Doing this I never got call backs - ever | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Doing this I never got call backs - ever

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I have had one callback this past year and it was a good learning experience. It was a set of white steps that I cleaned. On the bottom three steps, there was an off white discoloration on the bullnose. Ive cleaned this house many times and it never happened.

These particular steps had carpet in the middle and hardwood on each side. What occured was that after the cleaning, I vacuum the bullnose with the hose cuff. Since the bottom steps were unusually soiled, I did have some overspray on the wood and I vacuumed the wood first thereby introducing soil in the cuff. Then I proceeded to vacuum the bullnose. And then up one step and do the same.

So now when I have overspray, I vacuum the bullnose first to the top of the steps and then the wood going back down.
I used to dry bullnose, riser and steps by using vacuum hose cuff also but because I'm in pretty great mood all the time, I go back to van and get my nozzle ( similar like car wash places have) , but blue one. Since my last cuff is swivel, I just push it in the cuff and swivel it away. It does a great job and the stairs look all groomed. When drying bullnose, all you have to to, is cover half of the vacuum slot with your index finger and it's all good...

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Can you tell why?

I have a best intentions when trying to formulate my thoughts and write it down. I'm not asking how much you charged for this particular room, all I want to know, how much time you spent to clean it. We all know that carpet cleaning industry dictates that we should be able to clean average room( up to 250, I'll raise it to 300 sqf) within 15- 20 minutes. Given the fact the one in the picture was heavily soiled, I don't want to speculate about time, needed to bring it back to life. You've claimed that you used a few wet passes and tons of dry passes ( lets say maximum 3) . In each row from wall to wall seems to be about 60 cleaning passes, if we multiply it by 6-7( for wet and dry strokes) it amounts to 300 forward, back strokes in one row. It sound, like you moved that wand of yours over 2000 times. What are you , super man? With all high end and mighty cleaners on this forum, I feel like a hack. Sorry @Johnny Bravo, you're the only one who jokingly mentions this aspect of the carpet cleaner life.
Can you estimate @rob allen how much time you've spent to clean this particular room? It's not about semantics, I really want to know.
Thanks

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I wet and jet all day everyday. Still make 6 figures a year too. Life as a Craigs List hack isn't so bad.
I knew I can count on you. I believe that you're likable among your community. You're open, helpful, cheerful and not afraid to speak your mind.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I would only towel dry the wood on the sides as my vacuum hose could pull up a loose wood strip then what ?

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I would only towel dry the wood on the sides as my vacuum hose could pull up a loose wood strip then what ?
True that, you're talking about drying bullnose, right ?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
My guess is Rob used a rotary on the room first and then wanded after.

I use that technique a lot on heavy soil rooms, that room would take me about 20-30 minutes depending.

I spent 2 hours from set up to breakdown on 2 rooms and a hallway yesterday where a tenant who chewed tobacco would spit onto the carpet. But the set up and breakdown required me running 400 ft of hose and I didn't have a helper.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Wand, no rotary here. The right chemistry and pre agitation makes it melt off. Here’s what I used on this one last year.

Reactions: Fedri

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Wand, no rotary here. The right chemistry and pre agitation makes it melt off. Here’s what I used on this one last year.

Do you bring your own water and then collect the dirty water in a dump tank?

Do you use a wand to use lower amounts of water compared to what a rotary can use?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
In my experience even with CRB and a wand the rotary still wins for the initial cleaning.

I had this experience recently where I did CRB and wand the carpet. Finally gave up and used the rotovac , no change in chemistry and the results speak for themselves.

Attachments

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
In my experience even with CRB and a wand the rotary still wins for the initial cleaning.

I had this experience recently where I did CRB and wand the carpet. Finally gave up and used the rotovac , no change in chemistry and the results speak for themselves.
I agree 100%. Back up truck did not have a rotary that day. I actually am a fan of using rotary's in traffic patterns and transition areas only. Then I wand the entire home including the areas I used the rotary. Nothing out cleans a rotary.

Reactions: Fedri and sbsscn

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
What is it about the rotary that does such a better job? I really honestly thought the CRB/Wand would do as good a job.

