Done with MYTEE.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Over the years I have owned many Mytee Products. Several of there rotary's, there orbital, the "ETM", and upholstery tools just to name a few. I have purchased there most expensive and there least expensive products and everything in between.

I have been a fan and cheerleader of the TREX, purchased a couple of them in fact... Other products that I've spent thousand of dollars on have been poorly built and all around sub par which we have been mum about. Failures have included cheap Chineese plastic cracking, premature failure of components, machines breaking, and even an ETM catching fire in a customers driveway.

I have had tools and machines tied up for months waiting for Mytee to make repairs at times.

My last mytee product my 3rd TREX didnt even last 30 mins out the door. First job it was making grinding noises with the head hitting the shroud. I sent my supplier an email about an hour after purchase with a video of this. Mytee's response? Run it that way till it falls apart. After 3 months my technicians wont use the TREX anymore because of the loud grinding noises it makes in customers home and the embarrassment caused by customer asking whats wrong with your machine.

Today I had the awesome experience of a Mytee customer service representative refusing to answer basic questions and hanging up on me. This is after 3 messages left along with a email over the course of 4 days just to talk to her... Just the straw that broke the camels back.

More to come including pictures of burned ETM, video of TREX, pics of there broken uph tool...

Mytee: 99 percent crappier in 99 ways.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Over the years I have owned many Mytee Products. Several of there rotary's, there orbital, the "ETM", and upholstery tools just to name a few. I have purchased there most expensive and there least expensive products and everything in between.

I have been a fan and cheerleader of the TREX, purchased a couple of them in fact... Other products that I've spent thousand of dollars on have been poorly built and all around sub par which we have been mum about. Failures have included cheap Chineese plastic cracking, premature failure of components, machines breaking, and even an ETM catching fire in a customers driveway.

I have had tools and machines tied up for months waiting for Mytee to make repairs at times.

My last mytee product my 3rd TREX didnt even last 30 mins out the door. First job it was making grinding noises with the head hitting the shroud. I sent my supplier an email about an hour after purchase with a video of this. Mytee's response? Run it that way till it falls apart. After 3 months my technicians wont use the TREX anymore because of the loud grinding noises it makes in customers home and the embarrassment caused by customer asking whats wrong with your machine.

Today I had the awesome experience of a Mytee customer service representative refusing to answer basic questions and hanging up on me. This is after 3 messages left along with a email over the course of 4 days just to talk to her... Just the straw that broke the camels back.

More to come including pictures of burned ETM, video of TREX, pics of there broken uph tool...

Mytee: 99 percent crappier in 99 ways.

You should get into contact with John LaBarbara. He's always made things right with me and anyone else he's dealt with.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
From my experience over the years "some" companies have great ideas but poor execution.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
You should get into contact with John LaBarbara. He's always made things right with me and anyone else he's dealt with.

Yes but no. His employees directly represent him as do his products. They are an extension (and the face) of his work, ethics, beliefs, customer service, and business... His employee hanging up on me is the same as him hanging up on me.

I have no need to contact the owner as his employees and products have already broken, quit, defrauded, and treated my business in a general bad way.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I want to see ETM catching fire. How can something like that even happen? Good thing it was in the driveway and not in an office building.

They are electric. So any short in the system can overheat and catch fire... This was a really embarrassing and bad situation for me. The fire was electrical so it smelled pretty bad, some of the neighbors came out and stared at me wondering why a machine was burning in the driveway. I mean full on smoking with flames coming out of it.

As a newbie this put me down for a while during a critical point of trying to get my business off the ground.

I was a young cleaner and didn't have much to my name. When I asked Mytee to help me out seeing how it was an electrical problem that couldn't have been avoided, other than by the manufacturer building in a overheat circuit, they laughed at me and charged me full price for every single part and a premium on shipping.

I have a buddy of mine had the same experience with Mytees M12. I loaned him one of my TMs until he could get the money to buy something else.

About a year later John offered me an apology. Didn't mean much then. Doesn't mean much now.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
From my experience over the years "some" companies have great ideas but poor execution.
Great ideas and poor execution are one thing.

Customer service isn't what your doing when everything is going right. It's when you make a mistake what you do about it... You can either make it right or tell the customer (the guy who is giving you money) to pound sand... Doesn't make good for future business though.

Still waiting on that TM...I would love to buy into your first run Rob.

VividCleaning

Jun 4, 2012
Canada
www.vividcleaning.ca
Real Name
Roland Oskalns
Business Location
Canada
They are electric. So any short in the system can overheat and catch fire... This was a really embarrassing and bad situation for me. The fire was electrical so it smelled pretty bad, some of the neighbors came out and stared at me wondering why a machine was burning in the driveway. I mean full on smoking with flames coming out of it.

As a newbie this put me down for a while during a critical point of trying to get my business off the ground.

