started in carpet cleaning doing nothing but hospitals, 7 days a week... all portable work.

The pay was low, the hours sucked so bad and the hospitals would only approve 1 product.. All fiber rinse lol.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Careful, Pete, now you're sounding like a (dare I paraphrase?) snooty, impulsive, and arrogant jackass in your tuxedo, top hat, and white silk gloves sitting on the saddle of your high-horse, bellowing to any listening ear just how smart you are.

At least, that's what *I* read anyway ;)
Well perhaps you may see it that way.
I would just call it being responsible.

BTW in order to achieve this personally I'm far from living the high life but that is the choice I made to keep my family and business safe.

So thanks for contributing to the discussion by calling me names.

• Wow

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
We have a great country and a GREAT President!!! We will rebound fast and become even stronger!!! God blesses those who bless Isreal!!! Did you know Isreal flew us over 10 million doses of hydroxycloraquin for FREE???? But China sells us thousands of ventilators for the disease they lied about!!!
Mark my words, this will exponentially change things with President Trump in office. Their economy was failing and it's going to get alot worse for them now!

Reactions: gborris

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Well perhaps you may see it that way.
I would just call it being responsible.

BTW in order to achieve this personally I'm far from living the high life but that is the choice I made to keep my family and business safe.

So thanks for contributing to the discussion by calling me names.
Oh Pete, you silly wonderful fellow, I was quoting someone else in another thread. You and I are actually in agreement on the point you made. I should've added a sarcasm emoji somewhere... :p

Reactions: PistolPete