Is it simply the "flushing" power of the rotary head spinning through the carpet fibers providing that 360 degree flush?

I just truly was shocked at how much BETTER and FASTER it cleaned in a rat nasty situation.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I did a nasty Family Room Steps and Hall today. Old nylon and old Berber with some old pet stains and odor in the Family Room Berber. Customer is selling house. I used 8 oz Bio Pro - 2 oz Pure 02 Powder - 10 oz EcoCide Citrus Lush in a 4-1 In-Line Sprayer. No rotary. Just used a CRB and a Cyclo with white brushes on the steps.

Customer loved the results. Now I'm going back to do 3 Bedrooms Living Room and Dining Room on Saturday.

THANK YOU Rob !!!

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What is it about the rotary that does such a better job? I really honestly thought the CRB/Wand would do as good a job.

Is it simply the "flushing" power of the rotary head spinning through the carpet fibers providing that 360 degree flush?

I just truly was shocked at how much BETTER and FASTER it cleaned in a rat nasty situation.
Because it's physiologically impossible to keep up with rotary that turns 360-700 cleaning passes per minute with a wand.

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Is everyone taking multi dry swipes on cgd?

I did some cgd today, stretched out 225 foot from TM, using Mytee Bentley wand at 500 psi, 10 flow. Two to three wet passes then Tried the dry strokes and couldn't get any water. I have a window on the wand and on the dry strokes nothing was coming through it, so I just said screw dry passes and kept going. Went back 2.5 hours where I started and it was bone dry. No sense in busting your ass if it's not needed :) .

On some residential carpets I do get water on a dry stroke but some I don't and again I don't waste my time doing dry strokes and busting my ass if not needed. Wand window is your friend :) .

Now if it's nasty dirty most likely you will get water on a dry stroke

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is everyone taking multi dry swipes on cgd?

I did some cgd today, stretched out 225 foot from TM, using Mytee Bentley wand at 500 psi, 10 flow. Two to three wet passes then Tried the dry strokes and couldn't get any water. I have a window on the wand and on the dry strokes nothing was coming through it, so I just said screw dry passes and kept going. Went back 2.5 hours where I started and it was bone dry. No sense in busting your ass if it's not needed :) .

On some residential carpets I do get water on a dry stroke but some I don't and again I don't waste my time doing dry strokes and busting my ass if not needed. Wand window is your friend :) .

Now if it's nasty dirty most likely you will get water on a dry stroke
CGD is a totally different animal. Drys very fast. Really you have to worry about not letting it dry to fast or you will lose cleaning efficiency and rinse ability. We just add 3-4 scoops (6-8oz) of straight Groutmaster to a 4-1 Hydraforce and spray a couple 100 sq ft. 5 mins later rinse and it’s like new. Cuts and drys fast. We do like our powdered Acidic rinse or even now TMF Ultimate Fiber Rinse.

Reactions: JD5150 and J20770

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have had this happen to me actually a lot of times, but I am not sure if this is what you mean.

I have followed up with my clients, Ive done 1 week, 3 month and 12 months later follow up and theyve all said the same,

"Carpet came out so clean I dont feel the need to call you again cause it doesnt need cleaning" the other reason is " is still looks clean like the day you cleaned it".

They usually call me back but at about 2 or even 3 years later.

Reactions: Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
What I did noticed on your photos was that the carpet looked like it was loose? or with a ripple. Did you offer them carpet stretching?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

WOW! thats a lot of chemistry there. Will you develop a formula that does not require so much mixing and using different boosters? seems like an expensive recipe.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

What makes rotary's superior is that they do mechanical rotating work compared to us manual reciprocating work.
the 360 spins at 360 times in 1 minute, there is no way in Hell that I could or anyone here could move a wand back and forth 360 times in one minute. NO ONE can physically do that especially when a room could take more than 15 minutes thats
5,400 passes. Id like to see anyone here take that challenge, Id be willing to bet to buy any 1 gallon of Robs wonderful product for the winner (1st one to do it) oh and if Rob wants a crack at it and he wins id send him $100.bucks