Don't let down time take you down | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Don't let down time take you down

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
The pandemic has rattled our countries economy but let me give you some good news and tips on how these times can make your business better.

First the good news... consumer confidence appears to remain high. Our RV dealership is still selling RVs which means people are willing to spend money on luxury items. The boat dealer close by has sold a ton of boats in the last 45 days.

It's a good sign that people are still wanting to make big ticket purchases. Our state has just gone under a stay at home order but we remain open under an essential business.

We are expanding our services to find new ways to generate revenue to keep our staff going. Times like this force us to think outside the box to survive. Take this time to make your business stronger and more resilient ... dont waste this opportunity

I believe we will be on the rebound in 60-75 days and we should be ready to capitalize

I also plan to make a few big stock buys and ride the wave back up...

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
The pandemic has rattled our countries economy but let me give you some good news and tips on how these times can make your business better.

First the good news... consumer confidence appears to remain high. Our RV dealership is still selling RVs which means people are willing to spend money on luxury items. The boat dealer close by has sold a ton of boats in the last 45 days.

It's a good sign that people are still wanting to make big ticket purchases. Our state has just gone under a stay at home order but we remain open under an essential business.

We are expanding our services to find new ways to generate revenue to keep our staff going. Times like this force us to think outside the box to survive. Take this time to make your business stronger and more resilient ... dont waste this opportunity

I believe we will be on the rebound in 60-75 days and we should be ready to capitalize

I also plan to make a few big stock buys and ride the wave back up...
How are Rv’s an essential business?
Serious question

Sound advice btw

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Yes we RVs are homes we offer essential services to keep them running. We also.have propane which qualifies for fuel
Makes sense we have here all the time and still make the mistake of associating them with vacations, even though our snowbirds live in them!

Good for you guys.

LeeRoy

Feb 13, 2010
Arizona
Real Name
Lee Coking
Business Location
United States
Kipp it's nice to hear from you again lately. Hope all has been well.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
It will pass. In this case, unlike the 2008 crash, it was no one fault. Yeah, the world could have had prepared better, but there was no criminal hand (or at least we are not aware). The blame game is gone. In 2008, for 5 years, they could not decide who was to blame.

Now the money are there and the states are helping. I would say that it will take the whole april for the virus to start slowing down. After that, the cleaning business will boom because most people will want to disinfect their homes/businesses.

Is still shocking how all this smart dudes that send rockets to Pluto, can`t find a cure for such a poor quality virus. I think we need to stop eating so much crap. Mad cow, chicken flue, swine flue, what`s next?
Sorry, my friend. But I find this entire post disconnected from reality and very, very much wishful thinking.

Day to day life, the economy, everything that was 30 days ago is gone.

It will all be different now.

This has caused so much damage to our Society and American way of life.

I fear for my country this morning.

• Haha
Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Lc17smp

Sep 19, 2019
Real Name
Larry Cole
It is relatively busy in my area. (North Dallas) Yes lots of biz are closed but some of the places that are open are busy. It feels as if people are getting tired of this and going out anyways. I was in my local Jersey Mikes the other day and there was a lot of people waiting for their orders. I am well prepared if society melts down. Other than that I don’t worry about it anymore. Up/down, up/down. I just want it to quit raining so I can ride my mountain bike.

Reactions: MikeGaure

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I got a short list of things to do that has been sitting like forever. It will feel good to get those things done

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Jose Rodriguez

May 28, 2012
Real Name
Jose Rodriguez
Thank you Kipp, I am in California, yes it’s slow down, yes everything will take time, yes we are in fear, however we are an essential business to a clean environment. Think out of the box, I know it’s dangerous out there, but think that we are exposed everyday in this industry to bacteria, how many times we get a call to go clean diarrhea or vomits because someone had a high fever and vomited on the carpet or the old person that couldn’t make it to the restroom on time and pooped on the carpet or those who cut their finger and bled all over the carpet. As soon as this started I sat down and texted, call, emailed each customer one by one explaining to them how important is to Clean their carpet, their tiles, their stone, their wood, pressure wash balconies or other outside areas, house cleaning and disinfecting their home, we provide all those services. I also emailed almost all because I haven’t finish doing it my commercial accounts explaining them that besides cleaning the carpets or floors we can also disinfect common touchable areas in the office, so far the respond of my customers about 35% of my old customers are hiring us for cleaning as of now and the other 65% are replying that they will call me once all this passes and almost all my commercials acts are calling me to do a walk through for an estimate to clean all from carpet to floors to disinfect common areas keep in mind that this places are close and no one has step in only management for more than 4 days and most likely the virus is dead, I know some will say I don’t want to risk it or it’s ok I have money saved up until all this passes, but like kipp said you need to think out of the box, text or call or email your past customers and make them aware that you are essential and that you are there for them to clean, plant your seed for the future. We are staying afloat doing this and we are not taking more than 2 jobs per day to have time to sanitize our equipment and to wash our selfs face, hands, we spray Lysol in our clothing and when we are working we wear a mask gloves and booties which will be disposed after each cleaning and we are not touching and moving furniture which I love because the customers know that we can’t touch and they prepare everything for us for in and out cleaning service.