I was a young cleaner and didn't have much to my name. When I asked Mytee to help me out seeing how it was an electrical problem that couldn't have been avoided, other than by the manufacturer building in a overheat circuit, they laughed at me and charged me full price for every single part and a premium on shipping.

I have a buddy of mine had the same experience with Mytees M12. I loaned him one of my TMs until he could get the money to buy something else.

About a year later John offered me an apology. Didn't mean much then. Doesn't mean much now.
I got a bad service (water pump replacement) from where I bought my TM and now I would rather go to a different store and spend double for the same thing then go back to them.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
I am agree too, poor quality tools.

My experience has been that Mytee doesn't come up with any original ideas. They wait for someone else to invent and then rip them off shipping there products to a third world country to be manufactured. Selling to cleaners an inferior imitation of a product.

Example: SOS extractor rip off of waterclaw, Orbital rip off of Orbot, Uph tool rip off of Saph Sci, Lint hog rip off of hydroforce,
Injection sprayer rip off hydroforce, Air scrubber rip off of hepa 500,... Even there blue color is rip off of drieaz rotomold.

Coming soon bentley push pull wand is rip off of drag wand.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Been saying it for a while and some seem to be shocked when I say it but seriously it's over priced Chinese garbage.

The $800 spinner speaks volumes, it's probably no more than $70 In plastic and literally a joke.

Don't even get me started on the upholstery tool.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
The only tool I have from Mytee is a Trex Jr. and I haven't had any problems with it. I got a good deal on it. I think I paid about $1950.00 for it and I have a brush head. I don't consider it to be cheaply made. I don't use it much but when I do, it does a great job.

I like it better than the 360i I had. That's was cheaply made in my opinion. 360i and a brush head is about $2450.00.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe cool and Fedri

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
The only tool I have from Mytee is a Trex Jr. and I haven't had any problems with it. I got a good deal on it. I think I paid about $1950.00 for it and I have a brush head. I don't consider it to be cheaply made. I don't use it much but when I do, it does a great job.

I like it better than the 360i I had. That's was cheaply made in my opinion. 360i and a brush head is about $2450.00.
360i/Brush head delivered with shipping from Washington to Michigan $2145. 360i with the brush head is half the weight of the full size trex.
Definitely a few cheaper parts on the RV however a 65 the lighter weight is a life saver and the SOB is great at restoring carpets as the Trex is.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Gonna play Devil's Advocate here:

You guys want less expensive products.

Every day I hear and read complaints about "how expensive" stuff is, "how overpriced" it looks, etc etc etc.

So a company goes out and produces equipment that is less expensive... and by default, cannot be built to the same standards as the 'overpriced' stuff because of the cost of materials, labor, etc.

Thus, you're given what you want... but then you complain that it's not up to the standards of the more expensive equipment.

That's virtually the same as the customers who only want to pay you $25 a room... but expect you to get filtration lines, pet odor, Kool Aid stains, etc out of a rat-nasty.

We carry Mytee, not because it's the best brand out there but because it's at a price point that my guys can afford. A fellow who couldn't afford to drop $500+ on a DriMaster tool will get a Mytee upholstery tool because it's $200 cheaper. And no, it won't perform like the DriMaster.

But for $200 less, does he have the right to expect it to?!?

I feel bad for guys whose budget is so tight that they can't afford tools and equipment that are built to top standards, have excellent warranty coverage and customer service, and provide consistent performance in the field. But that's not my business decision to make, and all I can do is accomodate their needs as best I can.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Gonna play Devil's Advocate here:

You guys want less expensive products.

Every day I hear and read complaints about "how expensive" stuff is, "how overpriced" it looks, etc etc etc.

So a company goes out and produces equipment that is less expensive... and by default, cannot be built to the same standards as the 'overpriced' stuff because of the cost of materials, labor, etc.

Thus, you're given what you want... but then you complain that it's not up to the standards of the more expensive equipment.

That's virtually the same as the customers who only want to pay you $25 a room... but expect you to get filtration lines, pet odor, Kool Aid stains, etc out of a rat-nasty.

We carry Mytee, not because it's the best brand out there but because it's at a price point that my guys can afford. A fellow who couldn't afford to drop $500+ on a DriMaster tool will get a Mytee upholstery tool because it's $200 cheaper. And no, it won't perform like the DriMaster.

But for $200 less, does he have the right to expect it to?!?

I feel bad for guys whose budget is so tight that they can't afford tools and equipment that are built to top standards, have excellent warranty coverage and customer service, and provide consistent performance in the field. But that's not my business decision to make, and all I can do is accomodate their needs as best I can.

Maybe not. The flip side of the coin is we don't expect it to perform like the more expensive tool. We just want it to perform. Not break or catch on fire in the middle of a job. The complaint isn't lack of features its a crappy product.

Reactions: Allied

Latest posts