Doing this I never got call backs - ever | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Doing this I never got call backs - ever

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Wand not working as good as it should?

Rotary take too long to clean a large area?

With these type of jets, you can hit the carpet fiber more on the side then you see in the drawing.
Use about 800 psi, and using a water temperature of 160 degrees as the water pressure is greater for cleaning the fiber on 2 sides in one pass.

=====================

This here is a water jet, made of plastic and used for underground sprinkling. It is the best image I could find on line to show a better water jet, that would be for carpet cleaning wands.

If one like this type, like a flood jet with about 1/8 or 1/16 inch opening, enters the chamber on the side instead of the top, using about 1/2 less jets, custom made to apply a even spray on carpet, is probably easier to make and maintain then the original jets I had showing in drawing.

TeeJet - Boomless Spray Nozzles

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
WOW! thats a lot of chemistry there. Will you develop a formula that does not require so much mixing and using different boosters? seems like an expensive recipe.
Let's remember that was for a super rat nasty that had dog oils and lots urine for a realtor.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
Seems like it, but works!
You really do not need high PSI on CGD.
The higher PSI the more saturation, the more risks of browning or wicking
That is a good point. Kinda like hydramaster’s DriMaster rotary. Low pressure sheet of water so it doesn’t over penetrate which leads to its great dry times. But the one downside is it was meant for cleaner carpets. I wouldn’t waste my time trying to clean a rat nasty with it

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Randy about few years ago I had one call back to leave the carpet with the swirly marks using my 360i and I had to go back and fix it, I left the wand zig zac marks and they were satisfied.
My experience is most folks love them and think they look very professional. I emphasize most, not all. I try to do the job to eliminate any chance of a callback to the very best of my ability. If I think the marks are going to be a problem I either do my old style with the wand not leaving any marks or rake the marks out afterward on rare occasion.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
WOW! thats a lot of chemistry there. Will you develop a formula that does not require so much mixing and using different boosters? seems like an expensive recipe.
I doubt if that whole Hydroforce mix was more than a few bucks and likely he had quite a bit left over for another job. My guess about 2 to 3 bucks chemical cost on that job. Excuse me, cleaning agents. :)

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I found by accident that the swirls arent a big issue with low psi and a rotary. I then experimented more and ended with using low psi on carpet. I love using the bonzer on CGD.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Wand not working as good as it should?

Rotary take too long to clean a large area?

With these type of jets, you can hit the carpet fiber more on the side then you see in the drawing.
Use about 800 psi, and using a water temperature of 160 degrees as the water pressure is greater for cleaning the fiber on 2 sides in one pass.

=====================

This here is a water jet, made of plastic and used for underground sprinkling. It is the best image I could find on line to show a better water jet, that would be for carpet cleaning wands.

If one like this type, like a flood jet with about 1/8 or 1/16 inch opening, enters the chamber on the side instead of the top, using about 1/2 less jets, custom made to apply a even spray on carpet, is probably easier to make and maintain then the original jets I had showing in drawing.

TeeJet - Boomless Spray Nozzles

The wand will be faster then a rotery if the carpets are not filthy, if the carpets are filthy rotery is faster then the wand.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
The wand will be faster then a rotery if the carpets are not filthy, if the carpets are filthy rotery is faster then the wand.
I agree with Fedri 100%

Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I pulled a rob lol, it is hard work but its worth it, it looks amazing. Its time consuming. This was not filthy carpet.
Awesome. It also leaves the carpets virtually dry doesn’t it?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

clh_10

Jul 16, 2019
Real Name
Carson
Business Location
United States
Seems like it, but works!
You really do not need high PSI on CGD.
The higher PSI the more saturation, the more risks of browning or wicking
Ive encapped a carpet 27 months straight and just recently bought a water/air hog combo. To avoid wicking should I just start off at 200 psi?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ive encapped a carpet 27 months straight and just recently bought a water/air hog combo. To avoid wicking should I just start off at 200 psi?
lower the water hog to 400 psi and just make sure you do extra dry passes, you won't have any issues. The problems starts from technicians missing their dry passes.

Reactions: sbsscn and clh_10

clh_10

Jul 16, 2019
Real Name
Carson
Business Location
United States
lower the water hog to 400 psi and just make sure you do extra dry passes, you won't have any issues. The problems starts from technicians missing their dry passes.
Nice ok thank you. You seem like you know CGD pretty well, do you think its pointless to run a CRB on it? Going to start doing a quarterly extraction in between the encapping.