pictures from cleaning a wall stone in Hollywood 2 days ago. Empty place now and we worked so comfortably with no pedestrians on the way.
6A3A561E-CF69-4EFD-95EC-41D6C984071A.jpeg
274F49F0-E576-486E-8F7B-5176F2A95C48.jpeg
F4C6D3CF-DFDA-452D-922B-1883A1C7620E.jpeg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What I'm curious about is hospitals. They don't have good deep cleaning procedures. So this Covid problem seems like a match made in heaven for us steam cleaners for their carpets.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ide like to see the service stay the same. It's nice to place an order. Then pull up and they drop it in the trunk for you. And away you go. No foriegn state people around like Maryland newyork Delaware and newjersey. Just local traffic. Wish we could keep that after this. Pipe dreams...

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
It will pass. In this case, unlike the 2008 crash, it was no one fault. Yeah, the world could have had prepared better, but there was no criminal hand (or at least we are not aware). The blame game is gone. In 2008, for 5 years, they could not decide who was to blame.

Now the money are there and the states are helping. I would say that it will take the whole april for the virus to start slowing down. After that, the cleaning business will boom because most people will want to disinfect their homes/businesses.

Is still shocking how all this smart dudes that send rockets to Pluto, can`t find a cure for such a poor quality virus. I think we need to stop eating so much crap. Mad cow, chicken flue, swine flue, what`s next?
. Oh there is certainly fault. The savages In China eating bats and snakes. I’m also hearing talk of some other more nefarious causes. China’s government. China should take a big ass haircut on our debt with them. A lot of these SARS viruses come from over in that region. Our government also has liability in this. Why the fug did they allow travel by politicos , business people and recreational folks? We had people on the ground in Wuhan since last year and their were a lot of warnings over and over since. This virus has been here months festering and they just didn’t take it serious. They didn’t want to interrupt commerce and business and look now..... Economy on the brink of collapse......medical industry inadequately equipped. They can’t print money fast enough to pay this tab. How many Americans are gonna die because they can’t get life saving procedures and tests because this is virus. priority #1? People losing theyre jobs. Nest eggs being depleted. Many Businesses never coming back There’s plenty of blame to go around.

Reactions: sbsscn

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Any Saltillo lately Compa?

Thank you Kipp, I am in California, yes it’s slow down, yes everything will take time, yes we are in fear, however we are an essential business to a clean environment. Think out of the box, I know it’s dangerous out there, but think that we are exposed everyday in this industry to bacteria, how many times we get a call to go clean diarrhea or vomits because someone had a high fever and vomited on the carpet or the old person that couldn’t make it to the restroom on time and pooped on the carpet or those who cut their finger and bled all over the carpet. As soon as this started I sat down and texted, call, emailed each customer one by one explaining to them how important is to Clean their carpet, their tiles, their stone, their wood, pressure wash balconies or other outside areas, house cleaning and disinfecting their home, we provide all those services. I also emailed almost all because I haven’t finish doing it my commercial accounts explaining them that besides cleaning the carpets or floors we can also disinfect common touchable areas in the office, so far the respond of my customers about 35% of my old customers are hiring us for cleaning as of now and the other 65% are replying that they will call me once all this passes and almost all my commercials acts are calling me to do a walk through for an estimate to clean all from carpet to floors to disinfect common areas keep in mind that this places are close and no one has step in only management for more than 4 days and most likely the virus is dead, I know some will say I don’t want to risk it or it’s ok I have money saved up until all this passes, but like kipp said you need to think out of the box, text or call or email your past customers and make them aware that you are essential and that you are there for them to clean, plant your seed for the future. We are staying afloat doing this and we are not taking more than 2 jobs per day to have time to sanitize our equipment and to wash our selfs face, hands, we spray Lysol in our clothing and when we are working we wear a mask gloves and booties which will be disposed after each cleaning and we are not touching and moving furniture which I love because the customers know that we can’t touch and they prepare everything for us for in and out cleaning service.

pictures from cleaning a wall stone in Hollywood 2 days ago. Empty place now and we worked so comfortably with no pedestrians on the way.View attachment 90565View attachment 90566View attachment 90567

Reactions: Jose Rodriguez

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
What I'm curious about is hospitals. They don't have good deep cleaning procedures. So this Covid problem seems like a match made in heaven for us steam cleaners for their carpets.
Maybe you but not me!
That's no longer a hope or choice. It has to be done.
Sad to say but aside from a couple industries maybe seeing a resurgence, manufacturing will never be what it once was here. The Men of Always will never put country
before profits. Never. And we like inexpensive stuff made by people working in slave labor type conditions from far off lands.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I dont know buddy. I've been in a lot of hospitals. But never seen any carpet.

Reactions: Jose Rodriguez